Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > My 460
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

They’ve tried to copy the Bentayga steering wheel and failed. Agree, the design of the RR steering wheel is out of place. MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #651669 26th Dec 2022 3:17pm
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

It's a design problem brought about by the new generation of much smaller airbags; designers had gotten used to a certain amount of necessary real-estate on the wheel and now that's no longer needed and they are struggling to adapt. The new designs generally across manufacturers are slimmer but caught between momo style classics of pre-airbag days and high functioning, switchgear laden functionality. I think the Porsche wheels are pretty good. Bentley too, yes.
. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #651672 26th Dec 2022 3:26pm
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

The Porsche wheel is exquisite and that is part of the problem I am suffering from. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #651677 26th Dec 2022 5:14pm
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Dixy it might be worth asking Cam-Tech-Craig
I think he fitted a Velar wheel to his 405 and it looked really good

. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #651687 26th Dec 2022 8:13pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

The Bentayga steering wheel can also be found in an Audi A1…

Post #651782 28th Dec 2022 10:35am
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

The “Bentley” veneer is nearly transparent.

Post #651835 28th Dec 2022 7:04pm
Dixy

Click image to enlarge

For all of you that miss the sunglass case on the 322 I present the unintended replacement. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #652077 30th Dec 2022 4:44pm
Dixy

Having done two thousand miles in the last fortnight I am beginning to know this car.
Driving it with a heavy right foot it demonstrated that no one needs an engine bigger than the D350, at one of the peage toll booth drag races it broke traction at 30 kph. It says it achieved 33 mpg, tank test proved the lie but still an acceptable 30 mpg.
Yesterday Zurs to Salisbury, minimal stops and the seats are just fantastic. The car is so quiet that the wind noise is the loudest thing.
2 glitches, as we left Pivipro started to play up, only the top two thirds showed anything, could not de activate winter wiper parking and the dash board map was showing 100 meters to the nearside of the car in the centre and the car under the tacho.
At the first stop it would only show a black and white map of the world and no entertainment. At the second stop I screwed up all my courage and pressed the reset to factory, that worked but of course wiped all other settings.

But still my big gripe is the F*************ing steering wheel, by the time we got to Calais my hands hurt, imagine walking all day with your socks rucked up in new shoes. The adaptive cruise only reacts to a vehicle immediately in front ignoring that you have already started to change lanes or that there are break lights 3 cars in front. The toggle for set/accelerate/decelerate is tricky to rock and all buttons are too far down on the wheel, they are at below 4 O'clock and your hand is at 2.

I think it is a car worthy of the Range Rover badge and CSK would have approved but I am sure that some of the style over substance would have him turning in his grave. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #652080 30th Dec 2022 5:11pm
Andy S

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Aintree Green

Interesting feedback, thanks Dixy.

When I collected my car current from its last service, I was ‘encouraged’ by the service receptionist to take a look at the 460 in the showroom ‘whilst we sort out your invoice’…. I had a look and rather liked the fit and finish, especially as the colour scheme was close to my current car, which is Aintree Green with Almond leather. I sat in it and looked about, all very smart except that steering wheel. I hadn’t liked it in pictures I’d seen, but seeing it the flesh just increased my dislike. It didn’t feel nice, and that was in a static car. Needless to say the watching salesman glided over and asked me what I thought; I asked how much that car was and he said ‘£127k, but we can do you a great px on your current car’. I said no thanks, i couldn’t spend that much on something where I would have to look at that abomination of a steering wheel each time I drove the car. He said I wasn’t the first customer to say as much……..

Post #652098 30th Dec 2022 8:01pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

I’ve found Pivi to be much more stable in the L460 vs the Defender.

Agree the ACC is really disappointing compared to the likes of Audi which actually reads the lane you’re moving into once indicating that way rather than the one you’re in! For the price point it really isn’t acceptable.

Whilst I agree the D350 is a good engine, spending time in a P530 will make you want something else trust me!

Post #652120 30th Dec 2022 10:03pm
Dixy

The 530 is still on order, will speak to the dealer at the beginning of January to find out when it is slotted and ask what can be done about the steering wheel. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #652137 31st Dec 2022 7:39am
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Reading these posts, setting out the "glitches" on this new L460 I am now really pleased I didn't order one at the launch.

When I bought the new 2018 facelift I had endless problems with the infotainment (took nearly 2 years for LR to fix) and I swore I'd never buy a new car from launch again.

Seems I did the right thing. It's not that they are major glitches, and I'm sure the car is superb, BUT it's just that in a car well over £100k they are not acceptable and are a continuous frustration as Dixy can attest to. Having malfunctioning Infotainment is more than frustrating as we all rely so much on it Big Cry Why does my wife's Golf, which is now 3 years old, all work (and always has done) perfectly at £25k??? All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #652156 31st Dec 2022 11:52am
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

Good point Chalky, and this is the only small positive in my waiting now 15 months since having paid a £5k deposit for an L460! (albeit a very small consolation!)

I took delivery of my L405, 5.0 SC AB LWB on the 2nd of December 2021 and I've just completed 18,000 miles in 12 months without a single glitch. The reason I guess, is that JLR now know the engine and the tech on this model inside and out. It's tried and tested and I suspect pretty much all faults are known.

Going back to the steering wheel, I had an L460 on loan a couple of weeks ago, while my car was being serviced. To be honest, it's not the look of the steering wheel that bothered me particularly, just that I had to keep moving my hands around, as I couldn't get a comfortable hold on the wheel. It was really irritating and actually quite uncomfortable.

Other than that, I thought it was a fantastic car, with the only other issue being the wind noise from the door mirrors. Very noisy at 70mph+, clearly a design fault. My 5.0 SC is equally as quiet at the same speed, and on the return trip, there was no wind noise whatsoever from the mirrors. I suspect with time, these will be updated.

Post #652158 31st Dec 2022 12:13pm
Crocs

Scotland 

Chalky wrote:
Reading these posts, setting out the "glitches" on this new L460 I am now really pleased I didn't order one at the launch.

When I bought the new 2018 facelift I had endless problems with the infotainment (took nearly 2 years for LR to fix) and I swore I'd never buy a new car from launch again.

Seems I did the right thing. It's not that they are major glitches, and I'm sure the car is superb, BUT it's just that in a car well over £100k they are not acceptable and are a continuous frustration as Dixy can attest to. Having malfunctioning Infotainment is more than frustrating as we all rely so much on it Big Cry Why does my wife's Golf, which is now 3 years old, all work (and always has done) perfectly at £25k???

That, of course, is the weakness (and strength) of forums. Perceived issues are highlighted/magnified but, in fact, are experienced by only a small percentage. You never hear of the thousands that are faultless.

Post #652164 31st Dec 2022 12:37pm
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

It's a definite strength Crocs Thumbs Up

The best thing about this forum, is being able to share FF information and experiences, both good and bad.

Issues are to be expected on any new car. Sharing problems, and as time goes by, the known solutions is what helps everyone and makes the forum great.

Post #652166 31st Dec 2022 1:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>