Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Black Remapped 2004 TD6 Autobiography
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 18 of 18 <123 ... 161718
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

Finally finished the install. Rear LED's fully wired up and working, parking sensors in the right order Laughing but still need to wash the car and polish the bumper. I lost the top trim for a while but tracked it down, I decided to paint it before it goes back on.

Once the bumper is polished, I will put the rear mud guards back on.

Click image to enlarge

Post #554083 16th May 2020 5:15pm
green-oval-nut

Final after photo’s of my LED bumper lights installation. I activated the lights using diagnostics which is why no reg lights are on and why only 1 side at a time lit up for the tail lights.

Post #554130 16th May 2020 10:58pm
green-oval-nut

Decided as one of my boredom busting jobs today, to do the spotlights, figured it would be all of 20 minutes at the most to bolt them. Boy was I wrong Shocked Despite this nudgebar never having lights on it before, 2 of the 4 bolt hole covers were missing. So 1 hole is soo badly corroded that I can't even get a bolt to start turning despite cleaning it out. The other corroded hole was rescued. But test fitted the spotlights with just 1 bolt in each side fitted to see if I still wanted to fit them. So now my decision is more reinforced and I need to come up with a solution to the bolt hole on one side. But the spotlights have got 100w bulbs fitted, and I haven't fitted the wiring kit yet. However I now only have 1 shot at getting these on this week as my new toy arrives on Thursday. Lets hope the weather holds out.

Post #555305 25th May 2020 9:28pm
green-oval-nut

Spot lights never made it on as I am having issues with 1 bolt hole for the brackets for the spotlights, and my new toy arrived. However this being my only usable car or WAS my only usable car with a towbar, I took the trailer up to collect parts for the other project, made it most of the way home, and as I was accelerating up a hill on the A21, Fuel Injection System Error came up Shocked and I lost most of my power, the car was utterly gutless, just like when injector 1 went last year. So limped it home as I remembered how much of a nightmare it was to restart when the injector went. Turned it off at home, restarted it, first flick of the key, it fired straight up. However the Viscous fan was on solid for the entire journey, but the temp gauge was reading normal and plenty of coolant in the system, but my cowling is missing on the radiator, so wondering if my car did get too hot. So now I have pulled tank from his duties which leaves me I a bad situation. Mona my diesel ML is in the garage with the rebuilt Turbo being sorted which is still faulty and because of lockdown, could be with the garage up to a month, maybe even longer, my V8 is out of action as I can't guarantee the starter motor will work when I need it to and I it needs an airflow meter, and the V6 petrol ML is misfiring Shocked and to really take the mick, the campervan that I would have used instead, was taken down to my parents to get it out of the way, so may have to go and retrieve it Rolling with laughter But I have ordered a radiator cowling for Tank and that should arrive on Tuesday, as well as an airflow meter for Oscar, should come at the same time. But the next challenge is the weather. I checked the injectors on live data with it in reverse, the readings are fine. But looks like it is a Censored up between getting Tank or the Project V6 ML fixed so I can use that instead for a while. Just hoping fitting the new cowling will solve whatever the issue is.

Doesn't help that I am having some really bad days with my health at the moment, so things are moving even more slowly with all projects.

Post #556736 6th Jun 2020 10:46pm
green-oval-nut

Absolutely gobsmacked at the difference a missing radiator cowling makes! Lost power, fuel injection system faults, hot smell from under the bonnet. Well.... Radiator cowling now replaced and not a moment too soon! Upon removing the used viscous fan that I fitted a while ago, discovered that a chunk of the fan was missing Shocked Luckily I had been lazy and hadn't thrown my old one away and swapped the viscous unit onto my old fan. Pleased to say, all the horses are back under the bonnet and wow, does this thing move again Shocked Very Happy Laughing And all the associated faults have gone.

Post #557608 13th Jun 2020 9:51pm
green-oval-nut

Latest problem found. When towing it would come up fuel injections system error. My friend swore it couldn't be another injector. So took it to him after I had run diagnostics and couldn't see anything obvious. And my friend then admitted, it has to be an injector, so did a leak off test, sure as hell, injector number 3 this time Laughing Now replaced and all running great again. 4 other injectors started showing signs of failing. So added them to my list for a later date. But as my diesel ML is being nothing but a Censored and seems to like living at a garage, Tank has taken up the slack. over 400 miles to do in 1 day on the 17th whilst towing my trailer to collect parts, run diagnostics on a Discovery's and Range Rover's between Kent and Nottingham, and to visit a friend. So now that Tank is ready to go. I am happy.

Post #560146 4th Jul 2020 1:51am
green-oval-nut

Well..... my car collection has changed again Laughing I got fed up with the ML, so now gained a 3rd Land Rover to the collection. I now have a Discovery 2 TD5 in addition to both Range Rovers. But the ML almost bankrupted me so other areas of repairs are having to be put on hold for 1 month. Luckily this Range Rover only needs a door cable to be fitted at the moment. But I have a D2 that kills itself in the rain. So need to sort that out first, then work out which car will be towing the trailer on my 400+ mile road trip next week.

Click image to enlarge

Post #560732 8th Jul 2020 11:53pm
MonteCarlo

United Kingdom 

I've got a D2, i'm assuming it's a TD5?

Looks like a nice motor MY2001 Range Rover P38 Vogue 4.6
MY2005 Jaguar S type 3.0 SE
MY2000 Land Rover Discovery II TD5
MY1987 Bentley Turbo R "project"
MY1977 Rolls Royce Silver shadow. "project"

Post #560834 9th Jul 2020 9:38pm
green-oval-nut

Yes it is a TD5 Manual. Only base model. Broken screen, wet fuse box, wider rear tyres to the front, and many more issues. Shocked But I have already started getting my teeth into sorting it. I was supposed to be taking the Disco on a mega road trip next week, but the V5 hasn't come through just yet and I didn't get a green slip, so can't get a trailer plate made up, and the screen is broken and not actually attached to the car and the earliest windscreen appointment is the 20th. So I will be taking the RR.

My next 2 jobs on the RR are sorting the slow puncture on the rear, and changing the passenger door external handle cable. But between the V6 ML, and the Disco needing work, I don't have the time to get the RR sorted yet. And to top it off, the starter motor has completely died on the V8, so that isn't even in use at the moment.

Post #560850 10th Jul 2020 12:47am
green-oval-nut

The slow puncture turned out to be a dented wheel Shocked

Tyre now swapped onto another wheel that I had so now no longer having to pump the tyre up every day Laughing
And while I was at it, I changed the wheels on the Discovery, only to discover 1 wheel wasn't a genuine wheel and had a crack in it Shocked

Shouldn't be long before my Range Rover can start doing less miles. However, I might be selling the TD6 Autobiography soon as the Discovery will be doing the towing and the V8 Range Rover will be my toy. Depends on finances and insurance renewal prices.

Post #562419 23rd Jul 2020 12:58pm
green-oval-nut

Feeling sad and conflicted. Covid-19 brought a whole new challenge, Literally destroyed my finances along with that horrid ML270 that I got rid of. So ended up in a position where I had to sell at least 1 car. My heart is broken, but a guy has flown in from France to buy my car. He will be arriving tomorrow, and most likely driving away in my pride and joy. But push come to shove, I had to decide between selling the V8 or the TD6. The V8 won Laughing If he doesn't buy it, then I will muddle on and keep Tank and try and raise my business back from the grave the hard way. But if Tank sells, It will allow me to reduce my outgoings, and put some money into my V8 and my TD5 and get a car transporting trailer and clear enough debt to get myself back on track. I have been concentrating on getting the V6 ML finished as well as I am going to be selling that on. And going back down to 2 cars for myself plus the campervan. So my head is saying, this is the right thing to do. My heart is screaming, being almost bankrupt is worth it. We will see what happens.

Post #563026 29th Jul 2020 8:19pm
green-oval-nut

Very very sad to say, My wonderful, faithful, reliable and trusty Tank has is no longer owned by me and is on its way to France to live with its happy new owner. It was and is extremely hard for me to let go of this and I regret every second it has gone. But Covid19 and my 270 ML almost bankrupted me. Now with the cash injection from this beast, I am whole financially again.

Hope the new owner loves Tank as much as I did. So now I am down to the 1 Range Rover. Oscar my V8.

Post #563098 30th Jul 2020 2:38pm
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

We shall miss the updates but sound's like you're not short of a vehicle and your collection will still keep you busy!
Bon Voyage TD6 ! Thumbs Up Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #563102 30th Jul 2020 2:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 18 of 18 <123 ... 161718