Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L460) > My P460E is coming in March but I'm cancelling my order
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
rags

United Kingdom 
My P460E is coming in March but I'm cancelling my order

After 18 months of waiting my wife's car finally has a build slot and is due to arrive at the end of March. P460E HSE in Batumi Gold.

Love the car but I have been investigating the insurance and the cheapest quote I am getting is £8,977 per annum. Just me and my wife to drive, no claims, she has 18 years no claims discount and I have 3 points for an SP30 offence in 2021. We live in the suburbs within the M25. That's insane money. Very few insurance companies willing to even quote and even the Land Rover website is refusing to provide a quote.

By comparison a Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid came in at £1,100 and a Bentley Bentayga was £1,950

Madness. I am not willing to take the risk that premiums will go down in the future as Land Rover have now "sorted out" the security problems. Crooks will just find another way to nick them.

Are other members on here proceeding with your orders? Have you have similar insurance problems and any solutions found?

Thanks

Last edited by rags on 23rd Dec 2023 8:56pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #681029 23rd Dec 2023 6:35pm
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I don’t think you’ll be the first to cancel an order due to the insurance situation. It’s also affecting used values across the range.

You’d think JLR would be taking this situation seriously but that doesn’t seem to be the case as their PR about improved security has fallen on deaf ears by the insurance industry and as you point out even their own insurance won’t provide a quote! MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #681044 23rd Dec 2023 8:38pm
rags

United Kingdom 

Its ridiculous.

I have a G63 on order (yes yes I know) and I just got a quote on that and its £1,760 a year insurance.

I added my two boys on the quote (26 and 24 years old - no claim or offences) and the G63 was £3,359. The Land Rover P460E with both the boys added was £28,500 lol.

It's so insane you got to laugh. No wonder my car has suddenly "become available" with the dealer telling me thats its great news as they are in such high demand. I also noticed on the Land Rover website that wait times are reduced to 6 months for these now - they will likely become immediately available soon I reckon with discounting returning.

I love the car as its really superb. But my order will be cancelled when the dealer reopens after Christmas. My wife is currently eyeing up a nice nearly new Bentayga.

Post #681052 23rd Dec 2023 9:42pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Yes, there are various threads on the 'Finance, Insurance etc' section about this. My existing insurers (NFU Mutual) and Land Rover Insurance both declined to cover/quote for the L460s I might consider.

It is clearly having an effect on prices and availability. For example Pentland, which has the Edinburgh franchise and various others in E Scotland has 26 new L460s ranging from D300SE to P615SV available immediately or in January. Lloyd LR's website says there are "extra incentives" on new RRs, one was to ask the sales team, in mid-November I was being told there were no incentives on RR.

The LR claim to have improved the insurance offer on their website (LRI) made no difference, I was declined quotes after as well as before. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #681065 23rd Dec 2023 11:10pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

I’m surprised the Bentayga quote was so cheap given how many are being (more easily) stolen.

LR’s insurance won’t quite for me in town, either.

Post #681096 24th Dec 2023 12:39pm
AnnualMan

Switzerland 

I’ve heard dealer incentives = £5k off if you don’t cancel, 2.5k from JLR and 2.5k from the dealer 2018 P400e AB LWB

Post #681128 24th Dec 2023 6:15pm
rags

United Kingdom 

Philip wrote:
I’m surprised the Bentayga quote was so cheap given how many are being (more easily) stolen.

LR’s insurance won’t quite for me in town, either.

Bentayga's are vastly cheaper to insure despite costing significantly more. The Bentayga I was quoted for was a hybrid not the big engined versions. But still the car is way more expensive than a RR on average and likely much more expensive to repair.

Post #681133 24th Dec 2023 6:53pm
rags

United Kingdom 

AnnualMan wrote:
I’ve heard dealer incentives = £5k off if you don’t cancel, 2.5k from JLR and 2.5k from the dealer

I'll see what my dealer says. But thats not enough - doesn't even cover the first year insurance difference.

I have my wife now also not wanting it regardless of the insurance......just went to a flooring showroom in central London with her and the director there has had his RR stolen 3 times in the last 18 months....

It really is such a shame. Without this nonsense it is such a wonderful wonderful car.

Post #681134 24th Dec 2023 6:56pm
Merchy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Reading about Pentland's 26 L460's available for immediate / January delivery, one wonders, how many of those are due to cancelled orders.
As for JLR refusing to even insure their own products, this shouts out to customers that they do not even believe their own PR about the software fixes to increase security and reduce the high level of theft.

Post #681137 24th Dec 2023 7:58pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Land Rover isn’t insuring anything - the cover is from a company called Wrisk Transfer who also do the Volvo and BMW schemes.

Post #681144 24th Dec 2023 9:49pm
pw1

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

This morning I had an email from the dealer that my Range Rover should be built early April, ordered early feb 22. I have it in writing its price protected but are people getting discounts over and above the price protection? Having waited this long for the vehicle any excitement has gone and there seems to be more range rovers on auto trader etc and some not at silly prices!

Interested to hear what people have been able to achieve……. 2023 Defender p400e
L460 on order
2016 Range Rover Sport gone
2011 Discovery 4 hse gone
2008 Discovery 3 hse gone
2006 Discovery 3 S gone
2004 Defender x tech gone but certainly not forgotten…..

Post #681718 2nd Jan 2024 7:24pm
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Some of new RR’s on AT seem to be priced at or around book price. I couldn’t see any discounts but expect there will be if you call around and find one in the spec you prefer in stock or an incoming cancelled order.

I have a slightly different dilemma. I took delivery of a l460 last March and am loving it. I put an order in for another at the time of delivery given, at the time, the used values were PXing for virtually the same as the new price. However, for the many known reasons this is no longer the situation.

My new one is due to arrive in July. I am expecting LR to want me to pay the increased book price and depreciate my existing RR substantially, meaning a cost to change of £20-£30k (the spec is the virtually the same except for colour). Given my current RR will be only 16 months old (with low mileage) by next July, I suspect I will keep it and cancel the order.

It will be interesting to see if LR improve their cost to change offer in the face of another cancelled order, given they make on both the new sale and the PX. MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #681723 2nd Jan 2024 8:26pm
pw1

I had the same dilemma with a defender. I received a defender in feb last year and salesman encouraged me to order another as I shouldn’t have to part with much money. In the end the vehicle came through 3 months earlier than expected. Dealer offered a small amount of discount but it was 14k to change for an identical defender just 5 months newer. I cancelled and kept the original…..

Going to be a lot of cancelled orders out there I believe. 2023 Defender p400e
L460 on order
2006 Discovery 3 S gone

Post #681725 2nd Jan 2024 9:06pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Same issue here. P615 SV due in a couple of months to replace a P530 SV as also encouraged by dealer but doesn’t look like it’ll be happening!

Post #681832 4th Jan 2024 7:21am
pw1

Just had another email from dealer to say the Range Rover should now be ready in March. Anyone else expecting at a similar time and any negotiations on discounts?

Maybe not Range Rover but other dealers/manufacturers seem a lot keener on discounting to sell all of a sudden……things must be changing. 2023 Defender p400e
L460 on order
2006 Discovery 3 S gone

Post #681872 4th Jan 2024 7:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>