Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Indy says I need new dash.. Ecu looking fried.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
47p2

Scotland 

Are you blonde Lolo? Laughing Laughing

Post #155297 4th Dec 2012 3:56pm
madcima

Italy 2006 Range Rover HSE Td6 Zambezi Silver

pulling the car somewhere else, it seems to me that these people do not know how to do their job ........ it is always the problem last time? http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic14907-15.html

Post #155302 4th Dec 2012 4:03pm
Lolo

Ireland 2011 Range Rover HSE TDV8 Santorini Black

47p2 wrote:
Are you blonde Lolo? Laughing Laughing

No but I am incredibly good looking.. Cool

Post #155305 4th Dec 2012 4:09pm
47p2

Scotland 

^^^ Laughing Laughing Laughing

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #155306 4th Dec 2012 4:12pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Ha ha!! Lolo, send connor on your behalf instead Wink or go to the same place as him if your close enough Smile FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #155326 4th Dec 2012 5:30pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Hold on, why two new keys (they are expensive). The transponders are small jiggemedoos non powered that are "loose" in the key. You should be able to get new transponders (have a look on the forum on all the flip-key conversions) there is a US supplier that can get you "blank keys".

I would say that transponders are virtually unbreakable apart from massive magnetic fields (EMP during a nuclear explosion type !!).

Have a look around the forum in general before forking out hundreds of pounds on new keys.

Also have a look at Madcima thread on his starting issues, that sounds like a much more plausible cause. Also what Steve said, all electrical connections to be checked, especially in the wet countries like Ireland/UK/Holland these problems come up with "older" cars.

Better go to a different outfit, this guy does not know what he is doing and is going to cost you a lot more. Also keep posting what any garage says on here so we can help you with finding the real fault, hopefully without spending an arm and a leg !!! There are not that many good mechanics/electricians anymore these days, they have turned into component changers and they are also not good at that (bar some exceptions of course).

I can tell you heaps of stories like that where people have spent way too much money only to find out the cause of the problem was very cheap to resolve, if the garage had had a proper fault finder. My favourite was on my brother in laws (ex my dads) Rover. Turned (thanks to me "interfering") it was the bloody rotor. But I had to fight three "experienced" mechanics to replace a part costing about 2 quid !!! They were already replacing the battery (100 quid), high voltage cables (that were in perfect nick, only a year old), distributor cap (year old), etc. etc.

So bottomline, if it doesn't make sense don't have it replaced. Just keep us in the loop so we can help with our collective experience !!! MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #155379 4th Dec 2012 8:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12