Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > 08MY L322, unexpected behaviours
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Phoenix

United Kingdom 
08MY L322, unexpected behaviours

It's been a while since I've used a L322 for more than a few minutes and TBH I can't remember if this is normal...

Speed locking is on, doors don't unlock when key removed.

Instrument pack display text area is blank (except for mileage and gear position) when driving, pushing the end of the indicator stalk has no effect when the vehicle is moving, expected behaviour only happens when vehicle is stationary.

There are no relevant DTC's stored in IPK or BCM, all operational tests are OK.

Post #633641 3rd Jun 2022 7:53pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

From memory, this was the era when JLR stopped you using things like nav whilst moving so it sounds normal sir... Thumbs Up

Post #633656 4th Jun 2022 12:07am
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

I know what you mean, however, L319/L320 of the same vintage don't have that restriction (although different tech.) It has the Nav. 'update' allowing partial input on the move, I've been through the customer / BCM options and 'unlock on key out' isn't one of them.

Post #633662 4th Jun 2022 7:22am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Yes the unlock on key out is not supported on pre 09MY facelift cars sir…

Post #633672 4th Jun 2022 10:37am
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

Thanks for that, time to look for a workaround....

Post #633673 4th Jun 2022 10:48am
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

Well I had cause to disconnect the starter battery, after reconnect, the instrument pack info display and indicator stalk button now work as expected with the vehicle moving - strange.

I've got the mirrors to fold in on lock, out on unlock, pretty similar to the fix on L319/L320 - for the moment it's an imperfect solution as it's incompatible with speed locking. I have an improved solution once I can work out a way of getting an AUX switched supply into the drivers door, once I get time I'll see if I can find some compatible connector pins from my box of bits - all the electrical library says is 'connector is not serviceable'.
I've also got a plan for unlocking on key off (didn't have time to probe the vagaries of the key detection module) which is -to me- an acceptable alternative to unlocking on key out, again, the solution is pretty simple and just requires a changeover relay, IGN feed and an astable timer.

Post #633751 5th Jun 2022 5:58pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

Well I now have the mirrors folding on lock / unfolding on unlock and 'do nothing' on speed locking working, I would have got the 'unlock on ign. off' working but let down by Royal Mail (not unusual TBH).
As you may be aware, the mirror motors are controlled by a P-Bus so you can't do the simple 'relay triggered by the fuel filler latch' from the BCM connector method like the L319/L320, they still have an analogue switch in the drivers door switch pack which can be simulated with a conventional relay, triggered by the superlock motor supply, due to back EMF through the motor, there needs to be an inhibit, a simple changeover relay with the coil energised when the AUX key position is active works, there are plenty of spare cavities in the door harness connector and the pins & sockets are standard 'German' ones so getting the AUX supply into the door was easy enough.

Post #634345 11th Jun 2022 3:34pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

For anyone casually following this, I now have 'unlock on ignition off' working, turned out to be more than just a relay and a couple of diodes required....
I took the batt +ve & the IGN +ve from the redundant transport switch in the drivers footwell and ran a pair of wires to the central locking switch between the vents where I picked up a ground connection and of course connected to the CDL trigger.
Here's the circuit which gives ~500mS on ignition off, but importantly, not ignition on.

Post #635015 19th Jun 2022 6:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1