Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Remapped 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 20 of 43 <123 ... 192021 ... 414243>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

Pictures to catch up with the story so far.

The V8 (Oscar) has now got horrible IMO wheels on:

Pictures to show what my poltergeist was for the bootlid opening. Sad to say I have to evict the poltergeist from my other Range Rover as well Laughing

While I was at it I also fitted a reverse camera, but not happy with the outcome of how it looks on the car.

I also finally fitted my custom engine cover.

And then finished the prototype 3rd brake light. (I have placed this story on the V8's timeline as I have been testing it on this Range Rover).

I will be selling the prototype soon. And I will be starting my own car styling brand again soon.

I have also got another brake light that I will be starting soon. I will be getting a workshop built in my rear garden in the spring of 2019, so I will be able to spend more time doing the custom parts.

Post #487448 29th Aug 2018 2:50pm
green-oval-nut

Took Oscar out on Saturday to deliver some Range Rover wheels to the back and beyond of the Isle of Grain lol. Gearbox on live data was frequently reaching 146 degrees. It kept acting like it was in sports mode, so pulled over around 5 times to let the gearbox cool down. I am not sure if the sticking caliper is having anything to do with this, or the thermostat showing as stuck open.

So I guess the list is starting to grow lol.

Post #487865 3rd Sep 2018 12:22am
green-oval-nut

Last of the big spenders lol, After getting lost and ending up at the wrong restaurant in the other RR, decided that it was about time I got the parts to sort out the reverse light on this one. £7.15 well spent. Can't wait to get it all sorted.

Post #488097 5th Sep 2018 8:24pm
green-oval-nut

I tried to sort out the reverse light seized screw problem, but unfortunately was misinformed elsewhere as to the part I needed, my fault also for not double checking. I was told it was a plastic insert for the screw to go into, but it is infact a metal one. Gave up for today.

Post #488515 9th Sep 2018 5:54pm
green-oval-nut

Drove Oscar down to the Malta Inn near Maidstone, nearly got clamped as I missed the signs stating you have register your car in the restaurant. I wasn't the only motorist that missed the signs. But nearly 22mpg all the way and all the way back, I was very happy, it behaved itself the entire journey. But those wheels are really really really bugging me!

I chose this location for Thursday's lunch after finding out it was in a picturesque location.

Post #488862 14th Sep 2018 2:11am
green-oval-nut

Well, as promised, after the black one passed its MOT, it was time to give Oscar some attention, the cracked wheel is now at Spit & Polish being welded and straightened, as it turns out, it had a flat spot as well as the crack. Hoping the other wheels don't. Also didn't pay attention to the marking on the rear of the wheels. So these are just replica wheels, But I don't mind. They are now near the top of my list to get done.

Post #492867 19th Oct 2018 12:39am
green-oval-nut

I got the wheel back, minus the centre cap which I only noticed today lol. Can't tell that it has been straightened or welded apart from the huge yellow letters inside saying weld and straighten lol.

Have been quoted £40 per wheel from another company to give them a full repaint inside and out in any colour of my choice, which would be silver lol. But thinking I might just have a go myself first. Then if I screw it up, get the professionals in Laughing

I am looking forward to getting these wheels on the car now. I may have to fit them without getting them painted.
Just need wheel nuts from a 2006 onwards Range Rover.

I will be limping this one around for another year while I get a few other bills sorted, then will really get stuck in and make is a great car again. I think another £3500 and this one will be in top condition again.

Post #493513 24th Oct 2018 9:00pm
green-oval-nut

Well, I procrastinated and let small jobs build up Shocked Embarassed Laughing
Now it's going to hurt the wallet Laughing

The list has grown, but now I am slowly getting on top of it. Looking at 2-3 months of playing catch up.

The list of parts due is as follows:

Front Drilled & Grooved Brake Discs (£75)
Brembo Front Pads (£42)
Front Brake Hose (£13.19)
Caliper (£29.50) Bought a used one in excellent condition.
Thermostat (£54)
Water Pump (£82)
Engine Sump Pan (TBC)
Sump Plug (£3.59)
Rocker Gaskets (£24)
Alternator Belt (£12)
Oil (TBC)
4 x Tyres for new wheels. (£280)
New Wheel Nuts (£40)

So not too long and not a horrific amount. Labour for the brakes will be around £125.

So I think a budget of about £1000 is reasonable to get all these parts and get them fitted. I am a coward this time of year. No drive or garage, so pay my Mobile mechanic lol.

Some of these jobs will need to be done before March 2019 ahead of the MOT.
Quite scary to see it totalled up lol. But not so bad as all being bought gradually and have already bought some of the parts.

Post #496249 21st Nov 2018 10:48pm
green-oval-nut

I think my time with Oscar is over. I have placed a couple of adverts for swap offers only as looking for a Discovery 3 again, I am keeping Tank though. We will see what happens though. It will either be a Freelander 2, RR Sport or D3 that I get next in place of this beast if it goes. Or if I get cash, will be buying an rough and ready older Disco. I am not using the V8 much at the moment. So will see what happens. If I get a few more jobs done, then it will more than likely stay. I am sure once I have driven it again, I won't want to sell it lol.

Post #498661 14th Dec 2018 11:18pm
green-oval-nut

Post #499624 25th Dec 2018 12:43am
green-oval-nut

Even though my other Range Rover is stuck in the garage, I have been forced to start getting a few repairs done as a matter of urgency. So 1st job was to get the rear tyre changed, had to pump it up every time I wanted to use the car. So now a part worn has been fitted. I opted for part worn as these wheels are only a temporary measure, and the tyre fitted was almost new with tread. A few jobs on the list include new front discs, pads, brake flexi hose and caliper are very much next on the list as soon as the parts shop opens. It has also got an oil and coolant leak which hasn't been resolved yet, but as soon as I am well enough I will get on it. As it is I am having to pay someone to do my brakes.

Post #500030 29th Dec 2018 11:22pm
green-oval-nut

Finally found out what the cause of my oil leak is. The rocker gaskets, yet another job that I paid RPM to do which was not done! The brakes are now sorted though, so drilled and grooved britpart discs with brembo pads with a replacement caliper on the drivers side.

Now waiting for quotes for the rocker gaskets as I am not well enough to do them.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #501316 12th Jan 2019 5:01pm
green-oval-nut

The BIG oil leak is soon going to be sorted Very Happy
Just ordered Elring rocker gaskets at £10+VAT each from Island 4x4 and while I was at it ordered a pollen filter at £7.50+VAT as I realised that I have never changed the pollen filter during my ownership which has been 28 months Laughing Oops. Also bought a Dayco Aux belt from Ebay for £10.20.

This baby is certainly being expensive at the moment. But that is my own fault for putting off jobs, plus getting extremely ill.

Just got to wait for next payday, then Oscar can be taken to the garage who did the air con repair on Tank and take another £200-£300 from me Laughing

But I have to say, since the brakes have been repaired, I haven't used Tank once, only been driving Oscar, but that has to change from this weekend.

MOT day is coming up fast. Only got until the 1st week of March. But pretty confident of a pass this time as the only 2 advisories on the last test were, Gearbox oil leak, which was sorted the day it past its test and engine oil leak which is being sorted in the first week of February.

I didn't love these cars so much, I would cry at the amount I spend on them, but I don't hate spending the money on them. They are worth every penny to me. Although I only have 1 more year of being allowed 2 Range Rovers, then I will be forced to decide which one has to be sold. Although I may end up selling both, putting the money together and buying a newer Range Rover.

I will shut up now as I just noticed I am rambling on Laughing

Post #501794 16th Jan 2019 1:21pm
green-oval-nut

My Birthday was an interesting one, the brake seized on the diesel RR, so came home and took this beast out, was extremely nervous as this one used to go into trans overheat if driven too far. However, that problem has been cured by the seized brake that this one had being replaced! Drove 103 miles without an issue and the MPG was at 22.8. We went to the south coast for lunch which we ate at the beach, then drove up to Hamstreet to a byway on the marshes that I love to drive on, Oscar didn't miss a beat, treated it to a wash after taking it off road, Absolutely outstanding car.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #502599 24th Jan 2019 1:29am
Swipe

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography Td6 Java Black

Might be interested in the 3rd brake light upgrade let me know the cost once you!

Post #502886 26th Jan 2019 7:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 20 of 43 <123 ... 192021 ... 414243>