Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > I'm now a Regeneration trainee nerd--lol
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 22 <123 456 ... 202122>
Print this entire topic · 
Kot

United Kingdom 

Yes I sometimes have to un plug and refit odd2 device when I start the car, if iPhone cant find the VLink wifi signal. 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #633666 4th Jun 2022 8:08am
luxmoggy

Germany 2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Montalcino Red

So I got the active regen this evening. The soot level is still 100%. I could see that the regen was happening also via the fuel consumption. The km until the next service has dropped again. But I expect it to creep up again as has happened after the last regen.

I really think that knowing when the active regen is happening is great, It would have been nice for LR to add that information to the dash. It could be stopping the engine in the middle of an active regen that causes so many issues.

I have another 750km until the next one, I have a long drive planned at towards the end of the month. So hopefully it will happen then. SDV8 AB MY 2020
MINI Cooper S Cabrio
Kit: Jaguar XK140 (in progress - the website is link to build)

Post #633708 5th Jun 2022 12:37am
luxmoggy

another active regen after 750km but the soot percentage is still 100%. Tomorrow I should have another active regen. the km until the next service seems to be staying around the same.

The app is reporting DPF is "Clean and Efficient".

I seem to need to add AdBlue a bit more often. SDV8 AB MY 2020
MINI Cooper S Cabrio

Post #635374 24th Jun 2022 3:57pm
luxmoggy

So I have had 3 regens now at each 750km. The soot % is still at 100. I know that I would have a regen today I was on the motorway (planned).

I switched to sport mode and ensured I had some high revs, as it was happening. It lasted for about 25km. In the end, the soot % dropped to 11. The first time it dropped since I started monitoring.

The KM until the next service dropped 600km. But it had been going up the last couple of weeks. It has been going up between regens and down during.

I would have pulled off the motorway before it was completed if I wasn't monitoring, I ended up driving one extra junction.

The last 4 regens have all been on motorway trips. Only today did I have the idea to rev the engine while it was going on.

I think that I will constantly monitor it. I have the yearly service planned for October at this rate I won't need an extra oil change before then. SDV8 AB MY 2020
MINI Cooper S Cabrio

Post #636592 10th Jul 2022 4:32pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

That's good news that you can now see your soot % over time you will get to see where your active regen trigger point is mine is around 53%. 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #636668 11th Jul 2022 5:01pm
luxmoggy

So today I got to 72%. Still no active Regen. It has been 550km since the last one.
I wonder off they have change the Regen to fixed Km.

At the current soot increase the Regen will happen about 84%.

Currently 6354km until the service is due. SDV8 AB MY 2020
MINI Cooper S Cabrio

Post #637636 23rd Jul 2022 12:40pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

No it cant be by fixed miles/km, as you could do x km at high speed and have passive regen, you could do the same x km in traffic stop start etc and no chance of passive.
The latter would fill the pdf with soot faster than the high speed run.
the trigger has to be soot % and all the other conditions met (whatever they are) ie Engine at operating temp etc etc. Fuel tank level??

Would love to see the JLR flow diagram showing what the etc etc actually is and what their values are.
I also have at times gone into the 70% range before an active regen started but that was early on, they all seem to start mid 50% range now.
Looking at the graphs after a Active regen, its not obvious so far what parameters are involved with the trigger point. 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #637653 23rd Jul 2022 5:17pm
luxmoggy

So I had an active regen today soot 100% and 750KM after the last active regen finished. the soot dropped to 11%.
5310km until the next service... I expect that to creep up the same as happened after the last few...

Something has changed in my system... I will ask when I am at the garage tomorrow but my french isn't great... SDV8 AB MY 2020
MINI Cooper S Cabrio

Post #638080 28th Jul 2022 3:42pm
luxmoggy

So next active regen today at 751km since the last one. In the end, the soot % was still at 100%. The km until the next service dropped 1700km. If I didn't know that an active regen was running it wouldn't take long if I stopped and started during for the next service to arrive very quickly.

So I think that the "Average Distance Between PF Regens" has something to do with when the active regen starts. It increased to 751km today.

One issue today was there were roadworks on the motorway so I wasn't able to keep the speed and revs up. Which I think is why it didn't change the soot %.

My yearly service is booked at the beginning of October, I think I won't need an oil change before then.

I will continue to record the KM, soot %, AdBlue Km and KM until service. Of course, I will still use the monitor when the regens are happening. SDV8 AB MY 2020
MINI Cooper S Cabrio

Post #639217 10th Aug 2022 5:26pm
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

I’d just like to say thanks to Kot & Luxmoggy for their work on this, very interesting and I’m a keen follower, having bought the Vgate kit & Car Scanner Pro software, but my wife loves “her” new car so much, I hardly ever get the chance to play with these new toys, except to nip out & check Soot% then suggest a long weekend run to a country pub if its over 50%’ lol!

Just wanted to voice my appreciation, it still looks like I’ll be doing a 6-monthly oil change due to typical 8-mile journeys, but it’s good to keep an eye on things, and be able to clear any spurious DTC’s.

Shame this kit can’t do a Service reset, I know there are other ways without an IID tool.

Keep it up, chaps! Bow down Bow down Thumbs Up “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #640078 18th Aug 2022 3:18pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

Service reset
---simples 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #640081 18th Aug 2022 3:26pm
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

Thanks Kot, it’s also in the workshop manual you can download on here.

Just as an aside, but related matter, over the past few months, I’ve been logging “Miles to next Service” in the display vs actual miles covered, to try to predict how many actual miles it will be until my next service, and approximately when I will have to do an interim oil change on my TDV6 which does mainly short (16 mile, urban) return runs through the week, plus the odd longer 50 mileish run weekends.
The ratio between actual miles and depleted service miles is 2.63:1, i.e. driving a mile drops the service indicator by an average of 2.63 miles. So currently I have “10,400 miles to service” equals about 4000 actual miles until the next service.
It will be interesting to see if the ratio changes much over time or remains constant’ i.e. the 16000 mile service interval is really only 6000 miles of mainly urban driving.

It would be interesting if others do the same and for the different engines, so we can compare.

Slight thread highjack, sorry Embarassed “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #640263 20th Aug 2022 8:27am
Bill

United Kingdom 

Just posted this in another thread, so apologies if you are reading it twice.

Just changed from the 66. 4.4L to 2022z. 3.00 L engine

Seems regen is at slower speeds. Simply for your info.

Best Bill

Click image to enlarge
 Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #640294 20th Aug 2022 1:28pm
luxmoggy

I am on holiday at the moment. I will share my spreadsheet - when I am home. Where I record Km, km until next service. AdBlue and %soot.

The biggest drop in Km until next service was the day I picked the car up from it last oil change. This was before I could see when a Regen was happening.

I hope that with what I know and keeping my spreadsheet I hope that my oil service should be closer to what they are meant to be.

Knowning i might need to plan longer motorway drives (without traffic) at the right time. SDV8 AB MY 2020
MINI Cooper S Cabrio

Post #640337 20th Aug 2022 7:50pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

Bill wrote:
Just posted this in another thread, so apologies if you are reading it twice.

Just changed from the 66. 4.4L to 2022z. 3.00 L engine

Seems regen is at slower speeds. Simply for your info.

Best Bill

Thanks Bill I have not seen that.
For Interest, I enclose the url to the JLR section of the WS manual regarding DPF system operation.

https://www.fullfatrr.com/gallery/albums/u...ration.pdf[/url]

It confirms what you have posted and helps to exorcise the myths Rolling with laughter Its an interesting read Thumbs Up 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #640362 21st Aug 2022 9:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 22 <123 456 ... 202122>