4%  [7]
Total Votes: 146

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 25 of 26 <123 ... 242526>
Print this entire topic · 
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

aja500 wrote:
Regarding 23's on the P510e, do you think that'll work OK?

I wanted to do the same but was told the following by the dealership:

"I spoke to our Workshop Controller to get an understanding of the alloys and he said that if you put the 23" Alloys on it could cause electrical problems with the car. He said that the roll resistance is different so the car will pick it up and could create electrical faults"

I'm not sure whether or not this is true, or if they're just saying this because the roll resistance of 22's are somehow a contributory factor regarding JLR's PHEV related data.

Personally, I don't think roll resistance is an issue here. If the "No 23inch wheels for the PHEV's" issue was related to rolling resistance, what then for all customers in the Nordic region who are using (studded or non-studded) Nordic winter tires during the Winter season? Those have a LOT more rolling resistance than summer tires. This 23" wheel issue seems to be related to the too low 111Y load rating for the 285/40-23 tires, I think. When/if Pirelli (or someone else) starts producing 285/40-23 tires with 114Y ratings (like the 22" has), there shouldn't be any issues.

Post #639818 16th Aug 2022 1:39pm
Freddy Bear

United Kingdom 

When I get my PHEV I will put 23 inch wheels on it so will let you know how I get on. If you never hear from me again then you know the answer was 'not well' but I think it will be fine!

Aja500 I think the thing that puts me off the green is that to a large extent we are reliant on press / social images and videos to inform us. The green doesn't photograph well so yes, in the dealer it looked good but then every image I find online doesn't fill me with desire. And that makes me worry about the potential to regret the choice.

Conversely although the all black exterior was never really my cup of tea, every picture I see of a black car I think looks great - and this video especially. I sat in a car of this exact spec yesterday and it felt special; more so than when I sat in the green car.

To answer your question yes I think the silver accents will lift it, but to be honest it did look good even with the nickel in the showroom.

Post #639831 16th Aug 2022 3:10pm
Gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 

Gtr_skyline wrote:
Freddy Bear wrote:
Great to see progress with some folk getting their cars. Congratulations BigFiat!

Had a quick tour of local dealers to see if I can find 'the spec'. Feel a bit closer - perhaps these snaps will help you too. Assuming iCloud photos stay in the order they are on my screen the cars are:

SWB Santorini over deep garnet
SWB Eiger grey
SWB Batumi Gold over perlino
LWB Portofino blue over perlino
SWB Belgravia green over caraway
LWB White over perlino
SWB Santorini over perlino
LWB Portofino blue over black
LWB Santorini over caraway (black wheels)
LWB Santorini over caraway (silver wheels)

Here is the link: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0iGFssfGG8enIY

Many thanks for sharing - especially the deep garnet interior which I have ordered

Thanks - sadly down Hertfordshire way, so a bit of a trek - I have 12 to 18 months to fingers crossed I can see something in the flesh near me before finalising the order - Portofino is the current colour on the order form but I'm swaying towards Carparthian or Charente (latter I saw at Beadles Watford - liked the contrast with the black gloss trim on the bumpers ; side skirts). RRS MY16, 3.0D HSE Dynamic, Barola Black, TV, Rear Entertainment, Opening Pan Roof, Meridian
MY21 M5 Competition
1989 Mercedes 190-2.5 Cosworth
RRS P440PHEV on order
Taycan Cross Turismo CT4 on order
1995 Mercedes SL500

Post #639842 16th Aug 2022 4:21pm
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

Freddy Bear wrote:
When I get my PHEV I will put 23 inch wheels on it so will let you know how I get on. If you never hear from me again then you know the answer was 'not well' but I think it will be fine!

Aja500 I think the thing that puts me off the green is that to a large extent we are reliant on press / social images and videos to inform us. The green doesn't photograph well so yes, in the dealer it looked good but then every image I find online doesn't fill me with desire. And that makes me worry about the potential to regret the choice.

Conversely although the all black exterior was never really my cup of tea, every picture I see of a black car I think looks great - and this video especially. I sat in a car of this exact spec yesterday and it felt special; more so than when I sat in the green car.

To answer your question yes I think the silver accents will lift it, but to be honest it did look good even with the nickel in the showroom.

Thanks Freddy Bear - I think you've answered my question...... The greens going to have to go, especially as one of the two cars I've ordered will be sold on at some point and black will never have trouble selling.

Please do let me know me know how you get on with the 23's Freddy - Eirik also, if you get your car first. If the 23's do work, i'll definitely be in line to get a set asap.

Post #639861 16th Aug 2022 6:44pm
Eisbärhöhle

Germany 

BigFiat wrote:

Marginally better photo from yesterday. Some observations

1. The shadow pack in the shade looks almost identical to carpathian, but now having seen it in various lights Atlas it is and is very close to Carpathian. Was a bit worried the overall effect was a bit “off” to start with, but have concluded it’s good.

…….

@BigFiat …. may I ask for much more pictures - thank you.

My P510 will look very close to yours … except I’ll get the 22“ black wheels … 1Q/2023

Post #639886 16th Aug 2022 10:21pm
BigFiat

United Kingdom 

Eisbärhöhle, apologies it’s a wet dull day, but here are 2 more if that helps?
Best, BigFiat

Post #639956 17th Aug 2022 5:01pm
BigFiat

United Kingdom 

aja500 wrote:
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share these photos Freddy Bear, it's great to view them in that icloud album format also.

Like you Freddy Bear, I'm still undecided with regards to colour on the P440e LWB I've ordered.

Belgravia Green (which I currently have spec'd) I've decided is too grey and dull.
Hakuba I've thought about and is possibly still in the running, but it's a bit flat don't you think? - Preferred the old Indus Silver.
Portifino, I like, but for me it doesn't contrast well with the dark black of the compulsory privacy glass on the P440e LWB (although I have spec'd Portifino with clear glass and Perlino on my P510e order, which I think contrasts well and looks very elegant - See photo example below).

I have to say the portofino and perlino with clear glass looks amazing; my only concern with the clear glass has always been the slightly “porthole” look of the c pillar window look, but overall think it is very classy

BigFiat

So, I could go back to Batumi, which was my first choice for the P440e, but I'm not convinced.

Big Fiat's Carpathian looks nice, but I'm not sure it will look as good without the 23's, and I really prefer dark colours with clear glass and a light interior.

So I'm still going round in circles!

What have you narrowed it down to now Freddy Bear?

Post #639960 17th Aug 2022 5:20pm
Eisbärhöhle

Germany 

BigFiat wrote:

Best, BigFiat

A picture from the shadow black side blades would be nice … is it really the same color as Carpathian … I hoped for a slight difference for better contrast 😅

Post #639967 17th Aug 2022 6:33pm
BigFiat

United Kingdom 

In most situations it looks like carpathian and blends in. It sounds like that’s not for you. On the side of the car in most lights it looks carpathian. But from the front, where you can see the shadow pack at a more oblique angle to the sun it is obviously different.

Not sure i can do much more to help you. Try some local garages with carpathian. At the end of the day, i really wouldn’t feel comfortable advising on such a personal choice….we love it! Hope i have have helped a little

BigFiat

Post #639970 17th Aug 2022 6:40pm
BigFiat

United Kingdom 

Eisbärhöhle wrote:
BigFiat wrote:

Best, BigFiat

A picture from the shadow black side blades would be nice … is it really the same color as Carpathian … I hoped for a slight difference for better contrast 😅

Best i can do

Post #639973 17th Aug 2022 6:50pm
BigFiat

United Kingdom 

Maybe this this helps? Forgive me, seeing it in person is way better than pictures. I’m running out of pictures now

Post #639974 17th Aug 2022 7:00pm
BigFiat

United Kingdom 

I really sense this is not for you!

To everyone else, I apologise for the rabbit hole i have been taken down

BigFiat

Post #639975 17th Aug 2022 7:02pm
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

Think you've done all you can there Big Fiat - Thought a request for test drive was coming next!

Post #639976 17th Aug 2022 7:23pm
BigFiat

United Kingdom 

Very Happy I was trying my best to be helpful, even to the extent of having it cleaned especially because this forum has been very kind and informative. I genuinely think i cant proffer any further advice. Trust me no one else is driving it….

Post #639977 17th Aug 2022 7:28pm
Eisbärhöhle

Germany 

BigFiat wrote:

Maybe this this helps? Forgive me, seeing it in person is way better than pictures. I’m running out of pictures now

Thank you @BigFiat … I’ll foil-coat at least these side blades to black .. really sad that there isn‘t a black pack anymore.

Post #640224 19th Aug 2022 7:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 25 of 26 <123 ... 242526>