Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Park Heating: When was it standard?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Stormin

2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Epsom Green

Axel

I dont think so,i'll have another look. Three things in a blokes life his dog,his car and a Cornish pasty,nothing else matters.

2010 Range Rover Vogue SE Santorini Black, Arabica Aniline seats

Previous cars
1973 Mini 1000
1971 Hillman Avenger
1975 Chrysler Sunbeam
1981 Ford Cortina
1985 Volvo 340
1989 VW Golf
1989 Volvo 240
1991 Volvo 240
1991 Jaguar Soveriegn
1996 BMW 730
2003 Honda CRV
1999 Jaguar Soveriegn
2003 Range Rover HSE Epson Green with Sand trim.

Post #126423 16th Jun 2012 9:52am
FrankRizzo

Germany 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

I have an '08 MY TDV8 Vogue, built Dec '07, bought used, and as far as I'm aware I don't have the park heating. At least I didn't get the key remote when I bought it. Haven't checked the fuse box yet, though. When I was looking for my car, some of the Vogues I test drove had it but other didn't so I always thought it was an option. 2012 Vogue 4.4 TDV8 automatic (LHD), Santorini Black
2008 Vogue 3.6 TDV8 automatic (LHD), Java Black

Post #164490 14th Jan 2013 1:26am
Fox

United Kingdom 

No it was standard years before yours.
It's only the new L405 Vogue they've taken it off, so you have to pay an extra ฃ1000 for.

Most likely the last owner didn't use it or lost the fob.

Post #164506 14th Jan 2013 9:00am
Ajay(UK)

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Indus Silver

I have a feeling some Euro Spec cars may not have the hardware fitted as standard for remote operation of the FBH Shocked

The good news is that you should be able to retrofit it if the wiring loom is present for the T91 Receiver in the rear offside compartment and then you just need to buy yourself a remote and have it enabled with a faultmate Thumbs Up

I'm enabling this on a 2012MY for a "Euro" forum member later this week Whistle

Andy. 2015 L405 SDV8 Autobiography, Indus Silver with Black Pack.
SWMBO: 22MY Defender 110 HSE X Dynamic, Gondwana Stone.
Gone: 2014 Discovery 4 HSE Luxury Firenze Red
Gone: 2006MY Java Black TD6 Autobiography
Gone: 2013 Jaguar XKR Convertible, Italian Racing Red with Ivory Seats
Gone: 2010MY Stornoway Grey TDV8 Vogue SE with RSE
Gone: 2008 Disco 3 HSE, Hybrid Tv + Retro-fit RSE System & DVD
Gone: 2003 Epsom Green 4.4i Vogue, LPG, Mk4 Nav, BMW Bluetooth Phone, Hybrid Tv Tuner,

Post #164563 14th Jan 2013 1:06pm
DavidP

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Ajay, correct not all have the 'extras'.
I have a MY06 Vogue - no extras for the FBH at all - how it was delivered. Not too sure what to look for in the back right compartment. Also reading through some of the posts where it can/may cause problems not entirely sure i would want or use it.
A few years ago i was intouch with RoverRon and the process he went through to add it just did not seem normal. Aerial stuck to window, make frinds with local dealership for software upload on the QT, etc etc.....

Post #164582 14th Jan 2013 2:17pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

Sometimes it gets a tad tedious reposting this stuff. 1 page back states quite clearly what is there and what is needed. To reiterate:

- All diesel L322s regardless if TD6 or V8 had an FBH as an auxiliary heater to augment cabin heat on cold days. Petrol models only had an FBH if the park heat option was ordered.
- Park heat was an option. Park heat entails running the FBH prior to the vehicle's being started either through:
- a timer function in the main menu on the nav screen
- a remote

To make the Park heat function work, it needs to be activated with one of the following diagnostic systems:
- LR OEM T4/IDS/SDD
- Autologic
- BBS Faultmate
- IIDTool
No other diagnostic systems from a D9000 to GBP80 Bluetooth OBD modules off eBay can do this. Once activated properly, the timer appears in the menu. If it is not there, you have an FBH but no Park heat function.

- All L322s diesels regardless if they had Park heat ex factory or not, had the loom for the remote receiver. The plug for the receiver is in the boot above the fuse panel in the right hand electrical compartment. Early ~02-03 L322s had a white square plug - this is for a Webasto T60. Later ~03 on L322s had a longish plug for a Webasto T80/90 series receiver. If park heat is activated, you can hook up the receiver, sync the remote, and go. If you do not have park heat activated, the receiver will not do anything regardless of how well or poorly you have synced the remote with the receiver or what sorts of voodoo dolls you've waved over the bonnet.

- In addition to the above, factory park heat had a water diverter valve that either circulated the water throughout the entire system or the heater only depending on motor, MY, or water temp. More info on this is in the wiki (link above - after Forum and Gallery but before Shop and Sponsors under the fullfatrr logo).

- Petrol models can have park heat retrofitted. Once the FBH and all ancillary components have been added, the park heat function needs to be activated. See above.

Sorry if this post is TFL - too long - and some people can't be bothered to read it (I have had people write this to me - or I have noticed it on the questions I get asked immediately following my post). I do not know how to outline the various options in less space. 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #164693 14th Jan 2013 7:03pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

More reading for those who can be bothered:
http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic14073.html?highlight=fbh

SteveMFr wrote:
Hi Gary,
As I posted in the other thread (linked to by mjdronfield above), you'll need to have the park heat function activated for the remote to work. AFAIK, the only LR diagnostic systems capable of this are the IIDTool, BBS MSV, Autologic, or OEM T4/IDS. If this would have been possible without programming, I would have had park heat several years ago - long before GAP Diagnostic was formed and the IIDTool developed. I tried all of this - all here in several year old threads somewhere. Cool

You don't need the remote receiver to make this work if you have park heat activated. Your white plug has 3 wires: red/? = +, Bn/? = Gnd, and Gn/Wt = signal to FBH. ( I hope I'm remembering the colors correctly). All you have to do is bridge the + and the Gn/Wt and your FBH should start running if activated. If not, you'll need to get it activated first.

The reason you have a white plug that does not fit into the remote receiver is because you have an early L322 which had the Webasto T60 remote rather than the T80/90 series.

The function on the later receivers is exactly the same, tho, and if you check the wiring diagrams in the RAVE you can even solder the 3 wires to the appropriate pins if you like - or source the correct connector from a breaker. This is a T90:

OEM, the antenna for the remote is the TV antenna on the right side rear window with a different antenna amplifier than TV only. Info is in the RAVE. This is VW but it looks similar to what you would need if you wanted to go all original:
Click image to enlarge

As parts are hard to find used and very expensive new, I'd just go with a window antenna behind the C-pillar cover or similar. Webasto window antennas can be seen in the remote reciever pics above - the flat rectangular bit with the wire coming out (the one in the t90 pic is blue).
TBH, tho, if you are not interested in maximum range, try various lengths of wire in the antenna connector... Razz

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic14026.html

and there is much, much more
http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/search.php?...rch_time=0
and in the wiki...

...but you don't have to bother to read all this even if you can be bothered as it is the same thing over and over and over and over and over again. Yawn 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s

Post #164695 14th Jan 2013 7:12pm
Ajay(UK)

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Indus Silver

Or on the other hand a less patronising reply would have been to simply post a link referring to the most relevant comment for anyone who may have chosen not to read all of the previous posts especially when the thread started in 2009. Yawn 2015 L405 SDV8 Autobiography, Indus Silver with Black Pack.
SWMBO: 22MY Defender 110 HSE X Dynamic, Gondwana Stone.
Gone: 2014 Discovery 4 HSE Luxury Firenze Red
Gone: 2006MY Java Black TD6 Autobiography
Gone: 2013 Jaguar XKR Convertible, Italian Racing Red with Ivory Seats
Gone: 2010MY Stornoway Grey TDV8 Vogue SE with RSE
Gone: 2008 Disco 3 HSE, Hybrid Tv + Retro-fit RSE System & DVD
Gone: 2003 Epsom Green 4.4i Vogue, LPG, Mk4 Nav, BMW Bluetooth Phone, Hybrid Tv Tuner,

Post #164821 14th Jan 2013 10:29pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

the trouble is that questions re the fbh have been doneto death and there is info in the wiki and there's the search function as well...
we should be grateful that Steve is knowledgeable on this subject and has made the effort to post the solution. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO ฦŽ๊“•โˆ€๊“•O๊“ค PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #164824 14th Jan 2013 10:33pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

Ajay(UK) wrote:
Or on the other hand a less patronising reply would have been to simply post a link referring to the most relevant comment for anyone who may have chosen not to read all of the previous posts especially when the thread started in 2009. Yawn

Mmmm - did better than that, Ajay. I posted prettymuch all of the relevant info above. Or did you not read it? (Just kidding Shocked )

Aside from all of that - it was not meant seriously. My tongue was making my cheek bulge by about 8". Cool

On a more serious note though - I do find it frustrating that I take the time to post and type out all of this info and have people so obviously not read what I wrote. 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s

Post #164825 14th Jan 2013 10:33pm
darrenm

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

So should my 2010 tdv8 ( 3.6) vogue se have a remote as standard as I havenโ€™t got one ๐Ÿ™

Post #529700 1st Oct 2019 2:48pm
elandri

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Fascinating - I've had mine 7 years and just found out:)

I wonder what else missing out on! 2008 TDV8 Vogue

Post #679874 9th Dec 2023 1:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123