Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Remapped 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 21 of 43 <123 ... 202122 ... 414243>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

I finished the prototype but didn't watch costs properly Laughing I will be building another one in the summer.

Post #502939 27th Jan 2019 12:23pm
green-oval-nut

Went out yesterday (130 mile round trip) and sadly when I started the car, it started to raise the corner that drops then stopped and the dreaded "Suspension Inactive" came up. The suspension then oddly levelled itself out to road height. So did 130 miles like it, took it over marshland and to the beach etc... Today I plugged diagnostics in and it came up with "Compressor Temperature Static When Compressor Active" So cleared it, and drove it 30 mile round trip to get my diesel RR booked in for the brakes to be fixed and it hasn't come back. Hope it was just a funny 5 Laughing

Click image to enlarge

I thought I had better scan the engine and got these Whistle Shocked Laughing But hopefully these will mostly be dealt with in a couple of weeks after the diesel RR is back from having the brakes done.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

And couldn't resist adding more of my car out on the Marshes and at the RSPB nature reserve.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #503211 29th Jan 2019 3:41pm
MonteCarlo

United Kingdom 

This car is awesome! Thumbs Up

Kudos for sticking which her.. Smile

She's a shining example with some very tasty ad-ons Thumbs Up

Henry...

Post #503850 3rd Feb 2019 7:49pm
green-oval-nut

Cheers MonteCarlo.

Now waiting for the weather to warm up to non freezing so I can refurbish the 20" sport wheels that I have which are going on in a few months.

Post #503852 3rd Feb 2019 8:17pm
green-oval-nut

Missing my V8, only dropped it off this morning, thought I had bought all the parts needed, turned out I bought 2 thermostats instead of 1 thermostat and a water pump Laughing

Post #504309 7th Feb 2019 4:06pm
green-oval-nut

The mysterious coolant loss that 2 garages and the AA couldn’t find turned out to be the radiator which the previous owner had told me was brand new a few days before I got it. Not happy. And the water pump pulley has had its day and needs replacing, and also turns out my nasty ex neighbour from the previous address who I thought had not succeeded in stabbing my airbag on the drivers front suspension, in fact had managed. The car should get through an mot as it is though. But now got a few jobs on the list to get done ASAP after the mot test. And it hasn’t helped that the C-max has decided to also spit its dummy out the orange with a stuck shut thermostat 😂. But no more oil leaks from anywhere, water pump was in fact knackered, so a lucky save, new thermostat fitted, Bosch super 4 spark plugs fitted, and he’ll does this motor shift. I thought it was quick before, but now it really goes. Whilst the radiator is being done, a new oil cooler is being fitted too. Yet I have no ill feelings towards Oscar. He’s doing me proud. But with the coolant leak, I am restricting this one to light local duty apart from the MOT test itself. I love this car.

Post #504662 10th Feb 2019 1:43am
green-oval-nut

Today has certainly not been boring, took both Range Rovers to Maidstone for a service, as I went back in the V8 to collect the TD6, literally as I pulled into the entrance of the car park, my expansion tank start spraying coolant from the back corner 🙄 Luckily no overheating and coolant didn’t run dry, so next week it will have a brand new Hella radiator and new expansion bottle in theory covered by the breakdown repair cover and while it is in, I am going to get them to fit the water pump pulley. Find out on Monday what is what.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #505407 16th Feb 2019 10:06pm
green-oval-nut

The AA are complete Censored

They have claimed that the garage must have looked at the car before there contactor, despite there being many CCTV camera's covering all angles which show this was not the case! And due to my current additional medical issue along with my life long disabilities, I was unable to stay with the car and the nice manager of the garage agreed to take the key for me and give it to the AA contractor when they arrived. The AA are a bunch of jokers.

But anyhow, Friday I should be collecting my beast and bringing it home after a total expected bill of being about £766, that includes the cost of a water pump pulley, expansion bottle and radiator, plus coolant and labour. It would have been around £200 more if I hadn't sourced most of the parts myself.

We will be fighting the AA tooth in nail until the bitter end if the outcome from complaint isn't the right one, they will be forced to pay the £500 fee that the Financial ombudsmen charge to investigate, which will be more than there portion of the repair bill Laughing

Post #505861 21st Feb 2019 1:17am
green-oval-nut

I really need to stop getting idea's in my head. I was thinking about getting both my Range Rover's remapped in the future, then next thing I know, a reputable company has an offer on that I can't refuse, so now both the Range Rovers will be remapped as of Wednesday Laughing

The new figures will be 314BHP and 470NM Torque for this beast. Don't care about any fuel economy figure gains on the V8, just happy to have more ponies under the bonnet. Got a great deal too as both are going in on the same day.

Post #506345 25th Feb 2019 6:30pm
b348xyx

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

Who’s doing the remap if don’t mind me asking ? Seems a High increase for a NA engine. 2003 Range Rover 4.4 Litre V8 - Adriatic blue

2003 Range Rover 4.4 Litre V8 -Maintenance History Click Here = http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic39687.html

Post #506356 25th Feb 2019 7:11pm
green-oval-nut

Phantom Tuning

Post #506357 25th Feb 2019 7:16pm
b348xyx

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

Let us know how you get on. Always been interested myself. 2003 Range Rover 4.4 Litre V8 - Adriatic blue

2003 Range Rover 4.4 Litre V8 -Maintenance History Click Here = http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic39687.html

Post #506358 25th Feb 2019 7:17pm
green-oval-nut

The V8 was done first. What an amazing difference, not dyno’d but estimated bhp according to the software manufacturers is 314BHB and estimated 484NM Torque. Not really fussed about those figures to be honest. It’s much much faster in the lower end and also the mpg has improved so far. Only done 1 journey though. But it’s much smoother, much more responsive and I am extremely pleased with the results.

Post #506607 27th Feb 2019 8:05pm
roberlar

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

I bought a brand new TD6 Vogue back in 2004 factory chip and privacy glass as extras. Sold it during summer 2018 and can say in all honesty I had no issues whatsoever in 14 years of ownership other than a front prop shaft recall. The car was sat outside throughout it's life and never garaged. I've owned seven Range Rovers from a seventies 2 door to my current L405. Without doubt, the L322 has been the most reliable and trouble free motor I have owned in in 30 + years of motoring. The used L405 I now own had and still has one or two issues, however I am gradually working through these problems and will treat the car with respect thereafter to hopefully maintain some karma. Yes, these cars are very well built, however they are still primarily road vehicles with a bit of off road capability, especially with regular road tyres offering very limited grip. I live on a farm, and if I want to drive around the fields, I take a tractor. Bottom line is , original owner should service the vehicle properly from it's inception and don't expect it to be invincible. Sad fact is, allot of original owners have the funds to not worry about abusing the motor which leaves caring subsequent owners a lot of heartache and expense. The opposite may also apply, in so much as some owners might not have the funds to maintain properly, and this is where subsequent owners pick up the bill as well.

Post #506616 27th Feb 2019 9:43pm
green-oval-nut

This one was well looked after by all previous owners apart from the last one who owned it for a couple of months, I have been slow to get stuff done, but just about kept on top of it until recently where I have just gone hell for leather. But can't complain for the mileage and the bits that have had to be done which are to be fair, only wear and tear items.

I disagree about them having limited off roading capabilities though as I have taken both of mine off road plenty of times including soaked marsh land, thick mud, etc... and use every function available to keep it going. And I do it on road tyres Laughing

It is usually more down to the driving skills than the cars capability though. I found this even when I drove a 2.0 Frontera Sport, completely road standard, yet I was the only one not getting stuck verses the heavily off road so called prepared Frontera's that were.

Post #506627 27th Feb 2019 10:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 21 of 43 <123 ... 202122 ... 414243>