Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Black Remapped 2004 TD6 Autobiography
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 18 <123 ... 8910 ... 161718>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

Went out for the afternoon, boost leak very much still present and now get fuel injection system error message which brings up the turbo valve fault (pictured), this only happens after I have put my foot down.

Click image to enlarge

Also went down a couple of byways.

Post #512689 20th Apr 2019 8:50pm
green-oval-nut

As Tank is playing up, I will be taking Oscar to go and rescue a friend with her clapped out campervan, known as Betty Boo who is clinging on to every last breath, but should really just go into the light and join all the other Peugeot’s Laughing Monday I hope to turn my attention back to Tank, as I have a lot I need to do, and a lot of miles to cover and I really don’t want to be doing those miles in a Poo Brown Mondeo or a C-Max Laughing

Post #512694 21st Apr 2019 4:08am
ur20v

A Trap 

Looking at your photos you seem to struggle to stay on a track and are always veering off into the verge 😉

Post #512703 21st Apr 2019 7:52am
green-oval-nut

Ha ha Rolling with laughter just like to make sure I get angled pictures to show off the beast Wink Laughing

Post #512708 21st Apr 2019 8:22am
green-oval-nut

Got the hump in general yesterday and part of today, after finding the problem on my V8, I decided to have another go at hunting for the boost leak today. Found it Very Happy it turned out to be a vacuum hose on the weird plastic tank above the turbo valve. Now all the ponies are back in the stables and no more boost leaks or fault codes 😜

Click image to enlarge

Thankfully this means I don’t need a Turbo 😂 but I have ordered new vacuum hoses.

Post #512856 22nd Apr 2019 8:46pm
ur20v

A Trap 

That tank is a vacuum reservoir, when the engine is in boost it doesn’t make any vacuum so this fills the gap, also maintains a more stable vacuum pressure

Post #512877 23rd Apr 2019 7:40am
green-oval-nut

Thank you, I learned something new today.

Post #512879 23rd Apr 2019 7:45am
green-oval-nut

1 Meter of Vacuum hose has arrived, shame I am not well enough to get out there to fit it yet. Will pop it on before I use it next though.

Post #513056 24th Apr 2019 3:03pm
green-oval-nut

Finally got around to fitting a new badge to the grill. I think it looks much better now.

Although I ordered the correct size badge, It was slightly to wide, so had to trim it and sand it down, and I didn’t have much confidence in the existing sticky back, so put a nice dollop of gorilla glue in the middle, so that badge is for life Laughing

Next weekend I plan on fitting new vacuum hoses, and my 150db lorry horn.

Post #513483 28th Apr 2019 3:49pm
green-oval-nut

Finally got around to dealing with the windscreen howling, very messy now, but once it has set, I will trim it and tidy it. Kind of hoping for a 2nd wind this afternoon as I would like to get my lorry horn fitted.

Post #514451 6th May 2019 12:07pm
green-oval-nut

2nd wind came and went. Tried to fit the lorry horn behind the grill, WAAAAAAY to big to fit there Laughing Found a nice big gap behind the bumper further down, but in my current condition, I am not able to down to do the fitting. So it will have to wait for another weekend.

Post #514461 6th May 2019 2:45pm
green-oval-nut

I really put my TD6 through its paces today. 400 mile round trip roughly to drop the V8 off for its oil cooler to be fitted, go to the Land Rover show at Gaydon and then into London to collect another ebay purchase (not LR related). I was driving the V8 in London and my other half was in the TD6, and on the last leg of the journey, Fuel injection system fault came up and restricted the performance Shocked Rolling Eyes So once my partner got it home, I ran diagnostics, NOTHING came up that would explain it. However my mate who owns the garage where my V8 had the oil cooler fitted, kindly came running over to tell me it sounds like I have 1 or more dodgy injectors Rolling Eyes Laughing So I guess a leak off test is going to be added to the list to see if I do have a duff injector.

Post #515038 11th May 2019 11:12pm
wayneg

Australia 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

"Fuel injection system fault".. This message comes up if there is low pressure at the sensor on top of the fuel filter. The pressure should be just below 4bar. I have had 2 injectors go bad in 3 years of ownership and that error message never came up. You can force the message by removing the plug from the sensor as a test. Do you know if the fuel pump under the rear near side is good? 2007 TDV8 VSE
2003 TD6 gone.
2002 P38a gone
1999 P38a gone
1997 p38a gone
1993 VSE gone
1992 VSE gone
1966 Series 2a with V8 conversion gone

Post #515044 12th May 2019 4:07am
green-oval-nut

I think the pump in the wheel arch will need changing at some point soon, but thought this was only a priming pump for starting the car. I will have another look at the sensor on the fuel filter. It seemed ok when I changed the fuel filter though. I ruled out the EGR as being the cause as that has been removed. The glow plug relay keeps coming up. I will look at that next.

Right after I finish dealing with Ebay who decided that I am not allowed to advertise my items in more places than just there's and now want to charge me £200 in a final valuation fee on an item that didn't actually sell! All because I had previously shared my address for someone to view something I had for sale, who never showed up, then a day later, sold it through social media.

I hate any sales platform that does not allow people to view items before deciding whether to buy it or not. Admittedly, I would have let any viewer buy it on the spot if they wanted, but stopping people from viewing an item is ludicrous.

Post #515110 12th May 2019 6:03pm
green-oval-nut

Went to fit the nudge bar this afternoon, found the screws for the reg plate are totally rotten. So not touching this task until next weekend. Also not feeling well and was exhausted from yesterday's big trip up to the 2nd worse show I have ever been to. (Gaydon LR Show). Never going to that again!

So next weekend, that nudge bar is going on.

Post #515111 12th May 2019 6:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 9 of 18 <123 ... 8910 ... 161718>