Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Remapped 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 23 of 43 <123 ... 222324 ... 414243>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

Finally got all the vinyl wrapping done. Most of the trims are back on the car. Damaged 1 door by accident doing it and now need to get a touch up pen Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing

Many little air bubbles that will need sorting at some point. And 1 rear panel is still off of the car drying as I had to use gorilla glue to seal an end where it won't be visible and need to use tiger seal to stick both back side panels to the side of the car again as I broke the original seals to get them off.

Other then that, I am very happy with the the new look. So my V8 doesn't look like every other L322 on the road Very Happy

Didn't have the time, evergy or pain threshold to fit the bonnet release cable. That is something I am planning for tomorrow afternoon though.

Post #514381 5th May 2019 5:19pm
green-oval-nut

Tiger sealed the rear trims back on, and trial fitted new lights that I am adding soon. Not got the energy to fit the bonnet release cable though.

Post #514448 6th May 2019 12:00pm
green-oval-nut

No more hot smells coming from the front or jerky gearbox behaviour after a run. Had a brand new genuine LR oil cooler fitted yesterday, I cannot believe the difference having that 1 part changed has made to the drive of the car.

I was able to drive into London, and drive fast on the motorway for a good distance, and get home with everything still working as it should.

Now got a bit of wheeling and dealing to do to get some more funds together to carry on with my plans for this beast.

Alloy wheels, spotlights, front drivers airbag, front drivers height sensor are next on the list after fitting the bonnet release cable.

Post #515036 11th May 2019 11:07pm
knares

Australia 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

[quote="green-oval-nut"]

very nice
what kind of diagnostic tool do you use RR 2005 4.4 petrol
Any spelling mistakes are the fault of spellchecker
Previous MG J2, CITROEN light 15 x 2 gone unfortunately
Present MERC 180e, RANGE ROVER L322, JAGUAR XJS, MERC 280SE, MG F, JAGUAR S-Type 6v 2003, jaguar s-type 8v 2004, Ford Cougar

Post #515045 12th May 2019 4:53am
green-oval-nut

Lynx Evolution. But beware of the annual fee they charge for updates which in the UK is currently £115. I only found this out a year after buying it and checked the very small print. Can be used without updates though which is what I am doing at the moment.

Post #515113 12th May 2019 6:18pm
green-oval-nut

Sunday involved a 50 mile round road trip to pick up my latest ebay bargain & project. A very large roof box. So thinking I was being clever, fitted the roof bars to the car, and then headed over. Very Happy Got the roof box on the roof, only to find the clamps weren't big enough for Land Rover roof bars Shocked Rolling Eyes Embarassed I have never fitted a roof box to a car before, so assumed they were all the same and fitted any roof bars. Laughing Luckily the roof box did fit in the back with the seats down.

We were supposed to be going on holiday this year, which would have involved a full car without the luggage, so needed something extra to carry stuff. The only down side is, the roof box is a Saab roof box. Had no idea. But it doesn't have Saab printed on it. It is a Skandibox. Came with 3 keys on 3 Saab Keyrings Laughing

I plan on repainting the entire roof box in it's original colours, and replacing all the rubbers.

Click image to enlarge

Post #515149 12th May 2019 11:18pm
green-oval-nut

I have now fitted the spot lights and additional fog light combination units, but annoyingly the 100w bulbs for the spot light side and the 2 wiring kits I ordered had not arrived in time for me to fit them today. So the lights are bolted on for looks only Laughing Hoping the weather is good at the weekend so I can get a whole list of jobs ticked off the list and finished.

Post #515464 15th May 2019 8:59pm
green-oval-nut

I am stoked. Oscar can finally go long distance Very Happy put it through its pace today, been all over Kent, Essex and North East London, and no more hot smells. The gearbox works perfectly Very Happy So all it took was a Solanoid, wiring loom, radiator and oil cooler Laughing But got there in the end. Now just need to get the wheels I have finished and fitted.

The photo was taken at a restaurant where building works have blocked all the disabled bays, so with permission, I had to park across 2 bays.

Met 2 lovely people today. 1 owned a 2008 Overfinch, the other a 2002 Vogue. Thoroughly worn out after my day out though.

Post #515534 16th May 2019 4:41pm
BMG

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

Only just noticed, you are running two of these - double the brave pill !

Post #515840 19th May 2019 3:28pm
green-oval-nut

Not as scary as you think Laughing

Post #516029 21st May 2019 1:57am
green-oval-nut

Unexpectedly found myself with a few hours spare, so decided to finish one of my started jobs.
The additional lights comprise of fog and spot lights. There are are 2 additional wiring looms and relays but the switch wires have been connected to the factory main beams and fog lights to make them activate the lights.

100w spotlights and standard uk spec fog bulbs, E marked lights, will align them properly at the weekend.

Very happy with results.

Click image to enlarge

Post #516130 21st May 2019 9:54pm
green-oval-nut

Wednesday saw another day of outstanding performance. Over 200 miles travelled looking at 4 different Range Rovers for my neighbour. Sods law say the one that was closest to home was the one he chose in the end Laughing But he is covering my fuel costs, and to be honest, despite of the fact that I refractured my left foot looking at cars, I enjoyed the hunt though. But Oscar didn't miss a beat. Now time for a couple of days off as Tank is taking up the slack now.

Post #516252 22nd May 2019 11:42pm
green-oval-nut

Todays job is the rear parking sensor. Fed up with it not working. I can park without them in most places, but the long BEEEEEEEEP to say there is a fault has Censored me off for the last time. So my day of rest before the evening kicks off is now an afternoon of working on the car, before I take my neighbour down to collect his 1st Range Rover L322.

Post #516425 24th May 2019 1:58pm
green-oval-nut

Replaced the rear left parking sensor, pretty easy job, a bit fiddly but got it done, had to drill it out, then use a grabber tool to pry out the remainder of the sensor as it literally fell to pieces. Sensors now working again Bow down But the front right sensor is being an intermittent pain now Big Cry Laughing So going to get one ordered in a minute and add that to my to do list.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #516430 24th May 2019 3:46pm
green-oval-nut

Oscar has kept me on my toes today. Only niggly things. But the plan was, 1 parking sensor and the bonnet release cable.
The bonnet release cable went well. So simple to do, although a little fiddly getting the old one to separate from the coupling. But genuine LR part fitted. Replaced the front right parking sensor today, all great for 5 seconds, then the rear start playing up, so I did live data, and found the right rear was playing up, luckily I bought 3 sensors yesterday. 2 good condition, 1 works but not going on, but anyhow, worked great, then the sensors started playing up again, so did live data gain, and sure as hell, the inner right one is now dead Confused Laughing So I have bought one online in the right colour for £11.99. Glad they are dead easy to fit though. Drilled the old ones out was the easiest option for the rear, but the front corner sensors can be accessed from the fog light hole luckily. So 1 more sensor to go Laughing

Not had time to address the style of wheels fitted as yet either, as I have been collared by my neighbour with the hunt for a Range Rover for him and the one he bought needs work, so now got 3 to look after Laughing But it keeps me out of trouble. And I love working on these motors.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #516708 27th May 2019 7:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 23 of 43 <123 ... 222324 ... 414243>