4%
 4%  [7]
Total Votes: 146

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 24 of 26 <123 ... 23 242526>
Print this entire topic · 
BigFiat

United Kingdom 

Many thanks for the kind comments both. Obviously specifications are deeply personal, but in our view the newer latest and greatest colours just didn’t wow us, and whilst carpathian is an established colour, it is a classy look, but be warned it takes on many different hues depending on the light.

Ref the wheels, our dealer said this was their first viewing of them and now their preferred choice. Virtually every order for 23’s they had taken were for gloss black 1075’s.

We are all different and the world would be a dull place if we all coalesced around the same thing, but hopefully my posting has given someone a little new insight

BigFiat

Post #639673 15th Aug 2022 11:41am
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

Me too EdJ.

It's funny, there's been an awful lot of fuss about the rear lights on the L460 being black, as if it was somehow a positive, however, more often than not, when I see photos or videos of this car being showcased (and in LR showrooms) they always seem to have the rear lights illuminated, thereby showing some red colour.

It's almost as if the red of the light is preferable to the jet black lens!

Personally, I'm not a fan. It all just looks a bit too dark at the rear, unless of course you have the lights switched on.

Post #639674 15th Aug 2022 11:45am
LeunamRR

Portugal 

aja500 wrote:
BigFiat wrote:
I haven’t seen on mine as yet, but i did follow one about a month ago in the daytime and it appears the rear lights are off in normal use (obviously except when breaking)

Thanks for confirming Big Fiat - The car looks beautiful by the way. I haven't seen many Carpathian's, and those wheels are the best in my opinion. Shame I can't get 23's on my PHEV, 22's are unfortunately the maximum.

Thanks aja500 and BigFiat for bringing up this subject again. 😊 Proud owner of a P440e SE, Belgravia Green

Post #639675 15th Aug 2022 11:50am
aja500

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #639677 15th Aug 2022 12:05pm
BigFiat

United Kingdom 

LeunamRR wrote:
aja500 wrote:
BigFiat wrote:
I haven’t seen on mine as yet, but i did follow one about a month ago in the daytime and it appears the rear lights are off in normal use (obviously except when breaking)

Thanks for confirming Big Fiat - The car looks beautiful by the way. I haven't seen many Carpathian's, and those wheels are the best in my opinion. Shame I can't get 23's on my PHEV, 22's are unfortunately the maximum.

Thanks aja500 and BigFiat for bringing up this subject again. 😊

You’re welcome..so solutions are put your lights on or sit inside and forget that people can’t see the beautiful lights from behind you?

Post #639728 15th Aug 2022 6:17pm
Freddy Bear

United Kingdom 

Great to see progress with some folk getting their cars. Congratulations BigFiat!

Had a quick tour of local dealers to see if I can find 'the spec'. Feel a bit closer - perhaps these snaps will help you too. Assuming iCloud photos stay in the order they are on my screen the cars are:

SWB Santorini over deep garnet
SWB Eiger grey
SWB Batumi Gold over perlino
LWB Portofino blue over perlino
SWB Belgravia green over caraway
LWB White over perlino
SWB Santorini over perlino
LWB Portofino blue over black
LWB Santorini over caraway (black wheels)
LWB Santorini over caraway (silver wheels)

Here is the link: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0iGFssfGG8enIY

Post #639745 15th Aug 2022 9:46pm
aja500

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share these photos Freddy Bear, it's great to view them in that icloud album format also.

Like you Freddy Bear, I'm still undecided with regards to colour on the P440e LWB I've ordered.

Belgravia Green (which I currently have spec'd) I've decided is too grey and dull.
Hakuba I've thought about and is possibly still in the running, but it's a bit flat don't you think? - Preferred the old Indus Silver.
Portifino, I like, but for me it doesn't contrast well with the dark black of the compulsory privacy glass on the P440e LWB (although I have spec'd Portifino with clear glass and Perlino on my P510e order, which I think contrasts well and looks very elegant - See photo example below).

So, I could go back to Batumi, which was my first choice for the P440e, but I'm not convinced.

Big Fiat's Carpathian looks nice, but I'm not sure it will look as good without the 23's, and I really prefer dark colours with clear glass and a light interior.

So I'm still going round in circles!

What have you narrowed it down to now Freddy Bear?

Post #639762 16th Aug 2022 7:12am
aja500

Eirik34 wrote:
Thanks BigFiat, looks good IMO, think I'll keep my current spec (Carpathian, AB exterior pack (Atlas), Perlino & clear glass). Our P510e will be delivered with the 22" Diamond 1073 wheels, but we want to try to get a set of 23" 1075 wheels for the summer tires.

I think that sounds like a lovely spec Eirik Thumbs Up - Regarding 23's on the P510e, do you think that'll work OK?

I wanted to do the same but was told the following by the dealership:

"I spoke to our Workshop Controller to get an understanding of the alloys and he said that if you put the 23" Alloys on it could cause electrical problems with the car. He said that the roll resistance is different so the car will pick it up and could create electrical faults"

I'm not sure whether or not this is true, or if they're just saying this because the roll resistance of 22's are somehow a contributory factor regarding JLR's PHEV related data.

Post #639771 16th Aug 2022 8:50am
AndyS

United Kingdom 

aja500 wrote:
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share these photos Freddy Bear, it's great to view them in that icloud album format also.

Like you Freddy Bear, I'm still undecided with regards to colour on the P440e LWB I've ordered.

Belgravia Green (which I currently have spec'd) I've decided is too grey and dull.
Hakuba I've thought about and is possibly still in the running, but it's a bit flat don't you think? - Preferred the old Indus Silver.
Portifino, I like, but for me it doesn't contrast well with the dark black of the compulsory privacy glass on the P440e LWB (although I have spec'd Portifino with clear glass and Perlino on my P510e order, which I think contrasts well and looks very elegant - See photo example below).

So, I could go back to Batumi, which was my first choice for the P440e, but I'm not convinced.

Big Fiat's Carpathian looks nice, but I'm not sure it will look as good without the 23's, and I really prefer dark colours with clear glass and a light interior.

So I'm still going round in circles!

What have you narrowed it down to now Freddy Bear?

Portofino looks lovely especially with the clear glass contrast, maybe a consideration for my next one.

Post #639776 16th Aug 2022 9:50am
Freddy Bear

United Kingdom 

My pleasure aja500.

I haven't seen Hakuba yet. It does look good in that Italian courtyard video that was shared a while back, but most colours look good in warm Italian evening light! One to see in the metal before ordering I think.

Decided yesterday to change from SWB P510e to LWB P440e as I like the extra space and don't have parking restrictions. My dealer tells me it won't impact when I get my car (I am in the pool).

I am settled on caraway for the interior. I have had two black interiors on the trot, and the perlino I find quite bright when sitting in the car in sunlight. Deep garnet looks good but a touch purple for me.

I have now ruled out a number of external colours - which isn't to say they don't look good - just for personal reasons on a car I want to keep for a while I don't think they are quite right. So it won't be Portofino Blue (I had a Loire Blue RR for four years), Batumi (it does show off the new design well but looks quite gold in the sun), white, Charente Grey, Carpathian Grey or Eiger Grey.

My shortlist is Belgravia Green with silver atlas and wheels, or black, either with silver atlas and wheels or shadow pack and black wheels.

I have seen all three options yesterday and they all looked good, albeit quite different. But at least my choice is narrowing! Which of those three would you go for?

Last edited by Freddy Bear on 16th Aug 2022 5:43pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #639791 16th Aug 2022 11:54am
Gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 

Freddy Bear wrote:
Great to see progress with some folk getting their cars. Congratulations BigFiat!

Had a quick tour of local dealers to see if I can find 'the spec'. Feel a bit closer - perhaps these snaps will help you too. Assuming iCloud photos stay in the order they are on my screen the cars are:

SWB Santorini over deep garnet
SWB Eiger grey
SWB Batumi Gold over perlino
LWB Portofino blue over perlino
SWB Belgravia green over caraway
LWB White over perlino
SWB Santorini over perlino
LWB Portofino blue over black
LWB Santorini over caraway (black wheels)
LWB Santorini over caraway (silver wheels)

Here is the link: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0iGFssfGG8enIY

Many thanks for sharing - especially the deep garnet interior which I have ordered RRS MY16, 3.0D HSE Dynamic, Barola Black, TV, Rear Entertainment, Opening Pan Roof, Meridian
MY21 M5 Competition
1989 Mercedes 190-2.5 Cosworth
RRS P440PHEV on order
Taycan Cross Turismo CT4 on order
1995 Mercedes SL500

Post #639797 16th Aug 2022 12:14pm
Freddy Bear

United Kingdom 

My pleasure Gtr_skyline.

If you wanted to eyeball the deep garnet interior that car is at Land Rover Northampton, in a display bay around the right hand side of the showroom. What exterior colour did you choose?

Post #639798 16th Aug 2022 12:17pm
aja500

Glad you like the Portofino AndyS Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Freddy Bear, you're in a very similar place to me with the P440e LWB, I'm also now considering black with silver wheels and silver accents.

I keep going round in circles with my current spec which is Belgravia. I see some pictures looking almost a dull grey colour and I think "oh no", then I look back at the outdoor Belgravia images you posted on page 16 of this thread, and I love it. I've also spec'd exactly the same as those photos on page 16, same silver wheels and silver autobiography pack.

Whether I go green or black paint on the P440e LWB, I think I'll stick with Caraway leather on both counts. I've noticed a lot of tan leather with black recently on various marques while travelling through Europe. Seems very popular there and does look good I have to say.

Post #639802 16th Aug 2022 12:39pm
Freddy Bear

United Kingdom 

Aja500 if you have time then Land Rover Northampton have the Belgravia Green over caraway car in their showroom. It does look good! But it really doesn't photograph well - and even through the window I thought it was grey. Worth a trip though and may help you decide one way or another.

I completely know what you mean about black over tan - I saw that combo in Italy on holiday years ago and have always remembered it. Very classy.

Post #639809 16th Aug 2022 1:05pm
aja500

Thanks Freddy, I'd love too but I'm in East Sussex, so Northampton is a bit of a trek.

You say it looked grey from outside the showroom, looking through the window, does that not put you off a bit?

It looks green in your photos on page 16 - Would you say it's more grey than green?

Also, do you think the silver accents will lift the green colour more than the nickel ones do?

Post #639810 16th Aug 2022 1:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 24 of 26 <123 ... 23 242526>