Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Just in time for winter...remote climate retrofit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
154JON

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Santorini Black

Found a possible problem if anyone could confirm is that the seller of the remote quoted part number LR033464 - Land Rover Remote Control Unit but when I have looked on the packet its gone individual code HY32 18D539 AA and not the CPLA18D539AA part number even though it looks exactly the same. Thanks

Post #582897 8th Feb 2021 9:57pm
154JON

Well the timed climate fan came on this morning but the diesel heater did not fire up but I think that was because it was not cold enough in the garage as I think its got to be under 5 centigrade so I have stuck it outside to have another go after its had a little chill.

Post #582933 9th Feb 2021 11:01am
Fifth Horseman

Scotland 2018 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Carpathian Grey

The remote with HY32 as the prefix to the engineering part number is the Land Rover branded one as opposed to the CPLA prefix Range Rover one (which incidentally is double the list price of the LR one Shocked )
They are electrically identical and I have both the LR and RR ones working with mine.

Just to be sure, the pairing procedure from Topix is:

1 - Remove fuse F1 (5A) or F27 (5A) (depending on market specification) from the Body Control Module/Gateway Module Assembly (BCM/GWM). (Located front passenger side)
2 - Wait for a minimum of 5 seconds.
3 - Replace fuse F1 (5A) or F27 (5A) (depending on market specification) in the BCM/GWM then, within 5 seconds, press and hold the remote control OFF switch.
4 - A successful pairing is indicated by the remote control Light Emitting Diode (LED) illuminating red for 2 seconds.

Note - its sometimes easier to unplug the receiver than removing the fuse. The crucial part is pressing the remote off button within 5 seconds of replacing the fuse / applying power to the receiver. Sometimes it may take several attempts to get the remote to pair with the receiver.

Check for HVAC related errors with the IIDTool, there will likely be one for the water valve - you can ignore that, if there are any others post here and we will see what we can do to help.

Post #583061 10th Feb 2021 8:15am
154JON

Thanks for that info the mistake I was making was not pairing the remote within 5 seconds and the remote is now paired but still having a problem, when pressing the remote button the auto climate light flashes and after about 30 seconds the fan comes on and that happens with the remote or timed climate but the diesel heater does not come on and no light on the dash and after the first attempt I got the 2 fault codes I then took the car for a drive and to put some more fuel in so its now on half a tank and cleared the faults and on the 2nd attempt just the single code is triggered so it looks like for some reason no power is getting to the heater have checked fuse F16 in the lower fuses in luggage compartment which I believe is the fuse for the diesel heater and that was fine. With the timed climate the option on the screen to turn the heater on manualy is also not available .
Sorry could not work out how to rotate the pictures
Thanks for any more info and help anyone can provide.

Post #583102 10th Feb 2021 12:22pm
Fifth Horseman

The B12B2 error can be ignored as stated above, if the vehicle didn't have timed climate from the factory the valve isn't fitted.

The B12A6 error is significant as that relates to the electric pump that circulates the water when the heater is active when the engine is off. ISTR that the heater will not operate if a pump failure is detected as a safety feature. Check the cable to the pump - the pump is on the left side of the heater as viewed from the front of the vehicle.

Also check the wiring diagram in the forum wiki

The two connectors to check are C1HA06A and C1HF01B, the view above is from the drivers seat. Check for continuity between the connectors, to the pump there should be a low resistance if there is not the pump motor is likely at fault.

If the pump is at fault it looks a pig to change, requiring removal of the FFBH unit.

Post #583114 10th Feb 2021 1:31pm
154JON

Thanks again for your help I tried the remote again with my ear to the Heater and there was a small click when I pressed the remote so something is happening , is the connector C1HF01B in your latest diagram the same connector as C1HF06 on your diagram on page 4 as the connector C1HFO6 on my car looks the same as in the diagram on page 4 and goes to nothing it just has 2 open holes in the end of it.
Thanks

Post #583145 10th Feb 2021 6:00pm
Fifth Horseman

Just to confuse matters connector C1HF06 and C1HF01B are the same size and shape.
C1HF06 is the power feed to the water diverter valve, the wires to this are green/violet and black.
The wires to the pump connector should be green/orange and white/violet.

Post #583170 10th Feb 2021 7:26pm
154JON

My pump is the same as the one in the picture above, the chopped of pipe on top Is fuel, the chopped of wire just below that to the right I have which goes to the plug which connects to nothing is what I think is for the change over valve which I do not have and the plug below that is connected to the water pump and is fed by wires coming out the top of the heater.
As my fault code says Auxilary heater water pump General electrical failure circuit open I am beginning to think that the water pump is the problem. Unfortunately the plug on the water pump is almost impossible to get to or see do you think that if I can get a 12v supply and earth to the water pump then it should come to life and I should be able to feel some kind of vibration from it to confirm activity or if I chop the 2 wires going to the water pump is it possible to connect a circuit tester to the 2 wires to check if its faulty. Many thanks

Post #583177 10th Feb 2021 8:30pm
Fifth Horseman

Cutting the cable may well be easiest option, as you have found the pump connector is very well hidden.
We have found the wiring diagram is misleading - the cable to the pump actually connects direct into the control board on the Eberspächer FFBH.

Last edited by Fifth Horseman on 25th Feb 2021 1:43pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #583185 10th Feb 2021 10:14pm
PaulL405

Netherlands 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Hi, i have installed the remote and receiver! Thanks!

Can i also program the Timed Climate with Autologic software?

When i actived FHB and PARKHEATING nothing is happening.
The naviscreen still doenst give me the Timed Climate screen Rolling Eyes L405 - 2014 - TDV8 (driving)

Sold:
L322 - 2007 - TDV8
L322 - 2002 - TD6
Classic - 1995 - V8
Classic - 1973 - V8

Post #585008 23rd Feb 2021 7:56pm
spbee

capcgn wrote:
Thank you for your help. I checked and yes I do have the thinn brown cable with a blue stripe.

Ive just disassembled the D pillar in my 2015 vogue se and there are no connectors there on mine either :'(

Post #602588 2nd Aug 2021 1:09pm
marsie

England 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Loire Blue

Just ordered the module and remote for mine, already done the CCF edit and got the timed climate option on the screen so just need to wait for the bits to turn up now. Then wait for cold weather Mr. Green

Paid a bit more for the bits (£70 for the module and £30 for a new key fob) but still a cheap mod Bow down
Thanks for the info and writeup Kev, another gadget added to the list Rolling with laughter
Paul Paul

2014 Range Rover vogue se 4.4sdv8 Loire Blue
1992 Range Rover Vogue LSE 4.2 Ardennes green

Last edited by marsie on 16th Aug 2021 12:41pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #603908 16th Aug 2021 12:39pm
spbee

have you already confirmed the wiring is there ?

Post #603909 16th Aug 2021 12:41pm
marsie

England 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Loire Blue

Yes, found it tucked up behind the soundproofing Thumbs Up Paul

2014 Range Rover vogue se 4.4sdv8 Loire Blue
1992 Range Rover Vogue LSE 4.2 Ardennes green

Post #603910 16th Aug 2021 12:42pm
spbee

Brill Smile saves you installing it yourself

Post #603911 16th Aug 2021 12:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>