Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Black Remapped 2004 TD6 Autobiography
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 18 <123 ... 789 ... 161718>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

The hot starting issue came back šŸ˜„ but seems to have been a simple job. The fuel filter was blocked. So finally got around to fitting the new one. Cold start is half the cranks now, not been able to test the hot start yet though.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #509002 17th Mar 2019 5:46pm
green-oval-nut

Crank Case Cyclone Breather made by FEBI now fitted. I was dreading the job, but it was actually pretty easy. And also needed doing sooner than later as the old crank breather filter was almost solid! (Due to using my phone, the picture order got messed up lol)

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #509732 24th Mar 2019 10:33pm
green-oval-nut

Yesterday I was on another long journey and got fuel system error on the dash and limited acceleration, plugged my diagnostics in, came up with an EGR fault. So today, found the top pipe was perished, removed the EGR and cleaned it out. The carbon build up was so bad that even brake cleaner wasn't removing it, I ended up soaking the EGR valve in a bucket with fairy washing up liquid. (Worked a treat!), Only did this to get my car back on the road as I have a hell of a lot of miles to cover this coming week. I have ordered an EGR Valve blanking kit though, and will fit that as soon as it arrives. Annoyingly due to having to deal with cowboy tree surgeons that my next door neighbour hired, I forgot to take after photo's. But my Range Rover starts even better than before.

Post #510357 30th Mar 2019 9:22pm
green-oval-nut

2 more days of long journeys, over 400 miles covered, and for a so called unreliable motor, Tank has been superb. Ferrying myself and a friend to and from court, used as a make shift but very comfortable mobile office to put a defence together (Iā€™m not the defendant šŸ˜‚) but been preparing a friend and her case for court for free. But this was finished off with a very late lunch. And finally I get a day off from everything tomorrow, depending on the weather. My EGR delete kit arrived Tuesday but the weather is forecasted to be wet and horrible. If it turns out to be dry, I will fit it.

Post #510737 3rd Apr 2019 12:28am
green-oval-nut

The EGR delete kit has now been fitted, and the turbo breather filter has arrived and been fitted. It has made a hell of a difference to the starting, running & driving. Glad I managed to get it done today.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #510791 3rd Apr 2019 3:23pm
green-oval-nut

I have been naughty Laughing

Just bought a set of silicone hoses for my beast. I discovered that the pipes are perished and split anyway, and original ones were going to set me back a few hundred. So decided as it has a few performance upgrades anyway, that silicone was the way to go, as I have done this to previous car builds that I have done. And Ā£98 including delivery, plus 98 nectar points and 1.05% cash back, which I know isn't much, but all makes me a happy owner!

Haven't decided yet whether to buy new jubilee clips, or clean up the existing ones. Only down side, is the expected delivery date is the 11th April Sad

But that allows my broken foot enough time to heal enough to be able to fit those hoses to my car.

The EGR Delete so far has made one hell of a difference to the bottom end, it seems effortless on acceleration now.

And now most byways are back open, I will be laning again soon Very Happy

Post #511081 5th Apr 2019 11:49pm
green-oval-nut

Despite having a broken foot, I got to go and have a bit of fun, 6 times Rolling with laughter Took Tank through Eynsford Ford. Wasn't very deep, but thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Post #511157 6th Apr 2019 8:37pm
green-oval-nut

Went on a bit of a road trip today, after getting errands done first, went & had lunch, stopped for fuel, this lead to a new route that the sat nav was taking us, and I realised that I was just around the corner from Eynsford Ford again, happy in the knowledge that driving through the Ford, would really annoy my Mum, off we went. To my surprise, we came across the site of a BMW that had attempted the crossing, but unfortunately sucked water into the engine, closing the road to lorries and coaches, including 1 that was waiting to get through. The BMW was full of pensioners and 1 young grandchild. So I towed it up to the pub so they had access to facilities, food & drink, whilst waiting for recovery. The woman who was driving was quite distraught though, as she explained that she had borrowed her husbands car. I wouldnā€™t want to be the owner of that car Rolling with laughter

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Tank didnā€™t even notice that it was towing. Fantastic car Very Happy

Also the silicone hoses arrived today, so that job is on the list for the weekend.

Post #511621 10th Apr 2019 11:01pm
green-oval-nut

The last 3 days have been hell. Mostly surrounding a campervan that a good friend was ripped off with, but after getting that back on the road for her, I turned my attention to Tank. Thinking (Big Mistake) that the job planned would be a 2 hour job at most. Will I ever learn Confused
I decided Saturday was the day to change all my EGR and Intercooler related hoses to the blue silicone hoses. Nowhere near as easy at it should have been Rolling Eyes

The hoses directly attached to the intercooler appear to have potentially been on as long as the car has been on the road. So found the rubber had welded themselves to the intercooler. My partner ended up managing to get one off after cutting it into several pieces. But 4 hours later, we had to give up. I have a broken foot, so even more limited to normal as to what I can do, which includes 0 time on the floor Laughing

Sunday afternoon is going to be attempt number 2, although my neighbour has offered to help if he is about, I have also got a mobile mechanic booked to come out just to get the other pipe off. Then my partner will help me put it all back together. Really hoping that I manage to get it sorted before the mechanic is due out.

Post #511993 14th Apr 2019 2:16am
Swipe

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography Td6 Java Black

I like reading your reports as a lot of the jobs youā€™ve done i have done to my Td6. Also found that replacing the inter cooler, and turbo pipes to be a right pain. Access being the problem (no broken foot to contend with) the turbo hose this came loose 1 week after fitting it and the intercooler hose not clipping in securely.
EGR delete done mine wasnā€™t very clogged up like some iā€™ve seen, has made a difference and no warning lights.
Just need to get the rear heated screen to work as itā€™s not worked since iā€™ve had it, and getting a reversing camera fitted.
Whatā€™s next for tank? How many miles have you done since the remap? 2004 Autobiography TD6 Java Black

Post #512002 14th Apr 2019 9:18am
green-oval-nut

Thank you for the heads up. I will try and make sure I am extra vigilant when securing the new hoses. Your heated rear screen if not a fuse or damaged lines in the screen is more than like a broken wire under the trim in the bootlid. Off the top of my head, I will be fitting a nudge bar, need to replace the rear bumper, fit drilled and grooved discs to the rear, replace the fuel pump in the rear wheel arch, fit light guards to the front and rear, fit chrome mirror covers, sort out the worst of the scratches, re-calibrate the suspension and customise the engine covers, thatā€™s all I can remember off the top of my head. And so far covered over 1000 miles since the remap. After I have finished waking up today, I will be going for round 2 of trying to get the pipes off šŸ˜‚

Post #512005 14th Apr 2019 9:42am
Swipe

You still have a big list of stuff to do šŸ˜‚, thanks for the advice about the rear heated screen. I have tried to redo the lines, fuse and relay ok so will take the trim off and have a good look around. Was thinking of painting the engine covers at some point just not sure of colour to go for.
Think will get a brake fluid flush done, if I brake very hard the beast donā€™t feel like itā€™s gonna stop. Disc and pads look ok but may change them with the usual suspects ball joints etc. 2004 Autobiography TD6 Java Black

Post #512064 14th Apr 2019 4:47pm
jim4244

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

A great write up of day to day L322 ownership. šŸ‘

Jim

Post #512097 14th Apr 2019 10:58pm
green-oval-nut

2 Days of HELL with the Tank. If you are considering upgrading all the egr to intercooler and intercooler to turbo pipes, my advice is, DON'T unless you have a workshop, patience of a saint, and happen to have access to it all while other bits are out of the engine bay! It is by far the worst job I have done on a car. I have changed engines on French cars and used to run 2 garages. I will also say that in my opinion, of all the silicone hose kits I have ever fitted to cars, the only one I could find available for the TD6 is not of particularly good quality! I have fitted many silicone hose kits to many other cars.

Getting the old hoses off was hell, and what took the most time, putting the new hoses on was pretty damn easy, but mid way through fitting the new pipes, I collapsed, which meant we were distracted sorted me out, and annoyingly forgot to properly tighten at least 2 jubilee clips. So on test drive number 1, 500 yards down the road, POP and RATTLE Rolling Eyes Whistle Embarassed Laughing so I limped the car back to my house, bonnet open, the metal attachment between the turbo pipe and intercooler pipe had separated from the turbo pipe. So the jubilee clip wasn't on tight enough Embarassed Censored Put it back together, checked the other clips that I could get to, and found 1 more loose clip. So off I went on test drive number 2, no pipes came off, however, Now I have a boost leak noise, so sounds like a lorry turbo spooling at about 1500 RPM. I had enough at that point as it was 6.30pm at this point. So now using Tank for small journeys for now until Friday, which will be the day that we go boost leak hunting.

I had to peel and cut bits of perished and self welded rubber pipe off of the intercooler and the metal connector pipe between the turbo and intercooler, I also had to scrape and use a Dremel to grind the rubber off of the metal connector pipe by the turbo. This is very time consuming.

Still love my car though. Just really annoying that I rendered the V8 undrivable with a modification that I am doing Whistle Rolling with laughter So no choice but to use Tank when I don't have access to the C-Max.

Click image to enlarge

Post #512141 15th Apr 2019 1:00pm
Swipe

God sounds like it was a real battle doing the hoses, I also thought the quality of the silcone hoses didnā€™t feel great. I must admit I didnā€™t have to cut pieces that had welded itself, but found replacing the turbo to intercooler pipes a pain just not great access and not being able to see things lining up.
Big šŸ‘ for doing these jobs when your not 100%, I was crawling all over the car doing the hoses 18st of fat man pulling himself all over the car. 2004 Autobiography TD6 Java Black

Post #512159 15th Apr 2019 3:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 18 <123 ... 789 ... 161718>