Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > My camping trip to the Continent.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Huwrhys

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Well I’m into the last week of my six week tour and must say I feel like I’ve only been away a week. I can’t believe it is coming to a close. I’ve found some incredible roads to test the fattie on and it never felt unhappy. The tow bar has mucked me about but it’s locked in the deployed position. I’ll sort that with LR when I get home. Apart from that the car has coped very well.

I had LR Assist out to see if they could sort it but the guy (from Buckhurst Hill) stayed the sensor was picking up a ping.

Post #487180 26th Aug 2018 12:50pm
Huwrhys

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

So now that we've completed our 6 week tour of the Continent it's time to take stock of the car and van.
Firstly the car.
Utterly brilliant! The only problem was the deployable tow bar which I'm now told has to be replaced with a new one. On order but no stock so waiting for a call. My wife noticed that the high level brake light had a few bulbs/LEDS out so thats been replaced and the tailgate needs aligning. All stuff that must have been apparent when I collected the car but didn't spot.
Fuel consumption towing was about 22 if kept to 60mph and dropped to about 18 if trucking on. On a run if treated well it would return up to 36mpg which I thought was excellent for a V8.
Thumbs Up
Caravan.
Movers packed up just at the crucial moment (of course) but managed to sort them out myself with a bit of phone help from Powrtouch. Glass splashback went bang and shattered for no apparent reason. Hob wasn't used for at least a week before, van had been stationary for 5 days. I was in bed and heard a loud bang, I thought something had hit the roof. I got up and could hear the glass fracturing for a further 10-15 minutes. I spoke to Vanmaster who said they would get a price together for replacement. When I questioned if the item was covered under the 6 year warranty I was told it was a supplier part and wasn't covered. My response was that everything they touch is a supplier part unless they have a forest! So I'm stuffed with the repairs. I checked with a local glass shop and the cost for a piece of glass is £14 incl. Seems a very small price to pay to keep your customer happy. I've managed to get the broken one off and will sort it myself. Seems only the build is covered under the warranty. Like I was going to drive 5 hours each way to get it sorted anyway, just a sort of sticking in the throat issue really having spent £65k on a van 2 years ago!
The sliding door misaligned was entirely due to the runner only being fixed by a screw at each end. Far too much to ask of two little screws and one had caused the hole to elongate. I'll fix this also so I know it's done right. One good thing is the build is stupidly simple so any fool can fix it, even me!
All in all a fantastic time away and can't wait to do it again.
Thumbs Up

Post #488043 5th Sep 2018 7:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123