Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > P440e vs. D350
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
FastLaneJB

United Kingdom 

Seems 0.1 miles though on that trip the engine was used so cannot hit 0mpg in that case, just an extremely high number.

No solar yet, waiting on that until we move in a few years time as won't make sense when we don't plan to be here too long but do have Intelligent Octopus for the wifes Tesla so just 7.5p a kWh. That's a cheap car to run as long as you don't need to public charge it of course.

Correct me if I get my maths wrong here. If you've a 38kWh battery and no cheap electric so say 34p a kWh. You can get 50 miles out of that then you are around 25p a mile.

Then if we take diesel at 151p a litre, you'd only need to hit around 28mpg to be running around the same cost.

Of course you can get electricity cheaper or for free, not so with diesel. Does seem like these only mostly make sense for tax reasons. If you want to save the planet, you won't do that in a PHEV Range Rover either Wink

Post #668265 3rd Jul 2023 10:00pm
RDR

United Kingdom 

It’s land rovers app being crap I looked at all my EV journeys it claims 250mpg and 0.1miles on ICE when the engine never ran.

If your considering cost you would be nuts to use a normal electric tarrif. If we use imported electric to charge it’s 7.5p per kilowatt hour.

Saving the planet in a Range Rover nope 😁🙄 I’m I geek and love technology and new stuff, I do like the ability to utilise renewables and run around local with zero tail pipe emissions. I have a BEV for my longer commutes too.

There’s no perfect solution for everyone’s personal circumstance, use case and the environment just more options now days. MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My16 Disco 4 HSE LUXURY - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone
MY05 Disco 3 S - gone but not forgotten

Post #668273 4th Jul 2023 5:58am
Bill

United Kingdom 

Bill wrote:
aja500 wrote:
and a 400 mile range possible, I'd be front of the queue.

Put your name down…. My bet is the FFRR will launch with 400/500 mile range, reality maybe 350/400

By 2030 will be 600 miles as batteries improve.

Mercedes just tested last year a saloon with over 700 miles…

Agreed with the earlier comment the cold destroys the batteries… maybe they will fix that.

Just saw this in the FT . I know Toyota isn’t a FFRR, just hi-lighting how swiftly the technology is moving. 1200k is good going! Charge time 10 minutes….

If you bought a FFRR E next year , and batteries subsequently improved by multitudes, surely it will be possible to swap old for new technology?

Click image to enlarge
 Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #668333 4th Jul 2023 5:47pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

On the other hand , todays FT suggested Toyota were being optimistic in their time line!
A;so mentioned BMW investigating solid state battery options. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #668387 5th Jul 2023 11:10am
cwej2

United Kingdom 

For those of you with the P440e, what kind of MPG are you achieving on a run with petrol only?

Post #668423 5th Jul 2023 2:46pm
RDR

United Kingdom 

I’d say on average low 30’s but I don’t hang around. Just had a look at trips it’s difficult to find a trip that’s not in EV or hybrid for me. Here’s one where I was in EV to start with until the battery was flat then petrol all the way. I have a heavy right foot.

Click image to enlarge
 MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My16 Disco 4 HSE LUXURY - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone
MY05 Disco 3 S - gone but not forgotten

Post #668444 5th Jul 2023 7:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234