Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

That looks lovely Fox. Thumbs Up overfinch modified

Post #660648 29th Mar 2023 3:54pm
Fox889

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

Thank you kind sir! 2012 Orkney Grey Westminster 4.4TDV8 with Ivory interior.........nice!
BMW R1200GS
Alfa Romeo Giulietta
Just one Montesa now, 349 White Wonder
Austin A40 Farina MK2
1975 Morris Marina 1.8TC

Post #660667 29th Mar 2023 6:27pm
Squirrel

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

My old Volvo 850 was coming to the end of the road, but I had no idea what to replace it with. Euroboxes aren’t my thing. Cue lots of cogitation, until my OH suggested I might like to look at an FFRR, because I’d always wanted one. I dismissed the notion at first, because I thought it would drink like a fish and cost £££ to run.

And then I read about an accident on the local railway line, where a woman and her son were in an FFRR and the car got stuck - and then was hit by a train. And they walked away.

So I asked around about the cars on Pistonheads. One of the people who responded was a dealer who had a 2006 4.2 s/c for sale. Went to look, had a little think, bought it. Chopped it in for a 5.0 s/c 4 years later because I’d have preferred that in the first place.

And yes, I was right. It does drink like a fish and cost £££ to run. But it’s fab - it can transport family, luggage and dogs in comfort. It’s well sorted, so I just save up all the little niggly bits and get them fixed when it’s in for servicing. I‘ve just bought a new car, but the FFRR is staying - and when this goes to the great scrappy in the sky, I’ll get another one unless the government makes it impossible.

I don’t have to justify my car choices to my husband, nor does he ask for my approval with his cars. But it’s telling that the FFRR is always the car we choose to take if we’re going anywhere. It goes fast, it goes anywhere - and it’s all done in comfort. What’s not to like?

Post #661481 10th Apr 2023 11:44am
Bill

United Kingdom 

‘’’’’ And then I read about an accident on the local railway line, where a woman and her son were in an FFRR and the car got stuck - and then was hit by a train. And they walked away. ’’’’’

Ditto
A footballer/manager ran into the back of stationary traffic at 70mph on the A12… not a scratch! Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #661483 10th Apr 2023 12:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234