Post Reply  Down to end
Page 21 of 40 <123 ... 202122 ... 383940>
Print this entire topic · 
Dan_Veluwe

Netherlands 

Kot wrote:
So looking at the Canada Database

https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/VRD...rn=2022668

Interesting looking at the units effected its 987 is that just Canada or Worldwide?

Presumably there have 987 RR of this type been sold in Canada.

It also says 2014/ 2015 / 2016

The VIN range mentioned in previous posts is limited. So I aasume its been cured since MY2018. I-pace First Edition Santorini & 2nd car Mazda MX-30 Advantage red/black
PHEV P400e Hybrid Autobiography Loire blue= SOLD
D5 SD4 HSE Lux Corris grey = SOLD
D3 TdV6 HSE Lux Vienna Green =SOLD
P300 F-Type 2018 Ultra Blue = SOLD
25t F-Pace 2020 Loire Blue = SOLD

Last edited by Dan_Veluwe on 6th Jun 2023 12:09am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #665960 5th Jun 2023 3:04pm
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

“ It also says 2015 / 2016 /2017.”

No, it says 2014 / 2015 / 2016, please edit.

The very reason I purchased a MY2017 vehicle Thumbs Up “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #665976 5th Jun 2023 9:17pm
ajac8

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

Hi all

Here is my current state of email correspondence with JLR...I have not pasted any chase ups (of which there were two nor any rubbish holding emails from them).

Me: 15th Feb 2023
Good afternoon.

As the owner of an early L405 Autobiography I write to seek confirmation as to the current Jaguar Land Rover UK stance regarding the above subject.

As you aware a series of documented catastrophic failures have occurred due to a defective suspension component. You have sought to remedy the matter via recalls in a number of territories most recently Canada (Safety recall N759) however no such recall has been issued in the UK.

I would be grateful therefore if you could confirm to me please:

1. The exact VIN range where the defective components are known to have been fitted on UK Market vehicles and

2. Why no safety recall has been issued on affected vehicles in the UK.

I note your latest recall acknowledges the potential for a persons safety to be affected and therefore am concerned that I or my family may be at risk when using our Range Rover and why our safety is considered to be a lesser concern than in other territories.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Regards

Name address and VIN.[/u][/u]

JLR 5th June 2023

I would like to apologise for the delay in responding to you.

When looking on our system there are no re calls on this vehicle, I can see you mention there has been a safety re call in Canada for the suspension knuckle failure. But there are no re calls inn the UK for this vehicle for the same issue. If you are experiencing issues with this on the vehicle, I would advise you to take the vehicle to an approved Land Rover retailer for them to diagnose the fault.

I remain available to assist further with any questions you may have.

A most excellent piece of subject dodging. First class.

Anyway here is my latest wording in response. I'l update as and when. Merry Christmas...

Me: 6th June 2023
Thank you for your reply however I would politely suggest you have not addressed either of the points / requests made of yourselves. My original email is attached again.

I am fully aware that no recall has been issued in the UK. The question raised (point 2 of 2 in my email of 15th Feb) in was.. why not, given it has been deemed appropriate to do so in other territories?

I also need to confirm that you have not addressed point 1 in my email i.e.. The exact VIN range where the defective components are known to have been fitted on UK Market vehicles.

The issue I have referred to is a serious one and not one likely to disappear. Looking at the documented failures thus far it is only a matter of time before somebody dies as a direct result of this failure issue.

I would like to hope it does not take another three and a half months to get a reply and further hope more consideration is given to what is specifically being asked rather than a high level less than useful response.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you in advance. 405 AB exec seats Baltic and Cirrus
93 RR Classic efi

Remember it's easier to get forgiveness than permission!

Gone in order:
4.4 TDV8 SE - gone to a good home
93 Classic hard dash Plymouth Blue
03 L322 Oslo Blue
2000 Disco TD5 ES Epsom Green
98 P38 Rioja Red
89 Classic Cairngorm Brown

Post #666019 6th Jun 2023 2:55pm
Dgeczi

United Kingdom 

I have spoken again with JLR local dealers and they are unaware of any problems, and although i said google this site because there is no recall they have said that i will always find something if go looking...........

Unbelievable it has not got me thinking the part that i had replaced last year (same steering knuckle left side) maybe defective too

They have said i can bring it into them for them to check it out at my cost and also cost of transporter to get it to them.

Pretty sure JLR are reading all these posts and seriously need to wake up and do something like said above me and my partner were very lucky to walk away, circumstances meant was not on the M1

Post #666079 7th Jun 2023 10:34am
Brid91

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Corris Grey

All

I am the original poster of this issue and thought it may be useful to update everyone on the latest.

DVSA

The government organisation has taken nearly three years from my original complaint to conclude that this is in fact a safety issue and that they are working with JLR to ‘Recall’ all affected vehicles. This appears to be a very slow and cumbersome process with JLR Dealers seeming unaware of the original issue or that a Recall is being organised.

Wording from a DVSA response;

Dear Mr Xxxx

I hope you are keeping well and thank you for raising this concern with us.

DVSA investigates safety defects within the terms of the Code of Practice on Vehicle Safety Defects (the Code), which has the support of the General Product Safety Regulations 2005 (as amended).

Please find attached a copy of the Consumer's Guide to Vehicle Safety Defects for your information and a link to the Code of Practice on Vehicle Safety Defects
at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications...-practice.

The aim being to establish if the defect is a failure due to design and/or construction, which is likely to affect the safe operation of the product without prior warning to the user and may pose a significant risk to the driver, occupants and others. This defect will also be common to a number of products that have been sold for use in the United Kingdom. Typical examples of this could be 'a sudden loss of braking or steering'.
The concern which you have raised is the failure of the O/S suspension for your Range Rover
Vogue SE.

DVSA has investigated this and a number of similar reports of steering knuckle failure, concluding that failure of the steering knuckle is a safety concern as defined within the Code of Practice.

DVSA has therefore recommended that further action (recall) is taken by the manufacturer, and we continue to engage with them on this topic so that a suitable agreement can be reached, and a solution introduced.

Unfortunately, whilst this remains ongoing, I am unable to give you any further information, however, please be assured that DVSA are fully committed to reaching a satisfactory outcome

NOTE: This recall gives justification for claims to be made against JLR for repairs to these components. JLR’s stance previously (in may case) was that ‘they were waiting for the outcome of the investigation before being able commit to compensation’.

JLR-

This appears to be a very broken and disorganised organisation when it comes to managing issues of this nature. Why?

Facts

o JLR Russia - Issued recalls around 2021 for certain VIN’s to have their knuckles replaced.
o JLR Canada - Appear to be issuing recalls for a known number of vehicles (presumably within the known VIN range)
o JLR Saudi - Are inspecting every vehicle when in their workshops and will fit new knuckles FOC if fractures are determined.
o VIN Range – There is a known VIN range for when the defective component was fitted.
o Component - The knuckle was ‘beefed up’ in 2016 according to an ex-factory worker (hence the stop point of the affected VIN’s)
o Chance of rogue items during vehicle manufacture - All FFRR are manufactured in one location and therefore control of the components manufacture, fitting, torque settings, calibration and advice to dealers is all under one roof and no potential for different approaches from different plants across the globe. This all sits with JLR UK.

Issue/Problem Management
You would assume that each Country does not work autonomously and that any recall, safety inspection, replacement on a large scale would need authorisation from Group. You would also assume that is a issue of this magnitude and potential risk to life had been identified in one or more Countries that a holistic approach across all Worldwide Dealerships would have been put in place.

In reality JLR in the UK have hidden behind the DVSA before admitting any kind of liability, even though someone must have known that other Countries were taking positive steps to eradicate the problem.

This all points to a hopeless approach to safety and recall issues on which you would trust the DVSA or other watchdog would take a very dim view on.

Help required-

I would encourage anyone that has suffered similar to report your issue to the DVSA via the following link. https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-recalls-and-fau...ety-defect

If you could also make me aware that would be useful. The DVSA will issue a unique reference number which I will need.

There are currently around 10 known ‘victims’ who have come forward via this post. We keep in touch via a WhatsApp group. Two more have joined this week!

We are all progressing compensation claims but are at different stages of the process but no-one (that we are aware of) has any success to date.

** Does anyone out there have a route to a success for making a claim with JLR? A contact, method, e-mail address, social media route would be most helpful.

Paul

Post #666158 8th Jun 2023 11:08am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

thank you for the update Paul Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #666161 8th Jun 2023 11:35am
Spikey62

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Brid91 wrote:
All

I am the original poster of this issue and thought it may be useful to update everyone on the latest.

DVSA

The government organisation has taken nearly three years from my original complaint to conclude that this is in fact a safety issue and that they are working with JLR to ‘Recall’ all affected vehicles. This appears to be a very slow and cumbersome process with JLR Dealers seeming unaware of the original issue or that a Recall is being organised.

Wording from a DVSA response;

Dear Mr Xxxx

I hope you are keeping well and thank you for raising this concern with us.

DVSA investigates safety defects within the terms of the Code of Practice on Vehicle Safety Defects (the Code), which has the support of the General Product Safety Regulations 2005 (as amended).

Please find attached a copy of the Consumer's Guide to Vehicle Safety Defects for your information and a link to the Code of Practice on Vehicle Safety Defects
at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications...-practice.

The aim being to establish if the defect is a failure due to design and/or construction, which is likely to affect the safe operation of the product without prior warning to the user and may pose a significant risk to the driver, occupants and others. This defect will also be common to a number of products that have been sold for use in the United Kingdom. Typical examples of this could be 'a sudden loss of braking or steering'.
The concern which you have raised is the failure of the O/S suspension for your Range Rover
Vogue SE.

DVSA has investigated this and a number of similar reports of steering knuckle failure, concluding that failure of the steering knuckle is a safety concern as defined within the Code of Practice.

DVSA has therefore recommended that further action (recall) is taken by the manufacturer, and we continue to engage with them on this topic so that a suitable agreement can be reached, and a solution introduced.

Unfortunately, whilst this remains ongoing, I am unable to give you any further information, however, please be assured that DVSA are fully committed to reaching a satisfactory outcome

NOTE: This recall gives justification for claims to be made against JLR for repairs to these components. JLR’s stance previously (in may case) was that ‘they were waiting for the outcome of the investigation before being able commit to compensation’.

JLR-

This appears to be a very broken and disorganised organisation when it comes to managing issues of this nature. Why?

Facts

o JLR Russia - Issued recalls around 2021 for certain VIN’s to have their knuckles replaced.
o JLR Canada - Appear to be issuing recalls for a known number of vehicles (presumably within the known VIN range)
o JLR Saudi - Are inspecting every vehicle when in their workshops and will fit new knuckles FOC if fractures are determined.
o VIN Range – There is a known VIN range for when the defective component was fitted.
o Component - The knuckle was ‘beefed up’ in 2016 according to an ex-factory worker (hence the stop point of the affected VIN’s)
o Chance of rogue items during vehicle manufacture - All FFRR are manufactured in one location and therefore control of the components manufacture, fitting, torque settings, calibration and advice to dealers is all under one roof and no potential for different approaches from different plants across the globe. This all sits with JLR UK.

Issue/Problem Management
You would assume that each Country does not work autonomously and that any recall, safety inspection, replacement on a large scale would need authorisation from Group. You would also assume that is a issue of this magnitude and potential risk to life had been identified in one or more Countries that a holistic approach across all Worldwide Dealerships would have been put in place.

In reality JLR in the UK have hidden behind the DVSA before admitting any kind of liability, even though someone must have known that other Countries were taking positive steps to eradicate the problem.

This all points to a hopeless approach to safety and recall issues on which you would trust the DVSA or other watchdog would take a very dim view on.

Help required-

I would encourage anyone that has suffered similar to report your issue to the DVSA via the following link. https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-recalls-and-fau...ety-defect

If you could also make me aware that would be useful. The DVSA will issue a unique reference number which I will need.

There are currently around 10 known ‘victims’ who have come forward via this post. We keep in touch via a WhatsApp group. Two more have joined this week!

We are all progressing compensation claims but are at different stages of the process but no-one (that we are aware of) has any success to date.

** Does anyone out there have a route to a success for making a claim with JLR? A contact, method, e-mail address, social media route would be most helpful.

Paul

Just to add to Paul's good news from DVSA, is that when a recall is started any historic failures of that part can also be compensated so keep your records, bills and evidence if possible as well. This was mentioned when I was talking to an authorised RR dealer the other day. Even if you had the repair done by and independent garage that should not disqualify you from any claim either.
Steen

Post #666167 8th Jun 2023 12:18pm
Cotswoldsrchilly

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover HSE 3.0 SC V6 Loire Blue

Click image to enlarge

Hi folks, similar story here.

I have talked to two LR Independent dealers who have had 3-4 other similar issues for their clients. Their view was that if they are seeing that many, then LR dealership will be seeing many more.

On their advice I have spoken to JLR customer service this morning and got the email address to log my concern and request for information about when the UK will get a recall on this. They confirmed on the phone that if there is a recall, they will recompense me for the cost of work done to that exact part on the production of a VAT invoice from an approved LR garage (I assume independent would count).

This is the client care email address that JLR gave me this morning: clientcare@jaguarlandrover.com

Here is my email:

[i]Dear Sirs

On 3rd June 2023 I drove my Range Rover 2015 HSE up a 5/6 inch residential street curb at a slight angle, with the offside front wheel mounting the kerb. There was a loud bang and the wheel tilted to 45 degrees, and the top knuckle joint has sheared and failed causing the top half of the wheel suspension to be unsupported. See attached photo. I was travelling at less than 5 miles an hour at the time. There had been no indication of any issues with the suspension or steering before that.

The car was transported home at a cost of £500 and currently awaits repair. The estimates for this are in the region of £2500 to replace both front knuckles plus transport to the repair garage.

Having researched the fault, I understand this issue is a known cause of failure of the suspension and that Land Rover has already issue a recall in November last year in Canada, Malaysia and other countries for the relevant VIN numbers within which my car falls.
My car’s VIN number is xxxxx, registration number xx15xxx. It has a full service history from Land Rover dealerships throughout its life as you will see online.

As you will no doubt already be aware, this known fault is already being discussed in the public domain in the UK and along with other Ranger Rover owners who have suffered from the same defective part, I do not understand why the recall has not been extended to the UK as well, bearing in mind it is a major safety issue. I use the vehicle for towing livestock as well as a family car, and the potential of a very unpleasant accident is very real. I have no confidence in driving the vehicle until both front knuckles have been replaced by non defective parts. In the circumstances would you be prepared to put your family in the vehicle knowing now that it had this issue?

I am sure you take the concerns of the owners of your vehicles seriously, so firstly please confirm safe receipt of this email, and also confirm what plans there are, and when the will be implemented for the recall relating to this part will happen in the UK, and thirdly that when the recall happens, that I will be able to claim for the work done to my vehicle now to make it safe and roadworthy.
[/i]

Last edited by Cotswoldsrchilly on 8th Jun 2023 12:48pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #666168 8th Jun 2023 12:29pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

question, you say yours is a HSE...is it sport??? ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

Post #666169 8th Jun 2023 12:35pm
Cotswoldsrchilly

No is isn't a sport, just ordinary big RR L405

Post #666171 8th Jun 2023 12:49pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

so where did the designation HSE come from...

range rovers are either vogue, vogue se or autobiography... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

Post #666172 8th Jun 2023 12:52pm
Spikey62

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Unnecessary quote removed

@Cotswoldsrchilly

Hi there. Sorry to hear about your bad luck but glas that no one was hurt. This really is getting out of control. Pls check the knuckle on other side and measure the distance of the opening with the bolt in place. It would be interesting to know what that failed one is and the still in intact one. There is a theory that it is down to overtightening of the bolt.
Thanks for email information. I will resend my claim too.
I also think that rather than waiting for them, small claim court could be considered. Not expensive and relative fast.
Regards
Steen

Post #666173 8th Jun 2023 12:59pm
Cotswoldsrchilly

Tbh it’s my husbands car and I am helping him work out how to get the damage sorted etc, and I assumed HSE was the luxury spec (it’s got lots of toys it seems). My misunderstanding.

Post #666176 8th Jun 2023 1:09pm
stan
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

thats cleared that up.. Thumbs Up

it could have been a whole new ball game if the sport was also involved ... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

Post #666180 8th Jun 2023 1:48pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Stan, could the effected vin numbers be put on the first post so they are easy to find, just a thought... Ta Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #666197 8th Jun 2023 7:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 21 of 40 <123 ... 202122 ... 383940>