Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Remapped 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 29 of 43 <123 ... 282930 ... 414243>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

First step taken to getting my V8 back on the road, in fact, I should be collecting it hopefully on Saturday.

I delivered a brand new Delphi complete air strut unit to the garage where the car is. Once that is fitted, It will be safe to drive home, then on the first dry day I get, I will be removing the drivers side sidestep, and hopefully fitting the replacement sidestep that I have. Just got to hammerite it for extra protection.

I also grabbed 3 more RRS wheels at a mega bargain price.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Looking forward to getting my car back now.

Post #530525 10th Oct 2019 8:13pm
ur20v

A Trap 

Deleted

Last edited by ur20v on 4th Oct 2021 2:31pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #530540 11th Oct 2019 6:25am
knares

Australia 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

yes RR 2005 4.4 petrol
Any spelling mistakes are the fault of spellchecker
Previous MG J2, CITROEN light 15 x 2 gone unfortunately
Present MERC 180e, RANGE ROVER L322, JAGUAR XJS, MERC 280SE, MG F, JAGUAR S-Type 6v 2003, jaguar s-type 8v 2004, Ford Cougar

Post #530583 11th Oct 2019 11:59am
ur20v

A Trap 

Deleted

Last edited by ur20v on 4th Oct 2021 2:31pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #530585 11th Oct 2019 12:24pm
green-oval-nut

Cheers for comments and advice. On stage 2 of the complaint process now anyway before I refer it to the ombudsman, But got the key back for Oscar this morning. Had to leave him near the garage as I couldn't arrange someone else to come with me, and the only time I could collect it tomorrow would have been after the garage closed Laughing

The air suspension no longer drops after being parked up, however the Accident repair centre who I have worked out on the mileage have driven the car about 40 miles with the front corner collapsed and the compressor kicking in and out, the compressor is very weak.

But it is in standard road height now, and I will be digging out the rebuild kit that I have, and rebuild either the one on the car, or the spare one I have.

Depending on what happens time wise with the guy coming out to finish dismantling the breaker for me, if he is finished by the time my other half gets back from work, then I will be bringing Oscar home tonight.

But I have an urgent list to deal with....

1. Stale Fuel. I plan on putting fuel treatment in and topping it up with fresh fuel, I think there is about quarter of a tank of stale fuel in it.
2. Weak compressor. Got to rebuild my spare one or rebuild the one on it.
3. Remove the dangerous sidestep. It has several layers of tape across the break, but the edges are still razor sharp underneath.
4. Drivers door won't shut without issue. The bent hinges will need to be adjusted.

Can't wait to get it home. Even if it does mean that I have 2 Range Rovers and a C-Max to myself until February next year Rolling with laughter

Post #530587 11th Oct 2019 1:26pm
gj88

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

Ombudsman can't do anything until the complaints process is complete, so zero point in trying to involve them early as suggested.

Seems to be absolutely shocking service in here, so I'm glad you named the Insurer. I don't know what they're playing at with even the smallest of decisions, so unless there's been any detail missing in this thread that changes things (not suggesting for a second there is) then it'll be a very simple matter for the FOS to deal with, and I'd expect them to come down hard on Admiral, with significant compensation making it's way across to you.

The second Admiral issue a final decision letter, if it isn't to your liking, then head straight to the FOS. Bear in mind that the Insurer only has a max of 8 weeks to respond fully to your complaint from when first submitted. It's a hard deadline, so if that passes without a response, then as above, straight to the FOS. Good luck

Post #530727 13th Oct 2019 11:29am
green-oval-nut

They gave a conclusion to the first complaint, but actually no explanation for not repairing the car other than the suspension damage was given. 2nd complaint has been submitted. I won’t be dealing with nothing though, let alone driving for a week I think as I have landed myself back in hospital with further complications from surgery I had December last year and now require major surgery tomorrow.

Post #530767 13th Oct 2019 4:08pm
Gsxr1250dave

England 

Glad your getting the car back on the road again as iv followed your epic thread since you got it.
If you need a hand with anything drop me a message as I'm pretty local and some say handy with a spanner.

Post #530792 13th Oct 2019 7:20pm
green-oval-nut

Cheers for the offer Gsxr1250dave, I am now on forced rest Shocked Laughing

Friday last week I was rushed into hospital after passing out from pain, was sent home Saturday with medication I was allergic to. (Didn't know I was allergic at the time), I did a huge 150 mile round trip while I was very ill on the Saturday, then again woke up in A&E on Sunday morning after even worse pain than what knocked me out Friday. Turned out I have Gall Stones, Had Kidney stones and my liver had all but shut down on me. So stuck in Hospital from Sunday until Tuesday, then after the morphine started wearing off, I realised I was itchy and had severe chest pains, passed out again, then ended up back in A&E to find out that I was in fact allergic to the medication I was given Big Cry Rolling with laughter But also stressed as someone hit and run my V8 while it was parked on my road, can't legally name the guys yet, but the contractors who thought I was timid, all backed off after I hit the roof twice at them. I found the damage upon arriving home fresh from hospital.

Then the following morning at 4.53AM, a guy who clearly can't read the giant sign the read Footway Closed, decided that because I had parked against the barriers to allow emergency vehicles to pass, which turned out was needed, Both Ambulance and Fire brigade had to get through, that he would go around the other side of my car and smash the mirror. Caught on camera, and stupid idiot walks past every morning at about the same time. This story is going on the TD6 diary.

Post #531188 17th Oct 2019 12:45am
knares

Australia 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

O to be in England HAHAHA RR 2005 4.4 petrol
Any spelling mistakes are the fault of spellchecker
Previous MG J2, CITROEN light 15 x 2 gone unfortunately
Present MERC 180e, RANGE ROVER L322, JAGUAR XJS, MERC 280SE, MG F, JAGUAR S-Type 6v 2003, jaguar s-type 8v 2004, Ford Cougar

Post #531190 17th Oct 2019 4:22am
Gsxr1250dave

England 

I feel your pain having had my gallbladder out some years ago after being misdiagnosed for over 18 months and having suffered kidney stones since my late teens. Hopefully they will sort it out and remove it.
As for the car damage that's just something else if you have cctv of the guy doing it get the fuzz involved

Post #531195 17th Oct 2019 8:07am
green-oval-nut

Police were contacted, cctv given to them, even told them what I was planning to do 😂 I was out in the car from 4.20am to 5.20am. I think I screwed up as all the neighbours knew what I was going to do, think he might of got a heads up! I’m not giving up though.

Post #531215 17th Oct 2019 11:19am
green-oval-nut

Can put a small update now regarding the insurance claim, the handler involved in my claim revealed some information that I have already proved to be outright lies. I am submitting a formal complaint regarding the complaint handler tomorrow evening after I am out of hospital. They have told me to submit invoices for work carried out relating to the accident to see if they will reimburse me.

But now I am taking this to the Ombudsman as I have evidence backing everything that I have stated which I told the insurance company on at least 16 occasions that I had, and was ready to send it as soon as they requested it, and failed to request it.

However my health is at the top of my list for dealing with, then the car second.

Going back to the car, I have been using it again, but now the air compressor is extremely weak and it takes ages for the suspension to raise. Also doing a huge favour for someone, I let them have my window switch pack out of the V8. So had to source another one which I am collecting tomorrow. But the V8 is not being used for a couple of days anyway.

Post #531836 22nd Oct 2019 7:33pm
green-oval-nut

Over 3 years of ownership, and I still learn new things about how these beasts work. For instance, I learned that the air suspension will not adjust without the electric window switches plugged in Shocked Laughing

I decided to start putting the door card back together with the new switches and then discovered something I hadn't noticed before, some of the tabs that clip the door card on had parted ways with the door card Big Cry

So now got the door card in and gluing them back on. And I thought I had bought an identical in colour setup door card, as it came from an identical Range Rover with the same colour seats, but the beige is much lighter. So the original door card is being sorted. Also sending my other half to get some magic erasers later to clean the door cards up.

I now also have a 2nd parcel shelf, so both my Range Rover's now have 1 each.

Post #532123 25th Oct 2019 4:55pm
green-oval-nut

Spent most of the day out playing in my other Range Rover. But when I got home, I decided to give the magic erasers a try after the dodgy accident repair centre left my interior looking like a coal miner owned it.

Shocked at how well it worked. Going to buy more and do the rest of the interior too.

Click image to enlarge

Post #532238 26th Oct 2019 9:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 29 of 43 <123 ... 282930 ... 414243>