Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Not happy!!! help please :-(
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jay-p

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver
Not happy!!! help please :-(

Well I took my second 30 mile round trip to paddock again today to get my L322 rad that wasnt in stock last time I went to collect it Evil or Very Mad and guess what, I got home and theyve ordered me the wrong bloody rad Censored Evil or Very Mad Big Cry at a guess its a p38, the hose fittings are standard rubber hose/ jubilee type fittings!
I suppose I was stupid for not checking it before I left Embarassed

Secondly I wanted to drop my gearbox sump to clean out the gunge and replace the filter, can I heck get the torx bolts out Censored !!!! I managed to get about 5 out and stripped the rest, tried tapping them first and alsorts but no luck Sad Im an engineer by day so in theory I know how to sort it but I dont fancy taking the drill to my box, what do I do ? Big Cry My only option I can think of at the minute is gently pump in some thinners/petrol and leave it to break down the crap then thoroughly flush with atf? At least this should shift 90% of the crap in there apart from the magnets obviously.

And lastly, how the heck do I release the return pipe from the oil cooler????? It is freely moving back and forth, the grey push type thing moves a little but it doesnt want to come off? Should it rotate? Is it just a compressed air type fitting? Why wont it come off Crying or Very sad

Any help appreciated as I need to get this done before the weekend.
Jay

Post #138395 29th Aug 2012 8:11pm
Richcl

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Apply some localised heat to the fixings?...

Post #138398 29th Aug 2012 8:28pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Jay,

I am having my autobox Megaflushed in 2 wks time. The Dealers would drop the sump, change the pan filter and flush out the fluid twice (if you are lucky) and charge £500, the megaflush ensure 97% new fluid in the box rather than about 50% from a dealer.

The megaflush is simpler and cheaper. No need to drop the pan at all.

I had a thread about it. They reckon the pan filter may not be worth swapping too.

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic13074....=megaflush Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #138404 29th Aug 2012 8:59pm
TheAllSeeingPie

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged Supercharged Java Black

I'm going for a a single flush on Monday with a pan and filter replacement, although my issues aren't too severe. Mainly because of lack of interest from the Megaflush guy, but also because I heard the Megaflush can sometimes push crap through the TC. 
07 Supercharged - Still breaking her in!

Boot soundproofing part 1 - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15612.html
Custom exhaust - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15296.html
18" wheels for Brembo equipped cars - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15052.html

Post #138412 29th Aug 2012 9:20pm
jay-p

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver

I'm opting for using the gearbox's own pump to help me flush the system instead of the mega flush type systems to force fluid in, it should be sufficient without doing the filter but seem as I have one sat here I'd like to get the sump off to make sure it's fully clean and the magnets haven't got any debris attached

Post #138415 29th Aug 2012 9:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1