Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > SOTA
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
nubbin

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

I got an email from JLR last night telling me that SOTA updates for ICTP -

"A wireless software update will soon be available for your vehicle. Software updates provide a way of updating core software on your vehicle at your convenience in order to maintain and improve its capabilities without the need to visit a retailer.

This update will cover optimisations to your InControl Touch Pro system to improve its performance and functionality. When the update becomes available, you will receive a pop-up notification on the infotainment - you can also check for the update through the Settings Menu."

It goes on to tell you how to perform the update etc. Anyone else had this?

Post #522532 23rd Jul 2019 10:05am
Chalky

United Kingdom 

No, not had that but my car is with dealer at present and I've asked them to update for SOTA if it's available.

No doubt they'll tell me if it isn't ready yet. Yawn All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #522534 23rd Jul 2019 10:11am
Lyonhead

Wales 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

Correct me if I’m wrong Gents Whistle ,

But surely 90% if not a 100% of people on this forum that owns a vehicle which supports SOTA and no doubt registered with LR as a vehicle owned by these same people via the Warranty details, should receive the same email that nubbin has had.......
but again LR are shooting themselves in the foot Censored Censored

Why is it soooooooo hard to get the basics correct first. Big Cry Big Cry

Trying to find out information that people should know is like pulling teeth, Dealerships all doing their own thing instead of towing the LR line and just misinformation being bantered about from LR Customer Services themselves right down to the person sat at a Dealership.

This sort of thing really grips my Censored .

Other than that, still very pleased with my car as I have been with all the others I have had in the past and maybe that’s the problem. LR know that people will still buy them whatever happens Whistle 19MY SVA-Dynamic Spectral Chromoflair Blue but colour not available in profile
2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue - Gone
2010 RRS 5.0 Supercharged Navara Bronze - Gone
2008 RRS 4.2 Supercharged Black - Gone
2006 RRS 2.7 Diesel Rimini Red- Gone

Post #522579 23rd Jul 2019 6:18pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Well I certainly have not had the email re SOTA!! Whistle Banging Head All LR cars from 1984

Post #522580 23rd Jul 2019 6:35pm
nubbin

Never mind Chalky - here's a copy of the e-mail for you to seethe over -

Click image to enlarge

HTH!! Thumbs Up

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #522700 25th Jul 2019 12:04am
Fifth Horseman

Scotland 2018 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Found this https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/software-update.html on JLR's website, if you believe it.

Worth noting that in the FAQs it states that for updates to the Telematics (as opposed to the Touch Pro system) " Installation requires 35mins, where the vehicle cannot be used."

Post #522709 25th Jul 2019 6:12am
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Thanks Nubbin!!

My car has just had a completely new infotainment module installed as I had so many problems with it re connectivity.

It is due back this morning, but I still don't know if I can do SOTA! All LR cars from 1984

Post #522722 25th Jul 2019 9:49am
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Got the car back this morning and SOTA now up and running!! As mentioned in another post, they replaced the main MCU so Internet & Wifi all working 100%!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Whistle

Hopefully the car will stay that way as it's the only problem I've had.

Other than that, I drove down from Thurso,Caithness on Sunday in one go (731.7 miles!!). It took just on 11 hours and the car was so brilliant and comfy to drive (like sitting in an armchair), I could have turned round and driven back such was the lack of tiredness!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up All LR cars from 1984

Last edited by Chalky on 24th Dec 2019 1:02pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #522751 25th Jul 2019 2:59pm
nubbin

Nice one Chalky! That's a proper result given your tribulations! Thumbs Up

Epic journey as well! Shocked I've started doing a few slightly longer journeys around Yorkshire, looking for a new house to retire to - I get the same sense that you're hinting at, of untroubled, serene progress which prevents tiredness and makes journeys a pleasure rather than a chore.

Post #522805 25th Jul 2019 9:58pm
Ocean53

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Corris Grey
SOTA

Great help from Q86ARR
Think I’m now all connected for SOTA

Post #522966 27th Jul 2019 12:19pm
Jase71

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Santorini Black

He’s a great guy for helping us all. I think the long term issue is missing the future updates depending on whether they apply them to our cars without manually assigning the update files via the garage.. 2017 Range Rover Vogue V6 Diesel
2006 Range Rover Vogue V8 Diesel - gone

Post #522967 27th Jul 2019 12:23pm
calisnoopy

United States 2017 Range Rover HSE 3.0 SC V6 Firenze Red

Hi hi kinda new to this forum but was wondering if anyone could help...

I have a 2017 Range Rover HSE

Brought my car in to the local Land Rover service dept and had the infotainment software updated to the latest version but when I picked up my car, I asked if SOTA was turned ON successfully and they told me they can't do that yet on any 2017 models (even though I've seen other 2017 RR owners mention and show that they have INDEED been about to get SOTA turned ON for their vehicles by the Land Rover service depts)

So far, seems like RR owners on the forums know more about the latest RR updates/recalls than anyone I've come across who works at the Land Rover Dealers' sales or service depts 😯

(Pics 1-3 are from after picking my car up with the updated software version)

Pic 4 with no label is from before taking my car in to Land Rover service

This may sound dumb but can you tell from these attached pics if SOTA function was indeed turned on for my car?

When I click on "Check for Updates" it checks for a few seconds or so and then will just pop up a message saying that I have the latest software version installed already...and since I think mine is the latest version out there (19A4) I can't really test it to try and find a newer version and see if it let's me download it over the air successfully...

I also tried checking TOPIx online after registering and logging in but my TOPIx page doesn't seem to show the "software" tab that many others on here have mentioned (where you can slide a tab to turn ON SOTA and see for sure if SOTA has already been turned on for your vehicle)

Pic 5 and Pic 6 is how my TOPIx page looks when I log in via Safari mobile browser on my iPh

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Pic 7/last pic is my TOPIx page looks using MS Edge browser on Windows 10 laptop

(when I try to click on the N347 Software Over the Air tab at the bottom of the "Outstanding Campaign" list, it just pops up a message saying access is denied and a subscription is needed to view this document?)

Just wanted to see if I'm missing anything before paying for the TOPIx subscription...

Thank you in advance for any feedback or info on this 😇 2017 Range Rover HSE V6 Firenze Red with Black Design Package and 22" 7 Split-Spoke Style 7007 Gloss Black Finish Wheels

Post #527486 9th Sep 2019 7:58pm
calisnoopy

Q86ARR wrote:
When looking for the software tab you need to be using new features of TOPIx and then use the view all vehicle details option from the top right hand corner

When I login to TOPIx...I see the exact TOPIx page you shared (no software tab that's mentioned by other owners)?

May I ask how you got it to finally work/show the software tab and be able to select/switch on SOTA there?

What I see when I log into TOPIx via iPhone Safari browser
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Same thing when I log into TOPIx from my laptop MS Edge browser

2017 Range Rover HSE V6 Firenze Red with Black Design Package and 22" 7 Split-Spoke Style 7007 Gloss Black Finish Wheels

Post #527494 9th Sep 2019 9:55pm
calisnoopy

For those who initially could NOT see the "software tab/enable SOTA" from TOPIx, how did you guys finally get it to work?

And do most owners here pay to subscribe to TOPIx full time (like an annual/constant membership)?

I've noticed some mentioning concerns of not being notified/able to know that despite finally enabling SOTA via TOPIx right now, they wouldn't know when a new SOTA update is available and manually OK permission/do the update again at future times...

Is this cos you have to have a full time paid subscription to TOPIx for them to email/notify you that a new SOTA software update is available for your specific vehicle, by VIN, or else you wouldn't get the memo about needing to go into TOPIx to manually enable these future updates?

(Hopefully that's not the case since that doesn't make so much sense lol...but just wanted to get clarification on that? 2017 Range Rover HSE V6 Firenze Red with Black Design Package and 22" 7 Split-Spoke Style 7007 Gloss Black Finish Wheels

Post #527496 9th Sep 2019 10:05pm
adara

Romania 2019 Range Rover Vogue 2.0 PHEV Santorini Black

When occasionally going to the TOPIx page (which sucks if you don’t have a subscription) a few weeks ago, I noticed an announcement about a software update, but it wasn’t available in my car. The dealer explained that one needs to call in order for them to enable the upgrade and then it will appear on the menu. But how are we supposed to know if/when it is available? Now the message from TOPIx has disappeared (but I got a screenshot).

2019 Vogue P400e

Post #538373 24th Dec 2019 8:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>