Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > LWB vs SWB
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 

United Kingdom 

I also went to a dealer event last night in Sunbury, I am guessing it might be the same one. The first preview in Mayfair I went to was staffed by JLR reps who knew their stuff. Last night it just seemed to be dealer staff there, who knew very little and seemed to be bothered even less.

The First Edition car that was there had black wood with the silver detail lines on. I asked if this was available because it didn't appear on the configurator. They said it was on the configurator, I knew it wasn't and checked later to be sure.

I also asked if you could get the wheels from an SV on an AB and they just said why not just buy an SV. I asked how much more they thought they would be and they had no idea. I said I didn't want anything else on the SV, it was just the wheels I liked. Their solution was that maybe I could sort it out myself aftermarket somehow. Rolling Eyes Anyone on top of their job would just say, we can sort that out for you at a price.

I don't know why I have not learnt by now, but I am always shocked how uninterested dealer staff are at doing business (and it's not just JLR dealers).

Post #620815 21st Jan 2022 5:03pm
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Wow that is not good. I must admit I do find JLR dealerships some of the worst I’ve experienced.

Still very superficial about looks as well. I found I get treated very very different when I am there in my T Shirt jeans and airforce ones, versus in one of my bespoke tailored suits.

My best experience was when we were buying a Jaguar iPace and I was “palmed” to a college apprentice. Yet the girl (I can say that as she was only one year older than my daughter) had more knowledge drive and willingness to get a deal working for us. But she was let down by her colleagues.

Give me click and collect anytime. Or the new brands and sales approach. Tesla and Polestar are such fantastic experiences. My wife loved it as well. And then configure and order online and the communication and app is just very good.

Saying that; once the L460 is full EV Id highly likely order it when I’m back in the Netherlands.

Post #620845 21st Jan 2022 8:19pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

5.0 wrote:
I also went to a dealer event last night in Sunbury, I am guessing it might be the same one. The first preview in Mayfair I went to was staffed by JLR reps who knew their stuff. Last night it just seemed to be dealer staff there, who knew very little and seemed to be bothered even less.

The First Edition car that was there had black wood with the silver detail lines on. I asked if this was available because it didn't appear on the configurator. They said it was on the configurator, I knew it wasn't and checked later to be sure.

I also asked if you could get the wheels from an SV on an AB and they just said why not just buy an SV. I asked how much more they thought they would be and they had no idea. I said I didn't want anything else on the SV, it was just the wheels I liked. Their solution was that maybe I could sort it out myself aftermarket somehow. Rolling Eyes Anyone on top of their job would just say, we can sort that out for you at a price.

I don't know why I have not learnt by now, but I am always shocked how uninterested dealer staff are at doing business (and it's not just JLR dealers).

The black wood is a bundled one in with the black interior. It cannot be selected with the Perlino interior and the Ecru vice versa.

Click image to enlarge

Post #620880 22nd Jan 2022 9:00am

United Kingdom 

I know you can get black wood. It’s the black wood with the inlay that is not on the configurator.

Post #620922 22nd Jan 2022 12:45pm
Autobiography

It refers to the inlay and First Edition script on the description?

Post #621001 22nd Jan 2022 9:21pm

United Kingdom 

I see the issue now. It’s not available on AB, only First Edition.

Post #621010 22nd Jan 2022 11:07pm
Autobiography

Did it look nice? Don’t suppose you got any pics ?

Post #621036 23rd Jan 2022 8:48am

United Kingdom 

Sorry no pictures. But yes I liked it and I would have chosen it if it had been available for AB. A bit silly it’s not when all the other combinations are. Maybe it’s just an error on the configurator. I will check again before my spec locks ahead of build to see if it’s available then.

Post #621071 23rd Jan 2022 11:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123