Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Black Remapped 2004 TD6 Autobiography
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 14 of 18 <123 ... 131415 161718>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

Up until the last hour, I have been almost non stop on the go for the last 7 days.

Saturday I needed to blow off steam, so took the dogs down to the coast and drove some byways while they were being walked by my partner.

Sunday collected the beast which is now 70% broken.

Monday I collected a new bumper in the right colour that needs some minor cosmetics from Chatham with the trailer and had to get the C-Max fixed which a certain auto centre have actually damaged!

Today was meant to be a rest day, but ended up dealing with more Range Rover related stuff including repairing and modifying broken parts.

And to my surprise, I went to fit my fully working passenger cup holder from the breaking Range Rover to this one, and managed to get the one from this car working Laughing But keeping the other as a spare, or may fit it to the V8 when I get that back if I can't get that one working.

Got some RRS parts to dismantle next if the weather holds out, but the clouds have suddenly gotten dark Rolling Eyes

Here are all my annoying pictures Rolling with laughter

Click image to enlarge

Post #527566 10th Sep 2019 2:46pm
green-oval-nut

Just realised, 6 months is up since the oil and filter were last changed, I have covered some heavy miles, and the oil shows it, black as black gets Shocked I wish I had spotted this sooner, as I have a big journey ahead of me tomorrow and no time to get the oil changed before.

But coolant checked, oil checked, screen wash topped up, just got to give Tank a bath, then get it packed up for tomorrow morning. Get the dog sitter in, and off we go.

Spent this morning in A&E, and not long until I can sit and relax ahead of tomorrow.

Can't wait to go to the LRO show.

Post #527916 13th Sep 2019 4:03pm
green-oval-nut

Tank was a motorway mile muncher today, averaging an impressive 36.9mpg according to my app when I filled the tank with fuel Razz

Only had 1 stop on the way up to make as it has lost about 1 litre of oil in 7 months.

But this year, made it there and back with no issues. Last year, I was forced to pull into Cambridge Services when the fuel system error message came up with restricted performance.

The LRO show was the best one I have attended yet.

Looking forward to next years show.

Post #528022 14th Sep 2019 10:27pm
green-oval-nut

Today didn't quite go to plan. Gained a Bluetooth upgrade for the boot. Driven all over Kent & Sussex today after dealing with someone who is not welcome back to mine or my friends property, not someone from here but another social media platform, who arrived, walked around the Range Rover I am breaking, and then in addition to the parts he bought, a few items went walk abouts Censored And it was items that had been removed within about half hour before the guy turned up.

Post #528158 16th Sep 2019 12:50am
green-oval-nut

Well Tank did one last run as a favour to a friend. Delivering a mini moto to a very happy kid.

Click image to enlarge

Sticking with the theme of keeping Tank funded soley by independent means to the household funds, I made a small impulse purchase to shift on to bulk up the currently non existent MOT fund Rolling with laughter
Meet Zavia the Tonic Blue C-Max. Bought last night, tinkered with today, now advertised for sale Laughing So now my car collection currently comprises of 1 x TD6 Fatty, 2 x 4.4 V8 Fatties, 3 x Ford C-Max's Rolling with laughter Need to reduce this to 2 C-Max's and 2 Fatties as fast as I can Laughing Only keeping Oscars temporary replacement after discovering the little 1.6 petrol pup has a turbo and is keeping me tinkering.

But Tank is now parked up for around a weeks break, or if Zavia sells sooner, then Tank will be going for the MOT sooner.

Post #528858 23rd Sep 2019 4:22pm
green-oval-nut

Well, the Ink Blue C-Max gave me a kick up the backside to get my TD6 fully roadworthy again. I didn't realise just how bad the tyres were on the passenger side of the car until the wheels were taken off. I thought it was just the edge of the tyres that were going bald. But passenger tyres changed, forgot to get the front wheel balanced as it was a wheel I supplied with a tyre already on it, but has made a huge difference already.

I went down this route as on further investigation, I discovered that I have been lucky that my C-Max hasn't set light to itself with the wiring to the coil pack, as some clever person put heat shrink NEXT to the exposed wires, instead of on the exposed wires. Job for another day. But so glad to be back in Tank properly again. Next though is MOT time. And although I have been told it should pass, I still convince myself of the worst possible outcome.

And very stressed still with my V8 STILL not being sorted.

Post #529116 25th Sep 2019 11:32pm
green-oval-nut

Yesterday was not fun. My MOT is being done today and 1 of the things needed was the headlight wiper arm cap. Luckily for me, someone breaking one about an hour away had one I could get the same day, and while I was there, I thought I would save my neighbour fuel and hassle and picked up his tailgate, had to take the trailer as the car is full Laughing But that was problem number 1, flat tyre on the trailer Shocked Then a guy who came for an air strut from my breaker forgot to pack the right tools, and mine were locked in my neighbours house Rolling with laughter Once he had been to Halfords and bought the correct tools, I managed to get on my way. But feeling exhausted, and really need a day to let my body catch up, but not going to get the opportunity until Monday by the looks of things.

Everything is crossed for the MOT tomorrow. I think I have sorted everything that needed doing for an MOT.

Just going to get it cleaned at a hand car wash tomorrow on the way up to the MOT.

Post #529240 27th Sep 2019 12:57am
green-oval-nut

Well, I got impatient and Tank went in for his MOT today. Would you believe that I went over the car with a fine tooth combe, even drove 70 miles easily round trip to collect a headlight wiper arm with cap as that would have failed the MOT, replaced 2 tyres, only to miss a Censored bulb! The orange wore off the front passenger wing indicator bulb. Fitted before its test, and passed with no advisories Rolling with laughter Very Happy

So Tank is officially back on the road Very Happy

However, the Censored radio stopped working on the way to the MOT. I think my BM54 has dies Shocked Censored Big Cry

But got to get a few other things sorted projects wise and get my Ink Blue C-Max fixed. Having to admit defeat and pay an auto electrician to repair and rewire the engine wiring loom on that to get it working again Big Cry

And tomorrow working on Tank is off limits as I have got to deliver the Tonic Blue C-Max to its new owner.

Feeling very relieved.

The only annoying thing now, is the drivers headlight wiper arm is Bonatti grey and the passenger side is black, and the weather is past being able to paint stuff outside. So will have to try and forget that little imperfection Laughing

Post #529333 27th Sep 2019 10:52pm
green-oval-nut

Decided to get the front passenger wheel re-balanced as the car had a horrible wobble. Glad I did, almost completely got rid of it. I think it just needs wheel alignment next. That was my Saturday morning, then Sunday afternoon, carried on stripping the spares car down.

Today has been a rest day Rolling with laughter

But one thing I am pleased about, is learning how the Range Rover goes together. Made me more confident than ever to tackle jobs I lost confidence in myself doing, but will be going for it when summer comes around next year Rolling with laughter The tinkerer in me is in hibernation, essential jobs only in winter Rolling with laughter

Post #530176 6th Oct 2019 2:52pm
green-oval-nut

Today was not without issues! I thought I would be naughty and pop out for a 99p burger an hour before I was due to leave for my trailer towing assessment, Tank said NO. Battery was almost flat Shocked Rolling Eyes So had to summon the yellow Taxi. They turned up, checked my battery, found it was low on charge, then jump started my car, After taking my TV module out, the battery decided to drain itself, not sure if I may have left something on, but drove to Bexhill, left it alone for 2 hours while I was driving a Nitro, came back, started no issues, drove home in the dark, no issues. Will find out tomorrow if there is a drain problem. The AA said that a drain was showing though. And strangely, my radio started working, so I had music again, but no display for obvious reasons.

Was great getting to see the Sea again though.

Post #530343 8th Oct 2019 10:38pm
green-oval-nut

Carrying on from my V8 thread, some stupid little Censored who couldn't read this sign:

Click image to enlarge

Which was next to the front of my car, the guy decided to have a paddy, walked around to the other side and smashed my mirror, completely knackering the folding mechanism and knocking the glass out of the casing. I ended up having to buy replacement mirror units.

I have now set a trap as the idiot is a local resident who used the same route every morning at the same time to get to work, I have decided an early morning greeting and introduction is needed.

This time my car is as pictured, On the barrier foot so it can't be moved, the sign is blocking the way at the front side of the car and I have made sure there is not enough gap for anyone to go between the cars. I will be waiting with 3-4 camera's, have pre warned the neighbours as my horn is being used, and will literally light the guy up. He was caught on camera doing this, but I the image isn't clear enough for a face shot.

Not sure how many people will be for or against what I am doing, but I am fuming that I have had to buy a replacement mirror unit because of someone elses ignorance.

2 and half more hours to go before I lay in wait. I want payment for the damage. It was already reported to the police with the footage sent in, and spread all over local social media as well as a local forum for the community. The guy is very distinctive.

This is how I have set up my trap Laughing

I was going to just remove the barriers and let nature takes its course. But I want to try and get payment for the damage. So chose a different option.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

And there are 3 reasons as to why my car was parked against the barrier the night of the damage.

1. I am disabled and there was nowhere else to park within 3 roads, 2. A van had been dumped the other side of the road in such a manner that if my car had been parked on the road properly it would have only been wide enough for a Mini to get through. 3. The gap between the barrier on the heavily sign posted closed path was only about a foot and people pushing past would have damaged my car.

This is also partly down to the poor planning by the contractors who set up the road works who thought it would be clever to not only choke the road by putting 3 way lights at the entrance, but closed the paths both sides, closing the paths to all pedestrians. The guy who set this up didn't have many teeth left, and I was amazed he had managed to get so high up with the company as the layout not only puts the public in direct danger, but his employees too.

I am soo ready for this little meet and greet session.

Post #531189 17th Oct 2019 2:05am
green-oval-nut

Mirror situation dealt with, guy caught up with, no money exchanged, doubt he will ever go near me or my cars again though Rolling with laughter

After getting some good news from the hospital in respect of, no longer have to go in every 2 days for blood tests, and with a club meet for my club happening this weekend, I thought I had better go and get Tank cleaned, so took it to the Car Spa. They were ultra thorough today, almost on the floor cleaning all underneath for me Very Happy Then I arrived home to a selfish Censored blocking my V8 in and taking up 2 spaces with a crappy little Corsa. So took matters into my own hands, and luckily I have access to my friends Landy which was behind this Corsa, So moved that back enough, then put Tank inbetween, leaving a cigarette papers worth of gap between my nudge bar and her tailgate Rolling with laughter Whistle

As soon as that POS gets moved, I will be getting my V8 off the garden and back on to the road. But only reason it was on the garden was because the gas workmen were finally finishing the path to get it opened.

Post #531933 23rd Oct 2019 7:17pm
Rosco

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

Glad I don't live in your street Rolling with laughter

Post #531937 23rd Oct 2019 9:47pm
green-oval-nut

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #531938 23rd Oct 2019 9:48pm
green-oval-nut

Had some fun this weekend. Played in my nearest Ford after attending a Range Rover meet on Saturday. Then Sunday took my partner to Kew Gardens which the entry tickets were bought as a wedding anniversary present in September. I know have disgusting Royal Mud on my poor Tank. It will be going to a jet wash on Tuesday or Wednesday Laughing

Click image to enlarge

This coming week is manic, I hope to get my hands dirty on the V8 to get that back on the road properly again, but apart from Washing, driving and enjoying this one, I have 3 other cars that are screaming for attention this week.

Black C-Max is going for its MOT, Blue C-Max is heading to a garage for repairs, The breaker Range Rover has to be finished and cut down by Sunday this coming weekend and gone off my neighbours drive, the V8 Range Rover (Oscar) needs the old drivers sidestep to be removed, a door seal sorted, emissions valve changing, door card re-fitting, central locking motor replacing and a damn good external clean after being caked in builders crap and garden mud.

All this magically has to be done between stripping an engine on my trailer, attending hospital appointments throughout the week, and doctors appointments, as well as going to help a friend out on the coast 1 day this week Laughing I can see me having to get my patio heaters out. I was also supposed to be finishing refurbishing the little trailer in my rear garden to a condition where I can use it as winter storage too. That won't be happening this week Shocked Laughing

This is also meant to be when I am supposed to be resting and doing nothing and living stress free for up to 8 weeks. That was a pipe dream before it was even suggested Rolling with laughter

Post #532375 27th Oct 2019 11:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 14 of 18 <123 ... 131415 161718>