Soldierpmr

Wales 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Turbos and egrs are easier to replace than a crankshaft Laughing

Post #660172 23rd Mar 2023 9:42pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

All your life you have worked hard!
Why leave it to your kids!!!
Now the missus wont even talk about moving the car on!!!
Down size the house she says Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #660174 23rd Mar 2023 9:47pm
JoolsB

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Her car cost more than mine and mine is so much better it’s in a different league. Get a good one and you don’t get that much car for the money anywhere.

Yeah it’s a bit more to run but when we’ve got to go down to Exeter and back with 2 others in the back I don’t see anyone saying ‘oh, let’s NOT go in the Rangy’.

Post #660179 23rd Mar 2023 10:20pm
Andy S

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Aintree Green

Mrs went with me to look at a RRS I was interested in at our local dealership. I start to give the car a good exam, ready to go into battle with the salesman, who I knew well. I then hear SWMBO’s voice….. “this one is much nicer and its the same price”, at which point the salesman appears with the keys and said ‘here you go, take for a drive, you’ll love it’. Deal done on a Vogue SE. I felt like I’d arrived!

Post #660183 23rd Mar 2023 10:31pm
JoolsB

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Agreed Andy, even in my 322 when I get somewhere I always feel that I have arrived Thumbs Up

Post #660187 23rd Mar 2023 10:55pm
Andy S

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Aintree Green

Oh yes Jools. Kept that car, an L322, four years and swapped it for a brand new F Pace. Had that about a year and on a road trip to Northern Ireland SWMBO commented ‘this trip would be better in one of those’ as a FFRR swept past. On return home I went looking and found the current L405. SWMBO very pleased. Now she won’t let me sell the current one, even for a 5.0 sc…..

Post #660188 23rd Mar 2023 11:04pm
TDV8 Paul

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Danb_220_2019 wrote:
My reasoning, which was accepted, was as follows:

I've had a lot of cars. They've all been good in one way or another. Many of them have done things well, and others not so well.

Consider the FFRR. It's all the car you need.

Bad weather? It'll get there.
Up a hill/down a track/over a rocky stream bed/through a flood (within reason)? It'll get there.
Need to move a washing machine? Done.
Want to take elderly parents to dinner/France/down the road in comfort? Sorted.
What if we need to take kids somewhere? Telly/DVD in the back. Job done.
Take the dog for a walk somewhere? Yeah, anywhere you wanna go.
It's cold and snowy, do I have to go out? Heated seats, steering wheel, and FBH preheat. Nice one.
Have to travel 2000mi in a week? There's no better place.
It'll be expensive to run! Well, maybe. Big fuel tank = big gaps between filling it up, so that's a bonus.
What if it breaks down? It'll get fixed, just like any other car.

The tax is £600 a year! WTF???

Yeah, OK love. You got me there.

EXACTLY THIS!!! no lie- these are the exact reasons I managed to justify mine to me and my good lady 2007 TDV8 Vogue SE
2005 BMW E63 645ci
2009 5.0 SC fatty
2024 Porsche Macan

Post #660189 23rd Mar 2023 11:19pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

And what a place to self isolate in, during Covid Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Reading the manual Whistle 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #660192 23rd Mar 2023 11:45pm
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

Had range rovers for about 20 years, classic, p38, l322’s etc. basically, I need a useful car… to fill with the family, move bulky objects, including rubbish.. and occasionally tow a heavy car on a trailer. At the same time afford a bit of luxury, as I’ve always had big cars. So with the roof bars on I can shift a number of plywood sheets, and a washing machine in the boot, and some sand.. and have the family inside too. Drop it all off, and go out for the evening all dressed up. Then in the morning fill it with kids bikes, and a couple of canoes on the roof, drive it through the woods, and cross a ford…
I’ve had a jag e type engine, with gearbox bolted on, in the back, with the crane to load it in, dismantled and next to it, strapped down. Yes, I could have bought an L200 and done some of these things, but not the nice things.
There is no better car… once driven..you have to ask yourself, what would I ever replace this with?

Post #660194 24th Mar 2023 12:21am
jimmie

Poland 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

Why i have FF? Becouse i want to have one.

Post #660199 24th Mar 2023 7:18am
KF

Finland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I used to have many cars to fulfill different needs and desires, now I have just one to do them all, well not 100%, but most. Basically only thing I have given away is the speed, but then again, in RR, I don´t miss the speed.

Post #660202 24th Mar 2023 8:57am
TDV8 Paul

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

johnboyairey wrote:
Had range rovers for about 20 years, classic, p38, l322’s etc. basically, I need a useful car… to fill with the family, move bulky objects, including rubbish.. and occasionally tow a heavy car on a trailer. At the same time afford a bit of luxury, as I’ve always had big cars. So with the roof bars on I can shift a number of plywood sheets, and a washing machine in the boot, and some sand.. and have the family inside too. Drop it all off, and go out for the evening all dressed up. Then in the morning fill it with kids bikes, and a couple of canoes on the roof, drive it through the woods, and cross a ford…
I’ve had a jag e type engine, with gearbox bolted on, in the back, with the crane to load it in, dismantled and next to it, strapped down. Yes, I could have bought an L200 and done some of these things, but not the nice things.
There is no better car… once driven..you have to ask yourself, what would I ever replace this with?

I ask myself the same question- answer is nothing this side of a lottery win. 2007 TDV8 Vogue SE
2005 BMW E63 645ci
2009 5.0 SC fatty
2024 Porsche Macan

Post #660215 24th Mar 2023 11:26am
jagracer

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver

I have had most other car makes, nothing is any better, perhaps cheaper, but not better. My wife said that we have worked hard all our life, and we deserve one, and sod the planet!

Post #660224 24th Mar 2023 12:32pm
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

❤️❤️❤️
Ahem, I’m noticing something here, -hardly a shred of dissent in this proper Gentlemens’ discussion is there? Feel the love! All hail the Fullfat! Bow down Bow down Bow down Very Happy Rolling with laughter “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #660228 24th Mar 2023 12:48pm
SamThomas

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Baltic Blue

For a start I've always liked & fancied a RR.

After decades of driving vans (Transits, Transporters) & covering 50k + miles a year retirement came along & time to leave the van world behind, the last one being a VW Transporter 2.5 5-pot with remap, hybrid turbo & large bore de-catted exhaust - that did shift, in fact it was really too fast for a van (I do miss the captains seat armrests though). Time to calm down so what do I now need ;
Up to five seats in comfort.
Decent carrying capacity with rear seats down.
Not too low for the "Higher Authority" to get in & out.
High(ish) driving position.
Ability to tow a 3.5T loaded box trailer.

AFAIK there is only one vehicle that ticks all of those boxes - sorry Greta (actuallu, I'm not).

A no brainer, but the "Higher Authority" was not convinced until I picked her up from a girly night out - cold, wet & windy & the heated seat clinched it.

However, in a way I liken RR's a bit like a Mistress - you know you should not really have one, but they they give a lot of pleasure until it goes wrong & then you pay for it - dearly.

Of course they are not cheap to run, I don't drink (as such) & don't smoke so the RRS is my pleasure (apsrt of course from mt family & friends).

Post #660231 24th Mar 2023 1:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>