Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Rear washer leak repair - the cheaper option!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
vs322

Greece 2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

I've repaired the rear wiper motor twice. Lots of rust in it but had it thoroughly cleaned, painted and lubed. New cogwheel and new seal. Failed within a few months, every time. The water pathway design, as elegant as it may be, is a liability.

Ended up sourcing a used motor from the breakers in excellent condition. I just rarely use the water jet anymore, unless absolutely necessary. Even though it all works just fine. I take advantage of any dew or rain for the occasional wipe and that's it.

Post #641740 2nd Sep 2022 7:28am
RRG

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Another happy customer here.

My rear washer had been leaking for ages but I just didn't think it worth the £400+ I had been quoted to get it repaired.

Followed these instructions to the letter. The internals of my motor assembly were not too rusty and cleaned up beautifully. The whole solution works really well.

Big thanks to alanm_3 for documenting this fix, and RRUK for detailing the removal and refitting of the wiper and motor assembly. (yes, the rear wiper really does need to hang at 6 o'clock for the rear spoiler to re-attached - finally dawned on me after about 4 attempts!)

RRG

Post #682620 13th Jan 2024 6:22pm
Eddthedoc

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

A huge thank you from me too alanm_3. Repair worked perfectly and didn’t need to take the spoiler off either.
Update on screws, No 6 x 1/4” or 3.5 x 6mm
[https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175814536384?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=LYuiiNSLSVq&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=2JYqbGJyRCC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY]
Is the water jet supposed to just blast off the inner spoiler or have I dropped something?

Post #683806 24th Jan 2024 8:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12