Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Blocked Drain holes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
steadyaway

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

After heavy rain, when I open either of the front doors, water flows out as the doors open. It seems to collect between two seals on the door. Are there any drain holes in this area I should be looking for or is this normal please?

Post #355757 7th Nov 2015 7:24pm
Strider

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

The only door drain holes ive spotted are a series of slots cut into the inner door skin, if you open the door and look down, they are near the bottom of the door. I believe these allow any water that has got past the window sill rubbers to escape.

Post #355926 9th Nov 2015 12:03am
RR P38

Australia 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Strider wrote:
Seems to be a common fault from what i've read Sad .

Its not really a fault, its a lack of maintenance.
How many of us have ever pulled the plenum out, I can assure you if you dont, and you dont clean around where it joins the firewall you will get some pretty sizeable rust holes eventually and you will really start to get some serious water in your FF.

Post #355931 9th Nov 2015 3:46am
steadyaway

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Strider wrote:
The only door drain holes ive spotted are a series of slots cut into the inner door skin, if you open the door and look down, they are near the bottom of the door. I believe these allow any water that has got past the window sill rubbers to escape.

Yup thanks, I found those but they are between the upper and lower seals (for want of a better description). I was just a tad concerned that there was another drain somewhere. I wonder how much the door holds before it allows the water over the sill into the car.

Post #356159 10th Nov 2015 10:13pm
jimmyhorns

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zambezi Silver

Unnecessary quote removed

Ive just found exactly the same problem with mine.

My wife was telling me that there was water coming in from the sunroof controls when it rained heavily in the spring, and throughout the summer the interior has been very humid until the aircon is on.

I searched for why the water would be coming in (I guessed it was probably that the sunroof drains were defective). 3 of mine are fine, and the drivers side wasnt.

I couldnt find the drain - the air suspension reservoir is in the way, and just like the photo mine is completely wedged.... releasing the two front bolts to the reservoir mount released the blockage.

I wonder if it is a fault with aftermarket reservoirs. My car is 9 years old, so may not be on the original reservoir. I struggle to think that this was fitted like this in the factory, as after doing 50 cars like this someone must have thought.... that cant be right......

Access is very difficult so I am trying to work out how to offset the mount - I might just get a dremmel in there, but probably dont have the right attachment Sad

Post #405154 17th Sep 2016 6:34pm
jimmyhorns

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zambezi Silver

Oddly when the drain is put back into the bulkhead and seated correctly there is plenty of room. Mine must have either been put in incorrectly, or displaced when some suspension work was being done. No need to modify anything on mine and now draining ultra-freely Smile

Happy days Smile

Post #405162 17th Sep 2016 7:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12