Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > Drunk purchasing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 8 <12345678>
Print this entire topic · 
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #656810 15th Feb 2023 9:38pm
Hanwellfields

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver

I love this thread. Apologies but I think Gremlin and I have gone off-road, probably Darien Gap Very Happy , off-topic…

Righto. I need to sober up and get back on thread Laughing Current: L322 2011 Zermatt Silver TDV8 Vogue SE, MB GLB AMG35, Renault Clio R200 Cup
Previous: Audi RS4 Avant Nogaro, Audit TT Sline, BMW M3 E92, BMW Z4 3.0i SMG, Macan GTS, Boxster S 986, Touareg V6 TDI

Post #656815 15th Feb 2023 10:33pm
Gremlin500

Embarassed Off Topic

Not quite sure why commenting on a “drunken purchase” is OT?

Nevertheless, I apologise profusely for my subtle indiscretions, however encourage that a sense of humour should always prevail.

Let’s keep this forum in good spirits with a sense of gentlemanly joviality, helpfulness, and above all love for FFRR’s.

Here, here, I say! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #656822 16th Feb 2023 1:16am
Gremlin500

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

OMG!

D-oh! How stupid of me! Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head

I just realised this IS the OFF TOPIC section, so we can say whatever we like and not OT?

Therefore profuse apologies in order AJG, sorry! Embarassed “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #656823 16th Feb 2023 1:27am
AJGalaxy2012

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

Point well raised m'lud.

Perhaps an 'on topic' objection should be raised in the off topic section Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter BMW i3 Electric Car
2012 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8 (now gone)
2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi V6

Post #656824 16th Feb 2023 7:17am
Merchy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Off topic this will be, but.... I re-read this thread and noticed that Gremlin used the words 'Horses, van and burger' in the same sentence. You deserve a medal for bravery Sir Bow down
In my house that would lead to world war III Big Cry

More 'on topic' I noticed that our esteemed drunken purchase thread starter Bean Bow down has started to sell items, ie the 'side bars' Shocked I wish you all the best Sir and hope you get well soon.

Post #660364 26th Mar 2023 7:51am
Gremlin500

@Merchy: Very Happy

You raise the interesting prospect of a Drunken Purchase, er let’s call it enthusiast, turning DP’s into a profitable business, i.e. selling said DP’s and making a million thereby. Shocked
What a wonderful thought! Imagine spending ones’ days drunkenly browsing t’interweb and buying all sorts of lush stuff you didn’t really need, only to later to unwittingly sell it later for a huge profit? Laughing Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Great theme for a comedy movie perhaps, sorry I’ll put my delusional soapbox away now Embarassed “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #660444 26th Mar 2023 10:48pm
Gremlin500

Shocked
Perhaps further apologies are due to Hanwellfields, (who has a great sense of humour, by the way) I absolutely loved his DP trailer (who wouldn’t its totally class) I wasn’t meaning horse burgers, just the ordinary cow variety, I’m actually very fond of horses myself, despite having fallen off a few, although I did have one slight indiscretion in France in my inexperienced 20’s not knowing what “Cheval” steak was on the menu Embarassed

Oh Sh*t! I’m Off Topic, Off Topic again! Off Topic Thud “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #660445 26th Mar 2023 11:05pm
Bean19844

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Bonatti Grey

@merchy

Hahaha thanks mate. Don't worry I'm not ill, you'll see that soon with my next purchase. Whilst not massively intoxicated ive got this for a good price but i figured the side steps would do someone a good turn. If they don't sell soon I'll just throw them in the tip.

Allen

Post #660447 27th Mar 2023 3:15am
Bean19844

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Bonatti Grey

So time too start this up again. Whilst not massively intoxicated one night, I was looking at some mk5 golf gtis. Found one and sent the guy a message so went and picked it up Friday. Fella told me it's had a snapped cam chain for the inlet so I'll get that sorted and use that as a motor to get me too and from work. Range rover is just becoming too expensive now petrol wise along with the insurance and tax increase its starting too hurt my pocket now so that's the plan for this week. Needs a good wash and valet on the inside so took it for a quick jet wash and polished the rear door up so I can see the difference. Looks reasonably clean with 115k on it.

After jet wash

So anyways once I've done this and started polishing the door, neighbours come and grab me. Apparently I've got 2 fairly large parcels too collect.

Do go n pick them up n I'm thinking ok, what have I bought recently.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Quick check on ebay and I've bought myself a new tool box cabinet. Think I need too stop drinking on my nights off from work 😆 🤣 😂

Post #660935 2nd Apr 2023 8:00pm
MR GLOVER

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

Keep you busy for a while Thumbs Up and will cost a lot less to run than the RR

Post #660936 2nd Apr 2023 8:24pm
Gremlin500

TJH1985 wrote:
Gremlin500 wrote:
Off Topic

Currently, I’m looking at a £500 Nilfisk pressure washer, think I need another drink….. it would be so useful, surely she’ll see reason? Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I’ve got a Nilfisk PREMIUM 180 and it’s a nice bit of kit Thumbs Up

Do a buy Mr. Green

@TJH1985: This is all YOUR fault:

Very Happy Thumbs Up You were right, it IS a great bit of kit, but don’t tell me to buy anything else until nearer Xmas, Rolling with laughter “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #660937 2nd Apr 2023 8:30pm
Gremlin500

@Bean19844:

Did the spark for that purchase perhaps come subconsciously from seeing TJH1985’s garage interior a few pages back? He may have a lot to answer for in that case, a bit like a malevolent FFRR Tooth Fairy, tempting others at their most vulnerable, glass in hand. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

@TJH1985: No offence intended, only cheeky humour, of course! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #660940 2nd Apr 2023 9:57pm
Merchy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Nice one Bean, I was scrolling down and saw the Golf, thinking Shocked that's quite sensible, what's going on? then lower down, yes, the inevitable purchase Rolling with laughter Looks like a cracking buy that one, at least most of your DP's are handy items. Bow down

I recently purchased a 12 tonne floor standing hydraulic press, now it is assembled I am thinking of posting a photo of it next Saturday evening just in time for Gremlin ( Glass in hand ) to get tool envy again. Thumbs Up Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I love this thread, we can go off-topic without getting our knuckles rapped Whistle Ner Ner

Post #660947 2nd Apr 2023 11:17pm
TJH1985

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Gremlin500 wrote:
TJH1985 wrote:
Gremlin500 wrote:
Off Topic

Currently, I’m looking at a £500 Nilfisk pressure washer, think I need another drink….. it would be so useful, surely she’ll see reason? Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I’ve got a Nilfisk PREMIUM 180 and it’s a nice bit of kit Thumbs Up

Do a buy Mr. Green

@TJH1985: This is all YOUR fault:

Very Happy Thumbs Up You were right, it IS a great bit of kit, but don’t tell me to buy anything else until nearer Xmas, Rolling with laughter

Rolling with laughter Wait until your shopping for accessories, snow foam lance, wall mount bracket, gutter / under body cleaner etc Mr. Green

@Bean a lift would be handy for the golf Thumbs Up

I’ve been good recently, only picked up a new 25amp charger and a Gap IID Tool both fairly justifiable.

Although I did buy some mountain bike goodies, new rear shock, biking makes LR part prices seem cheap!

Click image to enlarge
 Sold - Bell a 2015 MY16 Loire Blue Autobiography 4.4 SDV8
Previously George a 2007 MY07 Java Black VSE 3.6 TDV8
Previously a 04 MY04 Defender 90 Sad

Post #660956 3rd Apr 2023 8:20am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 8 <12345678>