Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Recommendation - Car Detailer in Manchester and Cheshire
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Anytime Pfazz Smile we all start somewhere Smile Most click the buttons but its sank enough for me to find it easier to type with some copy and pasting Smile FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #175566 3rd Mar 2013 4:59pm
mattstevenson2005

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

quick question vince, how long does your work last e.g. what do you recommend us to do once you have worked your magic to keep the car from getting swirls again when it comes to cleaning the car at home?

Matt

Post #176011 5th Mar 2013 7:53pm
E4 GUY

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

^

keep away from the east european (cliche sorry Wink ) "5 quid hand car wash" Very Happy

saw a good product today for dark paint "poorboys - black hole" Shocked Alcohol and eBay is never a good mix

2006 4.2 Supercharged, Java Black

Post #176021 5th Mar 2013 8:34pm
vince

Good question Matt and one that i get asked alot.

The way i view it is.....take a look how old your car is and what condition the paint is in. If its 5 years old and mildly swirled, then once corrected it should take at least that length of time to get back to that condition again...Once done, if you take good care of your paint and keep the finish protected, then it can last for years.

Always do a good pre wash letting it soak in loosening the dirt before hand washing it. Always hand wash using a 2 bucket method once your paint has been corrected, dont listen to all the garbage about not using fairy liquid to wash with as it dries your paint out....what a load! I used it for years with no issues whatsoever. The way to look at what soap to use is, if you want to strip any residual wax off your car ready or re waxing onto a clean surface then use fairy liquid as its a degreaser also. If you want to wash your car without stripping off your wax layer then use a dedicated car shampoo..i use autoglym bodywork shampoo.

For the absolute best finish in summer months, keep it glazed and waxed to keep the paint deep and protected. Look to wash it at least once a week, remove any bird droppings as soon as you see them as they are acidic, and enjoy the fruits of your labour Wink

Its hard work to keep cars tip top especially for you guys as your cars are so damn big Laughing

Post #176053 5th Mar 2013 10:52pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Good to speak to you again Vince and glad that you have so many happy customers Smile

With summer coming around i would bet on more people wanting this kind of work done Smile FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #184883 26th Apr 2013 12:07pm
vince

Likewise Will...Im interested in the potential range rover sport job...very nice machines Cool

Post #185000 26th Apr 2013 9:48pm
vince

I can see plenty of hits on the blogsite generating from this thread, if you wanted to get in touch please send me a text message. My old email address im not always able to check Wink

Got some great cars booked in in the next few weeks....one is an old 1973 Citroen DS...remember them Cool

Post #199011 15th Jul 2013 11:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123