Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > front knuckle cracking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 34 of 39 <123 ... 333435 ... 373839>
Print this entire topic · 
swissomatic

United States 2015 Range Rover 5.0 SC V8 Fuji White

Thought you might enjoy Land Rover North Americas response to my request regrading my 2015 Supercharged. Either waiting for parts availability or hiding their head in sand until they receive a major class action law suit. As North America is one of their largest and most litigious markets I am amazed at their response given that there are known recall programs in Middle East, UK and Canada.

" Dear Mr. Gardner,

Thank you for contacting the Land Rover Customer Relationship Centre regarding your concerns about the front suspension knuckle on your 2015 Range Rover Supercharged. We understand your apprehension and take your safety seriously.

Please be advised that recalls are VIN specific and can vary by region due to different manufacturing facilities and components used. At this time, your vehicle, VIN SALGS2TF8FA222236, is not affected by any open recalls or service actions. You can also view active recalls on your vehicle at nhtsa.gov or Land Rover Product Recall Search.

However, we would like to provide you with some additional information that might help ease your concerns:

Documented Repairs: Each time a vehicle is repaired at a certified Land Rover retailer, the repair is documented. If a significant number of repairs on the same part, make, and model year are documented, Land Rover reviews whether these repairs are due to a defect.
Recall Process: If it is determined that a defect exists and poses a safety risk, Land Rover will initiate a recall for affected vehicles. In the event of a recall being announced for your vehicle in the future, you will receive a notification with detailed information. This notification will include instructions on how to claim reimbursement for previous repairs related to the recall through your authorized retailer.
While we cannot provide a specific timeline for when or if a recall will be issued in the United States, we want to assure you that Land Rover is dedicated to your safety and satisfaction.

In the meantime, we recommend consulting with your local Land Rover retailer, who can provide guidance and assistance related to your specific concerns. They can also keep you updated on any potential recalls or service actions related to your vehicle.

Your safety remains our top priority, and we appreciate your diligence in reaching out to us with your concerns. If you have any further questions or require additional assistance, please contact us at 1-800-637-6837, option 9, and a representative will be able to assist you further.

For security purposes, we will need to verify you as the owner of the vehicle. Please also be prepared to provide a digital copy of a document showing your full name and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), such as your title and registration, purchase agreement, or insurance card.

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention, and for being a valued Land Rover North America customer.
Please do not reply to this email, as we may not be able to view your response.

Kind regards,

The Land Rover Support Team

Customer Relationship Centre

T: 1-800-637-6837, OPTION 9

F: 888-410-0938

E: lrweb2@jaguarlandrover.com
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC

jaguarusa.com | landroverusa.com
100 Jaguar Land Rover Way, Mahwah, NJ 07495
From: Land Rover USA donotreply@email.jaguarlandrover.com 19 Sep 10:40

Post #674542 29th Sep 2023 6:15pm
ChrisJC

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Aintree Green

RutlandBoy wrote:
Had mine checked (and replaced) today at Marshalls Peterborough, previous appointment canceled due to part availability as per the previous post.

Good service from them today.

I asked upon pick up if they were checked and replaced or simply replaced, got a slightly odd look from the service agent, and was told they are replacing them all regardless - whatever that means !

Either way felt slightly more confident driving home and upon checking yep two shiny new ones - let's see if there are problems with those !!!

How long did yours take? Mine is at Marshalls Peterborough right now waiting for parts. Was due for the work on 22nd Sept, so a week late and waiting...

Chris. L405 - 4.4SDV8 Vogue
P38 - 4.6V8 HSE
Land Rover series IIA V8

Post #674602 30th Sep 2023 7:37pm
RutlandBoy

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Hi Chris,

Mine was originally booked in at Marshalls for 8th September (I called late August, this was a few days after I noticed the official recall mention on here and before it appeared in Topix and several weeks before the letter arrived - what we I do without the forum !!) they contacted me to say the parts were not available and booked it for three weeks later (yesterday 29th).

I half expected them to cancel again (after hearing about other parts delays on here) but they didn't and as per my post I took in it at 0815 and it was ready by 16:30 (possibly earlier but I was in meetings!) washed and ready when I arrived. No charge for the courtesy car that I'd booked when the original booking was changed.

Not sure if that helps or not Chris but that's my experience.

Hope yours is sorted really soon! L405 4.4 V8 Vogue SE Santorini Black
RRS L390 4.2 S/C Stornoway Grey
Classic Range Rover Overfinch 5.7 - their first prototype - under restoration
Late Range Rover P38
Range Rover 3.9 Classic Softdash
Range Rover Classic Overfinch 5.7 - Sadly gone
Disco 3 - Gone
Disco 2 - Gone
TD5 - Gone

Post #674604 30th Sep 2023 8:13pm
ChrisJC

Thanks - I hope mine is the same, although I didn't book mine in until I got the letter, so I guess it will be slower.

I will have to tolerate the Mazda CX-5 courtesy car for a while longer... Big Cry

P38 - 4.6V8 HSE
Land Rover series IIA V8

Post #674615 1st Oct 2023 7:13am
Garfy

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Hi, Very Happy
Just looked this up out of interest and came across the site, so I have joined.
I bought a 2015 Autobiography 4.4 about 8 weeks ago, and I received the JLR letter for the recall. I rang up because I had a couple of queries, one being "are you going to renew the component"? The lady said "not necessarily, they will inspect it and if it's ok let you go on your way".
I thought all car recalls, they naturally just replace due to safety?

Thanks All

Post #674617 1st Oct 2023 7:55am
MikeJ

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

My L405 is due for collection having waited weeks for a JLR inspection only to be told that wasn't going to happen..

I popped in to see the car at the MD yesterday and had a look under the wheel arches to find that the bolts fixing the knuckles to the top ball joints were pointing in different directions on either side. One points to the front of the vehicles, the other to the rear. .. Is the orientation of these bolts defined in any work instruction or is it down to whichever hand the fitter has his spanner in at the time..

Also notices that my drivers side side step hasn't retracted 😩

Post #674669 1st Oct 2023 5:08pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Garfy wrote:
Hi, Very Happy
Just looked this up out of interest and came across the site, so I have joined.
I bought a 2015 Autobiography 4.4 about 8 weeks ago, and I received the JLR letter for the recall. I rang up because I had a couple of queries, one being "are you going to renew the component"? The lady said "not necessarily, they will inspect it and if it's ok let you go on your way".
I thought all car recalls, they naturally just replace due to safety?

Thanks All

It's further up this thread.

Step 1 is to identify whether your car has a component from a known faulty batch - if so, then replace.

If it's not from a known faulty batch, they will inspect and if they see an obvious crack, will replace. (You can have a look yourself and see if there is a crack).

Post #674676 1st Oct 2023 6:07pm
Pat

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

My daughter has a 2014 RR L405 A/B with 4.4SDV8 and she has had a recall letter for this. The car was taken off the road as a safety precaution untill repair has been carried out. The parts are on back order so I dont know what timescale will be. This was wedneday 27/9/23. She was told she will have courtesey car but she is still waiting on it being delivered as of 2/10/23.

Post #674743 2nd Oct 2023 11:13am
cass

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

Has anyone had this recall done recently?
Mine was cancelled a couple of weeks ago due to lack of parts. I'm still being told that there are no parts available but I'm not convinced this is true, just feels like I'm being fobbed off!

Post #674875 4th Oct 2023 1:50pm
ChrisJC

I dropped my RR off at the dealers on 14th Sept, a week before the appointment which was on 22nd Sept.

No parts available for the appointment, and not now either. My car is still at the dealer 4th October.

P38 - 4.6V8 HSE
Land Rover series IIA V8

Post #674891 4th Oct 2023 6:11pm
diesel do

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Haven't really engaged with the Forum, I found it was just raising my blood pressure for potential problems that, if they happen, they happen.

However, got the recall letter, booked it in to Pentland Stirling last week, car in today, they called back to say the knuckles need replaced and the parts won't be there til tomorrow. No bother thinks I, and with a quiet day at work, I go Google 'L405 knuckle', it brings be me back to this fine site (I have to reactivate my membership to post Laughing ) and Shocked Shocked Shocked

Hope I get it back tomorrow as promised and it's not just joined a queue of laid up fatties waiting for parts..

Post #674946 5th Oct 2023 3:52pm
cass

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

It seems like you have make a fuss to get this sorted, I'd heard nothing since mine got cancelled 2 weeks ago so I rang up Stratstones to ask about booking it in, I was met with "you were told the parts are on back order and you'd get a call when they are available, have you had a phone call? Me "no" reply was "well why have you rang us? They're still on back order"
Long story short, spat my dummy out (something I hate doing as I'm normally on the side of the phone jockey who is fending off unreasonable customers) Short rant, she "checked with the parts department" and miraculously they've found some parts and it's getting done in 10 days time.
Time to kick up a fuss folks

Post #674955 5th Oct 2023 5:38pm
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

Mine was booked in yesterday, I had asked will you just check or fit new parts and they said fit new parts.
Took it in and 2 hours latter they phone to say it needs parts they don't have and are on back order.
They cant even tell me when the parts will be in. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #674989 6th Oct 2023 11:29am
portrobc

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Firenze Red

[quote="AJGalaxy2012"]

portrobc wrote:
So I went to the MD this morning (with a little trepidation I might add)
The car was taken in, some 1.45 hours later back it came. The knuckles had been checked with what looked like Engineers blue and the numbers (presumably the batch codes??) checked and all given a clean bill of health.

Slightly concerning that a grease monkey throws some engineers blue on it with I dont feel is a scientific crack detection system.

Quote:

Additionally confirmed in writing.

Well thats all good, it must be true if it's written.

Quote:

So, happy days...........gave it an enthusiastic workout on the way back. as you do. Laughing Laughing
Rob

Alternatively you could get on a plane with jet engine parts that are substandard. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Life is governed by chaos theory............knuckle fracture or not is just another instance of this.
You either trust what someone has done and then, as in this case, check the batch numbers (I saw the evidence of this) as well as using some form of dye to check/highlight the surfaces for photographs which were taken and submitted to LR.

Rob Now running a 2016 Autobiography plus an Aston Martin Virage
Previously ran a Lincoln Navigator and 18 XC60 T5
Before that a pile of Jeeps, Mercedes and Jaguars and Porsches, Mustang and Volvo.

Post #675070 7th Oct 2023 9:10pm
AJGalaxy2012

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

Thats very true and if you have confidence that all is good thats fine.

J BMW i3 Electric Car
2012 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8 (now gone)
2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi V6

Post #675079 8th Oct 2023 6:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 34 of 39 <123 ... 333435 ... 373839>