Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > LWB vs SWB
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

She looks beautiful Bill - Clearly she's enjoying a relaxed and happy life Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

See this video below at 2 minutes 19 and also my question raised earlier today in this section of the forum, about fully flat load space in the 7 seater.

This video below should illustrate the extra space required, to maintain maximum levels of comfort for the pooch!

Post #620080 15th Jan 2022 5:44pm
RDR

United Kingdom 

From the videos and measurements availible it looks very close to the disco. I need maximum space for the dogs and we do use seven seats often with 3 teenage kids and their friends to ferry around.

As you can see I’m pushing the discos boot space to the maximum, there is also a GSP out of shot who squeezes in with the lab Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Post #620089 15th Jan 2022 6:24pm
322BLL

Estonia 

Lwb does look good, much better than swb(on photos). Seems like l460 was created as lwb and then offered also swb version. Can’t think of any long/lang version that looks better than standard. Would be big + as well if 7 seater will have more luggage room(when extra seats folded) than swb.

Last edited by 322BLL on 23rd Jan 2022 2:58pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #620167 16th Jan 2022 1:18pm
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

What do we think the LWB 7 seater resale/depreciation will be compared to the SWB?

I’ve just spec’d the LWB the same as my current SWB order and there is only £5k difference which was surprising to me. I expected the difference to be larger.

When I first saw the LWB I didn’t realise it was the LWB. It’s definitely better proportioned than the LWB L405. I don’t have much need for the extra room but it may make sense financially at resale.

Had a quick look at the final payments on the LR PCP calculator and the depreciation is similar but I can’t help thinking the 7 seater will be more sought after. Does that logic stand up? MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #620186 16th Jan 2022 4:18pm

United Kingdom 

The previous two posts are what I am wrestling with. The L460 for some reason looks better as LWB. I don’t know why it works on this one when it didn’t on the L405. This alone could make it more desirable come resale. Add to the mix the extra utility of the rear seat space and seven seats will also make it more desirable. The only thing I can see that will turn people off is parking (finding a long enough space).

The other consideration is whether if I change my order to LWB will I have a longer wait.

Post #620211 16th Jan 2022 5:59pm
RDR

United Kingdom 

I think the logic stands up. the 7 Seater is very practical plus it looks better proportioned. I'm sure it will widen appeal at resale. With the rear steer, parking shouldn't be too bad its just the length in a standard bay to watch out for.

I think LRs pricing on this is quite clever if it had been a £10k premium I don't think people would have batted an eyelid, fully loaded Discos can top £80k this could tease people to make the jump to a full fat where practicality has historically prevented it.

Post #620268 17th Jan 2022 10:13am
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Thanks to Aja500 for posting that video - that's the first time I've seen a LWB car next to a SWB car. It's also the first one I've seen without the privacy glass.

I think that's a decision made for me - LWB, 7 seats, no privacy glass, and I also like that colour - wonder if it's the Charente Grey which I've had my eye on. 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #620308 17th Jan 2022 5:13pm
Phil.

Yes, it is Charente Grey as I saw identical models last week. Here are a couple of photos I also posted on another thread:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 MY23 D350 HSE

Post #620322 17th Jan 2022 6:32pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Thanks for confirming, and for posting those pics! I'm not sure it's a hugely adventurous colour, but then again, it does look almost brown in some pics, so perhaps it is.

Not sure I'm brave enough for the light colour leather interior, but it does look damn good. 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #620325 17th Jan 2022 6:57pm
Phil.

My order is for Charente Grey with the Dark Atlas finish and the light interior. Having seen the black interior on the gold SWB in the photos it was a very dark uninviting space. I have had both light and dark interiors on RR's in the past and much prefer the light ones, which surprisingly I found easier to keep clean. Just my opinion obviously Wink MY23 D350 HSE

Post #620332 17th Jan 2022 8:08pm
Phil.

For those interested in turning circles some approx. figures:

L405 SWB 12m
L460 SWB 11m
L460 LWB 11.5m MY23 D350 HSE

Post #620333 17th Jan 2022 8:10pm
Derek

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zambezi Silver

I think it looks better proportioned on the LWB because the quarter window looks normal sized, whereas it looks too big on the SWB

Post #620334 17th Jan 2022 8:19pm
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Will the 2nd row seats in the LWB AB have noise-cancelling speakers in the headrests? Or is that only available in the SWB AB version, and maybe only for the executive seats?

Post #620479 18th Jan 2022 8:38pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

I believe this is only possible with the exec class seats.

Post #620491 18th Jan 2022 9:19pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

I had a good look at a LWB with 7 seats at my dealer last night. Definitely convinced me that it's the one to go for.

One question I had, and the dealer didn't have the answer, is regarding the parcel shelf on the LWB. When the rear seats are folded down, what does the parcel shelf look like? The car in the dealer didn't have a parcel shelf, and from what I could see, there only seems to be room for a parcel shelf behind where the rear seats are when in place.

Reason I ask is that if I'm going for a clear glass car, I want to be sure that the contents of the boot are not visible from outside. 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #620800 21st Jan 2022 4:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>