Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Well that's is. Ive gone electric
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 8 <12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Thumbs Up

Hopefully it won’t get wedged in the Suez Canal….. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #619015 6th Jan 2022 6:19pm
socialrover

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV6 Santorini Black

I must complement you gentlemen on an excellent , highly intelligent ( both sides ) and well mannered discussion on a very interesting topic .

Fascinating !

Post #619235 8th Jan 2022 9:19pm
Matty1

England 

My plan was always to buy one more ICE car then buy a Tesla once they got to around 30k Used.

I did some man maths and thanks to the government BIK bribe (and negligible "fuel" costs) it's cheaper to lease and run a brand new Model Y that can drive itself than the 12yr old Rangie I was looking at Surprised

Post #620153 16th Jan 2022 12:17pm
Dan_Veluwe

Netherlands 

Choices in live aren't only based on money, at least not for me.

But if JLR goes on like this, I will also turn away for good. I-pace First Edition Santorini & 2nd car Mazda MX-30 Advantage red/black
PHEV P400e Hybrid Autobiography Loire blue= SOLD
D5 SD4 HSE Lux Corris grey = SOLD
D3 TdV6 HSE Lux Vienna Green =SOLD
P300 F-Type 2018 Ultra Blue = SOLD
25t F-Pace 2020 Loire Blue = SOLD

Post #620154 16th Jan 2022 12:25pm
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Make sure you have a good test drive in one so that you like it.

In my opinion, the range and battery and engines are great. The charger network is great as well. But to me that is where it stops.

The fit and finish and place to sit in doesn’t even come close to a 12 year old Range Rover. I also find them generally small and uncomfortable. Knees are up in the air in the back. In the model S the front seating as a passenger is to high. My teenage daughters don’t have enough head room in the back.

So many other manufacturers are coming out with really good cars of way better quality.

I tried several times but they still haven’t improved from when they first launched. Only one that would interest me is the plaid but then you are in Porsche Taycan territory and then it’s an easy choice again 🤣

Naturally a lot of people like them, but coming from a Range Rover I would make double sure if I was you. Even coming from an old one.

Post #620155 16th Jan 2022 12:32pm
Dan_Veluwe

Netherlands 

Yesterday I found this car. Its Chinese but the mother company of Volvo and Polestar.

On the continent they offer a subscription at € 500 pm, with 15.000km pa included.

https://www.lynkco.com/en/

For me it sounds great for a temporary car, like renting it a month in Portugal instead of a normal rental !

For the moment they aren't active in the UK..

Amsterdam
Antwerpen
Berlin
Gothenburg
Hamburg
Munich
Stockholm I-pace First Edition Santorini & 2nd car Mazda MX-30 Advantage red/black
PHEV P400e Hybrid Autobiography Loire blue= SOLD
D5 SD4 HSE Lux Corris grey = SOLD
D3 TdV6 HSE Lux Vienna Green =SOLD
P300 F-Type 2018 Ultra Blue = SOLD
25t F-Pace 2020 Loire Blue = SOLD

Post #620156 16th Jan 2022 12:41pm
Matty1

England 

Yeah it's a hard one. We're quite keen on having a comfortable car this time around after 2 years in a Boxster Laughing .

My GF is a DJ and usually pays a driver for domestic shows. It'll be a bit nicer if her tour manager can just use our own car. I think the supercharger network would be a must in this case unless things are much better now? Charging issues at 4am on the way home would be brutal.

I went to check out a M3 yesterday at Westfield. The interior trim with the plastics and wood dash strip was a bit disappointing and the rear as you mention was a bit cramped. Will have to see if the Y is any better.

Post #620160 16th Jan 2022 1:01pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Slow progress wrote:

Petrol and diesel is on its way out as a mainstream fuel over the next 15-20yrs,

The reason I’m getting (all being well) my ffrr in the coming days is that if I don’t get an l322 now then I probably never will, the next ten years for me are the period etc

Thankyou very much for your input.

I have more or less come to the conclusion , age and time just doesn’t stand still.

I can’t wait 20 years for this all to be finally resolved, I will be brown bread by then!

I’m really tempted by electric, and could perhaps wait two years , as I’m not sure they are quite right yet, almost but not. but but but… I probably only have one more decent car purchase to make … if I buy diesel now, lasts me 5 years, by then electric will be self driving , and as a jibbering wreck, I can mumble my destination and hope Alexa gets the idea of my destination based on previous journeys in my oversized mobility chariot .

Bill Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #620164 16th Jan 2022 1:09pm
Bl4ckD0g

Dan_Veluwe wrote:
Yesterday I found this car. Its Chinese but the mother company of Volvo and Polestar.

On the continent they offer a subscription at € 500 pm, with 15.000km pa included.

https://www.lynkco.com/en/

For me it sounds great for a temporary car, like renting it a month in Portugal instead of a normal rental !

For the moment they aren't active in the UK..

Amsterdam
Antwerpen
Berlin
Gothenburg
Hamburg
Munich
Stockholm

It great. To be honest short term leasing or flexible leasing has existed for a very long time in the UK from a variety of companies and most now have a choice of available EV vehicles as well. There are even some that provide EV choice only. It is not the cheapest cost of ownership/use but it suits some people.

Leasing in the UK is (was) super cheap compared to The Netherlands. Too many times I've given in on impulse, like that VW Golf R for just £173 per month in five door and with DSG. I just couldn't buy a new one that came close to it.

Post #620173 16th Jan 2022 1:52pm
Bl4ckD0g

Matty1 wrote:
Yeah it's a hard one. We're quite keen on having a comfortable car this time around after 2 years in a Boxster Laughing .

My GF is a DJ and usually pays a driver for domestic shows. It'll be a bit nicer if her tour manager can just use our own car. I think the supercharger network would be a must in this case unless things are much better now? Charging issues at 4am on the way home would be brutal.

I went to check out a M3 yesterday at Westfield. The interior trim with the plastics and wood dash strip was a bit disappointing and the rear as you mention was a bit cramped. Will have to see if the Y is any better.

Oh cool! Is she well known? What genre does she play? My daughter made it to Dancefairs hot new young talent after being on stage with Mike Williams at the ADE we are the future event, was going to play in Utrecht, but then covid hit and it all got cancelled. She was only 14. It has been a very hard period for a lot of people in that industry. But yes one of our main motivations to move back to The Netherlands, for the music and events.

Hopefully festivals this summer, we are taking our Polestar 2 to Austria to the Electric Love festival. Fingers crossed.

I found the Y a bit better, but still disappointing for the price point. The charging network is a lot better now, but does require little bit of planning. Tesla is running trials with opening up their chargers in The Netherlands, it will happen here. Many shell forecourts and BP already have charging points and tEV only forecourts already exist.

Anyway good luck with the choice Smile

PS. The Kia EV6 could also be an interesting option, or Polestar 2 and the newly introduced Polestar 3 which is pitched against the Model Y.

Post #620177 16th Jan 2022 2:08pm
Matty1

England 

I wouldn't say well known yet, not outside of the industry anyway. She was Radio 1 Dance Awards breakthrough artist this year and had a few Mixmag Nominations though, this year and next is looking manic (assuming it doesn't all get cancelled).

That's great about your daughter. Very cool that she started so young! I'm sure she'll do great with such a supportive dad. Fingers crossed ELF happens, it looks amazing. I was at an EDM festival in Romania a few years back as a musician and was really surprised at the spectacle of it all! They don't mess around.

Have you had any problems charging your Polestar??

We're thinking of driving to Ibiza next year for the summer so we can bring our dog. Do you recon that would be doable without the supercharger network?

The electric XC90 sounds like it will be good too!

Feels like we're still in that weird early adopter stage like with early smart phones.

Post #620199 16th Jan 2022 5:03pm
Bl4ckD0g

That is fantastic!!! Good luck to her.

Romania is awesome, yes they go full out. Wait until tomorrow land is back on in Belgium. Was it untold or saga you went to? Both are amazing.

We haven’t got our Polestar just yet. I ended up buying a preconfigured one to get one quicker as my wife really doesn’t like her BMW M2 Competition rear wheel drive only. It’s on the boat to Zeebrugge as we speak.

I’ve been looking at route planning as after ELF we want to drop down into Italy and cotes d’Azur and stay down there in a villa for a bit for a chill. My other daughter (19) will drive down in her Evoque to join us. Charging network looks pretty decent actually. But I know what you mean, it’s still a bit scary and unknown.

But we are in no rush so we’ll see, I’m sure you’ll be fine driving to Ibiza. That will be cool. Hehehe we may take a ferry and come across as well.

Post #620214 16th Jan 2022 6:31pm
Bl4ckD0g

Ps. Yes the dog was one of the reasons we choose the Polestar for now. The hatchback layout like the old Saab 900 and 95 is just great. Our Labrador can fit in.

It’s

Post #620215 16th Jan 2022 6:35pm
cass

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

So after another power cut to over 90K homes (that most of the country won’t have heard about as it happened in the North) my daughter is back in one of my fossil burners.
My last post on the subject was tongue in cheek but this has really put her off EVs.
As RR owners we all know that sickening feeling when you lose confidence in a car and now after being out of use twice in 2 months her 6 month old EV is now statistically less reliable than any LR product that I’ve owned in 40 years.

Post #621970 31st Jan 2022 3:58pm
Bl4ckD0g

Even when you take into account the recent fuel shortages?

Post #621971 31st Jan 2022 4:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 8 <12345678>