Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > Watches
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 11 of 12 <123 ... 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
recordman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

[quote

Rolex, I imagine would just change the bracelet at seventy trillion pounds.[/quote]

Dead right, and they'll keep your old bracelet too!

Have a word with Perpetual Time in Liverpool, they may be able to fix the bracelet at a reasonable cost.

perpetual-time.com 2017 SDV8 Autobiography

Post #668327 4th Jul 2023 5:02pm
Rex the RR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Only ever had one watch at a time, Rolex all the way for me! Got my first almost 40 years ago at engagement time, an air king date! Tripled in value and exchanged it for a two tone submariner in blue. That tripled in value and exchanged for a white gold daytona, which l still wear daily today as l did with the previous watches! Not one has missed a beat and not one was ever serviced. I've never felt threatened and not one of them has been insured. OP, treat yourself and buy a Rolex.

Post #668448 5th Jul 2023 8:25pm
vs322

Greece 2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black
Grand Seiko

Still in the honeymoon with this one and something's telling me there's more to come.
So, never decide on a watch before trying it on first Thumbs Up

The Spring Drive technology is out of this world. Accuracy within a couple seconds A MONTH Bow down

Got a spring bar tool the other day. Mixed feelings about the silicone strap but I kind of see what they did there...

Click image to enlarge

I have a couple leather straps, custom ordered, on the way. Really looking forward to trying those on. Until then, back on the bracelet it is Laughing

Post #672632 3rd Sep 2023 3:09pm
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

@vs322 Very nice, personal favourite in the GS range, dial is incredible how it changes colour.

Post #672664 4th Sep 2023 8:11am
vs322

Thank you. It's amazing how both dial and bezel change colours depending on the lighting. I've always liked the GS GMT design but now that I've finally got this one, I'm looking for the next. Perhaps a Hi Beat SBGJ239. I wonder if the 245 bracelet would fit that.

Post #672669 4th Sep 2023 9:27am
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I have to say the sweep of the second hand on the GS hi-beat is a thing to behold Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #672681 4th Sep 2023 11:55am
Jay Porsche

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Fuji White
Re: Watches

TDV8_Tommy wrote:
Turning 40 in January and I've got everything I want in life, no, really. Very content. But, I want something to mark the occasion. I don't want an 'experience' or a few nights away in a swanky hotel etc done all that. I love watches and will cherish the eventual one for the rest of my days.

Dad got me a Tissot when I was 18, I love it because it reminds me of him but it's not great in terms of quality/reliability.

So, I am considering a sports-style piece from the following brands:

1) Breitling
2) Tag
3) Seiko

Seiko, to me, is the Lexus choice. Clever, refined and technically very good. If not a tad boring, but with undeniable pedigree. Tag, also very good but I'm just not sure...

I'd love love love a Breitling automatic and would love to hear from anyone here who has had one or has one and what they think of it. Quality, reliability etc. Also, open to suggestions from other brands. Just not Rolex lol

Thanks,
Tom

If you want a watch that appreciates then Rolex is really the only way to go.

To be honest I am very cautious about wearing mine now due to the risk of theft which is a shame.

I love the Tag Heure Monaco and thats on my list for the 50th!

Post #672686 4th Sep 2023 1:40pm
jamiej

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

Crikey, only been here five minutes and already there's a non LR thread which has piqued my interest!

Another expensive hobby, although if you are considering the Rolex route, i'd keep your powder dry... the market is turning.

Post #679243 1st Dec 2023 7:49pm
vs322

Welcome to the forum, Jamie. Yes, the tide is slowly turning with Rolex. Worth holding out for some better prices down the road but don't expect them to tank.

Post #679247 1st Dec 2023 7:57pm
jamiej

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

I agree 100%, there is no chance of them tanking I don't think, but the non date subs I expect will start to become available, together with the OP range.

Pepsi GMTs and Daytonas will always hard to find, but I think the tides are turning.

Lovely GS by the way. A GS, to me, is a true sign of an enthusiast.

Post #679248 1st Dec 2023 8:11pm
vs322

Subs and SS Sub dates can now be had at a relatively modest markup on the secondary market. And more people seem to be getting the AD call for them lately. BLNR and TT CHNR GMTs are unsurprisingly offered by ADs as more realistically attainable alternatives to the BLRO, if someone would like to express an interest. (CHNR is at or below retail on the 2ndary now.) OP 36s' are also relatively attainable atm. I haven't enquired about a Daytona though, as it isn't something I would personally be interested in.

Thanks for your kind comment on the GS. After years of Rolex/Tudor ownership I decided to try something different, that I had always been admiring from afar. It is a breath of fresh air and arguably, a better watch. Thumbs Up

Post #679249 1st Dec 2023 8:22pm
Weegie

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I’m thinking of selling my Rolex GMT Master II, picture earlier in the thread. I lost the box and papers in a house move. It was bought new in 1986. I rarely wear it now.

Don’t know how to price it. Any thoughts? John
2008 Stornoway Grey 3.6 Tdv8 Vogue
2005 TD6 Java Black Vogue - Written off!!
GAP iiD BT
2003 Discovery TD5 Auto, Nanocom Evolution - gone to a new home!
MasseyFerguson 152 - No electronics!! - Sold

Post #679284 2nd Dec 2023 10:43am
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

I chose to sink my money into Range Rovers not watches. Obviously apart from the running costs etc RRs just depreciate whereas watches seem to appreciate. I just inherited an old Omega and reading this thread I sent it way to have it serviced but as its a Geneve from the 60s I think the service might cost more than the watch is worth. My son on the other hand (living in London a car is not required) has become a serial purchaser of Rolex's and they are all worth much more now that he paid for them. However he is afraid to wear them because some ne'r do well might mug him for it. Just to demonstrate I know nowt about watched he's one I have had for almost 50 years, just had it serviced, never take it off and it tells the time. But I wonder if I had bought a Rolex all those years ago I could buy an L460 Rolling with laughter

Click image to enlarge

Although I have to say I have always fancied one of those Rolexes with the Blue and Red dial surround. My son did offer me this one but as I'm a Man United follower (also depreciating) its the wrong colour, so I turned him down, and although I'll not reveal the price suffice to say SWMBO said "its a lot of money for a watch" so thats a no then!!

Click image to enlarge
 Geoff

Post #679286 2nd Dec 2023 11:18am
vs322

Weegie wrote:
I’m thinking of selling my Rolex GMT Master II, picture earlier in the thread. I lost the box and papers in a house move. It was bought new in 1986. I rarely wear it now.

Don’t know how to price it. Any thoughts?

Check similar age/condition listings on Chrono 24. Then subtract their fees (some 5-7%) and you'll have a (somewhat optimistic) ballpark.
IF you chose to have it serviced by an official Rolex Service Center, which would set you back between 700 and 1000 GBP, then you will be offering 100% guaranteed authenticity and 2 years of warranty. So there's that, for your consideration.

That's if you're selling privately. And it comes with its hassle and risks.
If you decide to sell at a store, be prepared for a lowball offer. But you will be getting peace of mind in exchange.

Post #679293 2nd Dec 2023 12:14pm
Weegie

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Thanks for the information. Thumbs Up John
2008 Stornoway Grey 3.6 Tdv8 Vogue
2005 TD6 Java Black Vogue - Written off!!
GAP iiD BT
2003 Discovery TD5 Auto, Nanocom Evolution - gone to a new home!
MasseyFerguson 152 - No electronics!! - Sold

Post #679345 3rd Dec 2023 4:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 11 of 12 <123 ... 101112>