Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Ordering a phev 510
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

The Norwegian configurator has the "Electrical cabin pre-condition" as standard on the P510e:

but the UK configurator list this as an option for the P510e:

So seem to be market dependent if this is an option or a standard equipment

Post #622673 6th Feb 2022 9:37am
7 CDB

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Loire Blue

aja500 wrote:
7 CDB wrote:
Do you not understand BIK ?

It was a joke....... I do, but I don't need it

Are you Harry Enfield šŸ˜‚

Post #622692 6th Feb 2022 11:16am
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

Sorry 7 CDB, I didn't mean to offend.

I'm actually going to eat my words on this one.......

Having initially been completely disinterested in the PHEV variant, I'm actually getting a bit tired of stopping at petrol stations following the arrival of my new L405 5.0 SC back in December. So I'm now considering switching my L460 P530 order to a P440e PHEV (I don't believe the PHEV 510 is going to be made available for LWB models, having read an article in AutoExpress earlier).

AutoExpress claim the following:

"The P510e plug-in hybrid will be available as part of this line-up in the short-wheelbase body length only".

Do others understand that to be the case?

Also, my other question is, does anyone know what the typical MPG is likely to be from this 3.0 engine when working solely on petrol once out of battery power?

The MPG's look a bit skewed on the Land Rover website, as it seems to give a figure which is based solely on electric / battery power 9something like 317mpg!!

Post #623444 12th Feb 2022 3:57pm

United Kingdom 

I donā€™t know what sort of driving you do aja500 or how you drive but the LWB PHEV is a really heavy car. If you are out of battery, once over 50 miles, you are going to be hauling a lot of weight with only 300hp. This will obviously be worse if the car is loaded up. Given that you are coming from a 5.0 SC in a lighter car, you may find the vehicle somewhat lacking in power. You may want to have a good long test drive of a PHEV before making the choice. Maybe get the p530, as it will probably come sooner, and when the dealer gets a PHEV borrow it for a day. If you like it order one then. As others are suggesting, you may be able to turn the p530 around with fairly low depreciation. I too have been pondering this but with a SWB p510. However, I think it makes more sense for me to just have the V8 and switch to the BEV when it comes out.

Post #623452 12th Feb 2022 5:29pm
Freddy Bear

United Kingdom 

aja500 yes, I understand that the P510e is SWB only.

I don't know the MPG from the 3.0 six cylinder in this guise but perhaps an L405 P400 would give an idea?

5.0 makes a good point about the power available when the battery is depleted (accepting some replenishment from braking etc). A good test drive will help us all!

Post #623458 12th Feb 2022 6:07pm
cxdood

United States 2016 Range Rover HSE 3.0 SC V6 Santorini Black

Quote:
I donā€™t know what sort of driving you do aja500 or how you drive but the LWB PHEV is a really heavy car. If you are out of battery, once over 50 miles, you are going to be hauling a lot of weight with only 300hp

Is that really a worry? PHEV cars usually offer a "save" mode where you don't deplete the battery or even add to it. Also hybrid modes that discharge the battery slowly. So if you are going on a really long trip and you think that 300hp is not enough, consider not using the pure EV mode for those trips.[/quote] L405 2016 - Supercharged V6 petrol 380hp

Post #623486 12th Feb 2022 10:41pm

United Kingdom 

Itā€™s not about depleting the battery through using EV mode. It depletes quite quickly in hybrid mode, as far as I understand from people who have one. So on a long journeys you will be out of battery during the journey.

Post #623506 13th Feb 2022 8:34am
aja500

Thank you 5.0, Freddy and cxdood for sharing your thoughts and some good points made.

Virtually all journeys in this car will be over 100's, if not 1,000's of miles, with trips largely consisting of East Sussex to Yorkshire, or East Sussex to Italy. So the range of electric power will have little benefit, at least until we get to our destination. So yes, I guess the car will be carrying a lot of unnecessary weight.

It's a tricky one really..... I appreciate that the power will be down on my current 5.0 SC, but then I will have the dogs in this next car a lot of the time, so I usually try to drive slower with them onboard.

If I'm honest, another issue I'm finding with the 5.0 SC, is that you soon find yourself travelling very, very quickly!!

I recently checked one of my journeys on the InControl Portal - Over 231.7 miles, it took me exactly 3.31 minutes and gave me an average speed of 66.2mph. While that may not sound particularly quick, it wasn't all motorway and there was a good 20-30 miles of 50mph roadworks on the M1 also. So I'm also worried that this addictive level of power in the P525 and P530 might soon get me into trouble.

Furthermore, 7 CDB actually prompted me to look more closely at the BIK. I have two options, either I pay out Ā£140k cash for a P530 AB LWB as currently spec'd (which I will have to pay an awful lot of tax on to draw as dividend), or instead my company pays for the P400e outright at Ā£131k spec'd. With the latter, I believe I will pay, I think Ā£3.5k - Ā£4k per year BIK (if I'm reading the CC Tax Calculator right), and my company takes the hit and reduces its annual tax bill.

So, to be fair to 7 CDB, this saving really is quite significant and one I shouldn't ignore.

Interesting point about the P530 coming sooner - Do you think the P400 PHEV will take longer still?

I'm already being told that the P530 is likely to now be a 23MY, with delivery being towards the end of this year?

Another question with the P400 PHEV, is on the last L405 model, it seems that the batteries raised the loadspace floor, reducing loadspace height, and therefore headroom for the dogs - However, loadspace height on the new L460 is showing in Technical Specification as 846mm in the P400e, and 845.8mm in the P530 - So actually now there appears to be a fifth of a mm more height in the P400e, unless I'm reading it wrong?

Has this raised floor issue been corrected in the L460?

Post #623507 13th Feb 2022 8:59am

United Kingdom 

The batteries are under the cabin floor in the L460, not the boot, so the load space is not compromised.

The BIC tax benefits of having a PHEV are significant. Thatā€™s arguably the main reason they have become popular.

Aja500. Maybe you should get your dealer to lend you a L405 hybrid or Sport hybrid so you can get a feeling for whether the setup works for you. If you like these , the L460 will only be better. Hybrid L405s seem to bring out poles of opinion from owners. I know people who love them and others who hate them. Mainly town drivers seem to like them and the people who use them much more and like to press on say they would not have another. This is why I would need to have a good long test of one before I could be sure it was a good choice for me.

Post #623510 13th Feb 2022 9:32am
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Quote:
Has this raised floor issue been corrected in the L460?

Yes, the batteries in the L460 are under the seats and floor. The only consequence the batteries have is a lover riding height, and not being able to have a full size spare (+ the extra weight of course)

Post #623512 13th Feb 2022 9:39am
aja500

Thanks for the info 5.0, that's good to know about the batteries.

Yes, I think you're right - I'll see if I can get my supplying dealer to lend me one for a day Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #623513 13th Feb 2022 9:40am
aja500

Thank you for the illustration Eirik34, that's really useful to see Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #623515 13th Feb 2022 9:41am
7 CDB

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Loire Blue

aja500 wrote:
Sorry 7 CDB, I didn't mean to offend.

I'm actually going to eat my words on this one.......

Having initially been completely disinterested in the PHEV variant, I'm actually getting a bit tired of stopping at petrol stations following the arrival of my new L405 5.0 SC back in December. So I'm now considering switching my L460 P530 order to a P440e PHEV (I don't believe the PHEV 510 is going to be made available for LWB models, having read an article in AutoExpress earlier).

AutoExpress claim the following:

"The P510e plug-in hybrid will be available as part of this line-up in the short-wheelbase body length only".

Do others understand that to be the case?

Also, my other question is, does anyone know what the typical MPG is likely to be from this 3.0 engine when working solely on petrol once out of battery power?

The MPG's look a bit skewed on the Land Rover website, as it seems to give a figure which is based solely on electric / battery power 9something like 317mpg!!

No worries my friend - I was only pulling your leg šŸ‘

I was speaking to another gent at the launch and he was adamant about having the last decent V8 in the Range Rover
Until you look at the tax issue of a V8 petrol compared to the PHEV 440 or 510
To be fair anyone of us who are looking at Ā£130k cars have got in this position not by chance, but by being a bit more astute with our business dealings.

For some context our last L405 was a TdV6 with about 300bhp and it was more than adequate for day to day driving
Our first look into full electric was with a Merc GLE - poor effort and quickly got changed for a Porsche Taycan CT
0-60 in around 4 secs with about 575bhp in a Porsche engineered car is quite something
But full electric range is around 200miles and a pain in the arse when going anywhere of any distance.

Never really took to the L405 PHEV as canā€™t really get my head around a 2.0 4cyl in a Range Rover
The new one will be a nice 6cyl from BMW. So ultimately wife can do the school run, stables and pottering on pure electric and when needed the full Range Rover experience šŸ‘

Todays full electric cars just donā€™t have the range required, they will in time. Hopefully the full electric RR will have a proper range Thumbs Up

Post #623547 13th Feb 2022 12:41pm

United Kingdom 

Unfortunately it is not a nice 6 cylinder from BMW. Itā€™s a home grown JLR Ingenium 6 that has be given the hybrid treatment. Regardless of how good this unit may or may not prove to be in time, I would not personally choose to beta test it for JLR in a brand new platform. Itā€™s got hard shoulder of the motorway waiting for a flatbed written all over it.

Post #623554 13th Feb 2022 1:18pm
aja500

Thanks 7 CDB......

Yes, I did some maths over the last couple of days, and you are absolutely right, the saving is significant. You also make a very good point about the new 6 cylinder engine.

Plus, the other thing that dawned on me this morning, is that there's also circa Ā£22k vat that can be recovered from that!! Vat which I obviously cannot get back as a private buyer.

So it's a win, win - Thank you for making me look at this properly 7 CDB Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #623555 13th Feb 2022 1:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 6 <123456>