Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > went in for oil change, came back out with AIR SUSP INACTIVE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Ohwhatalad

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Thankyou, i have ordererd IID tool from eBay for next day delivery so will keep you updated tomorrow when it arrives and i get time to learn how to use it and read the fault code.
PRAYING it just resets and works. at least i can use it again soon when i take the front seats out to replace the leather covers and not worry about airbag light popping on!

Post #374092 25th Feb 2016 1:27pm
holidaychicken

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

i had to reset mine about 5 times before it shut up and got on with it.
i would clear all the faults and then as soon as i drove it it would try and apply the brakes and then it would do the bong of death as all the systems faulted out and then i could drive it normally but slowly around the block and then i would do the same again.
i did take out my ABS sensors half way through so whether jacking it up again helped but a couple more resets did the trick.
the only other thing i could think of was my main connector cable that went to my transfer box is a little slack after i made a bit of a boo boo when i refurbed my transfer box and it was raining really hard when i had the first suspension inactive fault so i considered it may be that but it was the afternoon after my MOT when they jacked it up.it has been perfect since with no issues or warnings.
good luck

Post #374178 25th Feb 2016 9:29pm
Ohwhatalad

thanks for the advice,

i have noticed tonight that my eyes were deceiving me, only one of the wheels, front passenger, is lower than the rest. by about an inch or so.

im guessing if it had a leak, all would go down, or at least that strut would go all the way down to bump stop, which it hasn't.

im hoping that the wheels height sensor or something has taken a knock when servicing. will read fault codes with IID first, then reset, and see if that works! at least ill be able to test each corners up and down capability etc tomorrow Smile

Thumbs Up

Post #374193 25th Feb 2016 10:36pm
holidaychicken

codes are the key, an air bag can leak at a certain point and then when it deflates to a certain level and the bag folds over itself it can seal the leak again but i would think it is more likely the height sensor doing something daft as you say

Post #374211 25th Feb 2016 11:12pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Ohwhatalad wrote:
when i take the front seats out

If you put the ignition on with the front seats out you will need your IID to turn off the resulting airbag light... they are handy little things.... Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #374222 26th Feb 2016 12:04am
Ohwhatalad

hi guys, got my IID.

So, read codes -

64 actuation articulation validity
81 rear left heigh sensor
32 canbus fail

CLEARED the above

EAS worked again, but the rear left wheel wont move, now in access height mode very low.
When i go up, all wheels lift apart from rear left. when i go down, all wheels go down apart from front drivers side, seems to be a bit high still.
when driven, 35mph MAX offroad speed limit error pops up, followed by air susp inactive again

Read codes, just the 1 now

81 rear left heigh sensor

Is there anything else i can do with this IID tool to get the 81 rear left heigh sensor back up and running as i think this is the error thats causing EAS to go into safe mode by the looks of it, and probably why the drivers side front wheel doesnt know quite what to do with itself!

Thanks in advance haylands and chicken

Post #374348 26th Feb 2016 6:39pm
Haylands

Yep, go into, oh I wish I could remember... in some setting you can manually raise individual corners, this will disable the EAS so you pump the corners to where you want and can use the FF until you get it sorted... Thumbs Up

They are around £40-£50 from Dan... easy to change without even jacking it up... warm the electrical plug up as they get brittle with age and in this weather are even more brittle....

(Edit) Just had a look in the manual, it's service/test then eas then it will become obvious.... Thumbs Up

It's a very handy feature, so keep the IID in the car in case you get stuck somewhere..... Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold

Post #374349 26th Feb 2016 6:52pm
Ohwhatalad

Cheers Haylands, i tried upping and downing the vehicle now its all over the place, fronts really high etc and wont come down much!

Do you think its all to do with the error on the height sensor, does it have to be replaced or could it be a matter of unplugging and re plugging in.

whats the procedure for replacing, just it unbolt and electrical connector unclip?

Thanks for all your help!

edit - just checked other things on their, fuel burner has 2 errors too. Looks like this is going to be fun...

Post #374353 26th Feb 2016 7:11pm
Haylands

The sensors wear out.. I've changed two in the last year... very easy, two bolts one plug...

You should be able to raise and lower the corners or entire front or rear to get it level, then order the sensor and change it...

Best thing to do with the other faults is clear them all then drive it for a few days and check again, you will have a lot of old faults that will have been fixed ages ago but the dealers were too lazy to clear the fault...

There are also several faults that are always there on all FF's... Ford owner LR by the time the L322 came out designed with BMW bits and they were too cheap to get BMW to sort them out.... Rolling Eyes

If your still having trouble getting it drivable on Sunday then PM me and I'll send you my phone number and walk you through it... sorry but I'm out all day tomorrow off roading up on the North York Moors.... Pete

Post #374368 26th Feb 2016 7:50pm
holidaychicken

Download yourself a copy of the rave manual from the link below, the height sensors are easy to change.
the rave manual is a fantastic manual and easy to follow.
the allcomms has a program to calibrate the height but not sure about the IID tool, sounds like an interesting piece of kit though, where did you get it?

http://www.landroverresource.com/

This is courtesy of SaintV8 over on landyzone

Post #374369 26th Feb 2016 7:51pm
Ohwhatalad

Thanks Haylands thats much appreciated!
I have been out there with the IID tool for the past hour, got the car level and exited the mode disabling the EAS so it wont try to re-level itself and mess up again - Driveable once more Very Happy

Ill order the Height sensor, i have found it for £28 https://www.lrdirect.com/RQH100030-Height-Sensor-Ds2-Rear-2/
Brand- Britpart

Sounds easy enough to fit, at least i can change the height of that wheel up to the top to aid in the change now.

- holiday chicken, i bought the IID tool from eBay from JGS 4x4 i think they were called, only place i could find them in stock it was about £280 but im loving it so far as its helped me alot.
It does have config for height sensors on the menu but im not sure i need to play around with that, ill just swap the sensor out and re-enable EAS and hope it does its job.

Post #374385 26th Feb 2016 8:31pm
Haylands

The IID tool does more than any other tool on the market, including JLR's own one...

It also stores different set ups for the car and you can switch between them in about 20seconds... I have a road setting and an off road setting that gives me much more ground clearance...

Personally I wouldn't buy cheap pattern parts, especially sensors, the last pattern one I bought, an ABS sensor, lasted a whole two weeks before it failed... I only got it as needed to use the car straight away...

Really don't think the small saving is worth it... phone Dan at Duckworths (site sponsor) and you get trade prices and free delivery... can't go wrong... Thumbs Up Pete

Post #374388 26th Feb 2016 8:41pm
gregdav

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

As pete says, get an original part, and if you have xenon lights you will need a specific sensor, depending which one you are changing.
Had a britpart one on my d2, it didn't last 12 months.
Thumbs Up

Post #374392 26th Feb 2016 8:52pm
Haylands

He's lucky Greg, that one that's gone on his is the cheap one...

They have now superseded the sensors that did the lights with ones that don't do the lights... I got a new one from Dan, it only had three pins in the plug, the old one had six, three for the EAS and three for the headlight... anyway it was defo the correct one and for some reason they have now removed the headlight bit....

Still costs more than the others... Rolling Eyes doesn't seem to effect the lights at all...... Go figure.... Pete

Post #374396 26th Feb 2016 9:14pm
gregdav

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Cheers for the info pete. Thumbs Up
but Shocked

Post #374409 26th Feb 2016 9:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>