Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > LWB vs SWB
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 

United Kingdom 
LWB vs SWB

Given that the long wheelbase model is only £2K more, what would be the reasons for not having this over the SWB other than the obvious one that it will be a real pain to find somewhere to park?

I have ordered a SWB as the extra room in the back seats is of very little value to me, but I am wondering whether this is sensible. Will the LWB hold its value better? Will most people want the LWB? Harry Metcalfe recently said that the seven seat LWB was in high demand.

Post #619567 11th Jan 2022 3:11pm
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

People who want a long wheel base would want one, people who don't don't Mr. Green

Unless I'm a professional chauffeur, or be driven all the time, I have no interest in long wheel base cars and would avoid them.

Post #619583 11th Jan 2022 4:32pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

I've been thinking similar. I quite like the option of the 7 seats, as there have been a few occasions recently when I'd have used them. And the integration of the extra two rear seats is very neat, from the reviews I've seen so far.

However, I've never been a fan of the LWB look, so would be keen to see one in the flesh before ordering. And would an LWB version arrive sooner or later? Probably later, I'm guessing. 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #619606 11th Jan 2022 6:39pm

United Kingdom 

I never liked the look of the L405 LWB. Somehow the design of the L460 LWB looks like less of an afterthought and I think it works better with the overall design. I don’t know why because it’s still just a stretch by a few centimetres between B and C pillars.

Post #619649 11th Jan 2022 11:05pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

The 405 LWB looks far more in proportion IMHO... The fake door vents were put there as the front doors were too long for the eye to not notice the proportions were wrong... The LWB fits Thumbs Up

Post #619665 12th Jan 2022 1:36am
Kot

United Kingdom 

The LWB is really pretending to be a Limo, not practicable in the local supermarket car park with ever shrinking spaces, even worse in a multi storey car park Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #619672 12th Jan 2022 10:33am
Angus

United Kingdom 

I agree the LWB didn’t really work on the L405 but is much better integrated on the L460 (which I wasn’t expecting). I’m really torn on what to order now.

Post #619687 12th Jan 2022 1:40pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

All wheel steer will transform manoeuvrability. I drive a car with AWS that’s comfortable over 5m long and it’s so easy to get around tight car parks and the like.

Post #619761 12th Jan 2022 11:38pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Kot wrote:
The LWB is really pretending to be a Limo, not practicable in the local supermarket car park with ever shrinking spaces, even worse in a multi storey car park Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Our local council has dictated , carparking spaces in all new builds and carparks must be larger, to accommodate larger cars .

I don’t see them changing the council carpark size anytime soon…. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #619854 13th Jan 2022 7:12pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Angus wrote:
I agree the LWB didn’t really work on the L405 but is much better integrated on the L460 (which I wasn’t expecting). I’m really torn on what to order now.

We never have enough room , for 2k I would go LWB , albeit a bit difficult around the carpark. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #619857 13th Jan 2022 7:13pm
Martin2

England 

With Rear Wheel Steer, manoeuvring won't be much of an issue with the LWB, just overhanging parking spaces.

You lose the Exec rear seats with the 7 seater, but if that's not an issue it does make sense and I think the residuals outweigh the slightly increased cost, not that it's much extra. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #619869 13th Jan 2022 7:51pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I try not to park mine in council car parks! Have ‘other cars’ for that purpose!

That said, I have spent a lot of time in Southmead Hospital recently and parked my LWB in their multi-storey car park and have been pleasantly impressed by the size of the parking bays… Been door dent free! 😏👍

Last edited by Cam-Tech-Craig on 14th Jan 2022 12:17am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #619871 13th Jan 2022 7:56pm

United Kingdom 

Martin2 wrote:

You lose the Exec rear seats with the 7 seater, but if that's not an issue it does make sense and I think the residuals outweigh the slightly increased cost, not that it's much extra.

Losing the Exec rear seats swings it for me. I would never use the rear seats of a seven seater so if it compromises the comfort of the second row there is no benefit for me. It will be the 7 seater that has the stronger residuals not the LWB with exec seats so I will stick with the SWB.

Post #619906 13th Jan 2022 10:56pm
RDR

United Kingdom 

I am quite interested in the LWB 7 Seater. I always wanted a L405 but the boot space wasn't big enough or the dogs. Looking at the specs this might work. I have another Disco on order (metropolitan) but may switch If I can get to see one at my dealer event.

Post #619951 14th Jan 2022 1:30pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

I’m with DDR , dogs are important… The princess demands space, more importantly the LWB may leave a bit more space for our luggage as well as the dog. Unlike DDR , she only gets the boot with the seats up.

My guess is you must loose floor space with the third row, but as an aside how do you access the third row ? Does the second row move easily to climb in ?

The Princess taking it easy before supper!

Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #620073 15th Jan 2022 5:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>