Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Black Remapped 2004 TD6 Autobiography
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 15 of 18 <123 ... 1415 161718>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

On my way to and from Kew Gardens on Sunday, I did notice that people kept looking down at the drivers side of my bumper. I looked briefly and didn't notice anything. Then on my way out to deal with getting my C-Max recovered and repaired

I spotted what people were staring at Shocked

Shocked

The bolt/screw has vanished, I guess it was a casualty of the River Darent Rolling with laughter

I suppose I better add this the list of jobs for tomorrow Laughing

So tomorrow is mostly Range Rover related. The V8 needs the central locking motor checking before the door card is re-fitted. The TD6 needs the bumper trim sorting out. Will more than likely shove a cable tie in there for now, then I have to strip a V8 engine down from the breaker of the last components on it. Then if I have time, finish stripping the final parts off of the breaker ready for it to be cut up to be weighed in.

Next week, I am hoping to get more dry days so I can allocate 1 day per vehicle to get jobs ticked off the list.

I have the parts, but time really is the issue at the moment. It's hard trying to please everyone, keep my head above water and avoid landing back in A&E Rolling with laughter

However from now up until the 12th November, I have to avoid driving the Range Rover's as much as I can as I need to get back into the driving habits of someone who drives a manual ready for my trailer test, and glad I finally get to use my little runaround which had 3 hours spent on it with the AA only to be fixed in under 2 minutes upon arrival at the garage it was taken to Rolling with laughter

Post #532517 29th Oct 2019 12:45am
green-oval-nut

Finally, Google earth updated there street view for my road, absolutely gutted that my V8 wasn't here at the time. But Tank was parked outside Razz Laughing Very Happy

I can't remember for the life of me where I was with the V8 as this was before the accident. So in theory I was out somewhere.

Post #532976 2nd Nov 2019 5:39pm
Swipe

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography Td6 Java Black

You got me thinking of having a look at google street view on my street. Wasn’t sure if the photos had been updated... but sure enough they have updated the photos.
You can see me washing my wife’s car with the range and my work van parked on the drive 😂. 2004 Autobiography TD6 Java Black

Post #533021 3rd Nov 2019 12:11pm
green-oval-nut

Laughing

Post #533082 3rd Nov 2019 10:48pm
green-oval-nut

Got waaaaay too stressed about the upcoming week, and the anniversary's of people I was close to's deaths on the previous couple of weeks, so carved a big hole in my plans and took a drive down to the coast for the obligatory Battered sausage and chips and snuck in a little byway driving too after I checked that the byway I wanted was still open. Sinking marshland and fatties are fun Laughing No harm done to the coutry side, used low range to crawl out of a rut I got in with no grief at all. But as soon as the track was getting to this stage, I turned the car round and went back as I didn't want to destroy the track.

The only down side that really Censored me off, was the cable for the external door handle on the front passenger side appears to have snapped as the door now only opens from the internal handle. Couldn't have happened in the heat wave Rolling Eyes when I was doing lots of other jobs to this one. Instead Tank wants me to freeze.

Now parked up for at least 2 days though as I need to continue driving a manual car ready for my trailer test tomorrow.

Post #533806 11th Nov 2019 2:40pm
green-oval-nut

Typical, something big hit my windscreen hard yesterday 😭 so my 18 month old windscreen needs to be replaced. The damage is about the size of a 20p coin. I also bought a couple of battery monitors that link to my phones for the cars so I get a heads up in the future, if one of my cars decide to develop a battery drain fault. Only £20 😀

Post #534517 17th Nov 2019 2:04am
green-oval-nut

Thought I would fit something that I would consider an aid to the Tank to notify me of a low battery charge for if or when I end up with a battery drain or if I accidentally let the battery get too low when having doors open etc... So went to Lidl and spent £40 on 2 Battery monitors. What a load of old Censored

The idea of them is fine. But the software just does not work! To start with on both the android and IOS systems, the app tells you that you have input the incorrect password. Despite typing it digit for digit as displayed on the device! So checked the app reviews, seems to be a common fault, I then uninstalled the app and reinstalled it on both my Iphones, and after 1 time of saying incorrect password, it now justs auto exits the app as soon as you press the icon to try and connect to the device. So thought, ok, I will try it on my old Samsung Tablet, just in case the latest IOS software is not compatible with the app, and sadly, the same problem with android software! I have contacted the manufacturer in germany and hope to get an answer soon. I feel dirty enough as it is spending money in a shop like Lidl. I really don't want to have to go back to get refund.

If the software issue is resolved, then I will be fitting the other one to my other Land Rover (when I get one Laughing ) to keep an eye on things as I will be long distance hauling trailers.

Post #534618 17th Nov 2019 8:07pm
green-oval-nut

After contacting the company who supply and make the battery voltage monitor device, I was a little horrified once it finally worked at the results.

My car was last used on Saturday, and the battery is showing as just 65% charged. I guess this means next month is going to be expensive.

The app for the battery monitoring device only works part time though. But when it works, it is good.

Click image to enlarge

Sadly don't have time to do any work on the cars today either as dealing with getting another 4x4 to replace the C-Max and also recovering after catching 2 burglars in my back garden trying to get in 1 of my outbuildings who were a little surprised when I grabbed a hammer and went after them Rolling with laughter and woke up the neighbours shouting at them. Luckily nothing was taken, but police aren't interested in investigating as no theft took place and it was too dark for me to make out any features, other than 1 was tall, 1 was short, both seemed to be thin, and both could run Rolling with laughter Much to my dissapointment as the neighbours also heard me moaning that I didn't get to smack at least 1 of the little Censored

But I am grateful that nothing was stolen, or damaged, apart from some branches, twigs and grass, and that I wasn't attacked. My ankle is the only victim in this incident Laughing

Post #534678 18th Nov 2019 1:19pm
green-oval-nut

After a bad start to the day with my health, I had to force myself to empty the trailer of the engine that was in it that was covered up, and the hoist got stuck in the ground, so had to use Tank to help move the hoist with the engine on it. Worked great Laughing

Also an unexpected transporting job request came up, the ML isn't ready for the job so Tank is stepping up and doing the work.

Over 140 miles to go. But pretty much ready, apart from a couple of little jobs that need to be done. But the ML needs a thermostat and a towbar. So not ready.

Post #535349 24th Nov 2019 8:14pm
green-oval-nut

I have been busy between being ill. Tank is decorated for Christmas. And has been a great car, but not been used as much lately as I have been mostly using the ML.

Merry Christmas from Tank, Mona the ML and Me Rolling with laughter

Click image to enlarge

Post #537277 13th Dec 2019 3:32pm
rjff

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Like it, especially the way the antlers are highlighted.

Merry Christmas to all your "family" . Thumbs Up

ps, it must take ages to Tipex the number plates every time you take a photo Whistle Cheers
Richard

(there are no such things as an ordinary FullFat, an ordinary cat or too many tools)
2011 TDV8 Vogue Santorini Black
Gap IIDBT

Post #537292 13th Dec 2019 5:11pm
green-oval-nut

First time I lost trust in this car, always just got in it and without a second thought, driven it. At first when I first started it, HDC briefly flashed up and went out, got 8-10 miles up the road, and then everything lit up, ABS, HDC Inactive, Suspension Inactive, and every other Censored light, so without hesitation, I just turned around and brought the car home and grabbed the V8. I had no time to investigate as I had a long journey to do dead early in the morning. Well, early for me. When I got home 13 hours later Rolling Eyes I started the engine, No warning lights Shocked so plugged my diagnostics in, and the only thing that came up, was Permanent Brake Light Switch. Strange as the brakes lights were working properly with the pedal, so cleared the fault codes, went on a test drive, and everything was fine Shocked Rolling Eyes I really could have done without a £105 fuel bill this side of Christmas with the repair costs of my ML at the moment.

But Tank is in theory getting a brand new windscreen and scuttle panel tomorrow if Autoglass don't whimp out on the job Laughing and yet another day that I am supposed to be on bed rest, will involve me having to travel up to Dartford to collect the key to 1 of my cars while the garage is open, followed by a 2nd trip up to collect the ML after it has closed as that is the only time I can get someone to give me a lift up Rolling Eyes

I am now being pushed into selling 1 of my cars. 1. Money is tight. 2. I only need 1 car for personal use in all honesty. 3. I have the ML which for business use and that needs 1 more very large bill coming up on the ML so could do with freeing up the cash. And originally I was going to sell the V8, but I think it is time to let Tank go. But not letting it go for peanuts.

If I can magic up £1-2k in the next 6 weeks, then I won't have to sell this.

And I will be taking temporary ownership of my good friends campervan from some time in January if she gets a driving ban that her solicitor says is inevitable. But she doesn't want to sell her campervan, and doesn't want it to sit there and tempt her to drive it anyway.. So I have offered to look after it, which means another insurance bill and another motor outside of mine.

But tank may need a brake pedal switch soon, definitely needs the drivers door external cable fitting, and rear washer function sorting as the wiper wipes fine.

Now need to go and research what pads and discs I need on the Merc. Then I guess head to bed Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Post #537854 19th Dec 2019 1:16am
green-oval-nut

It all kicked off last night Shocked

Collected my ML from Dartford, and without meaning to, left my other half behind on the motorway as he was driving Tank.

I just parked up and noticed my phone going nuts, answered it to an irate person screaming your piece of Censored has broken down. It lost power and I limped it off the dual carriage way and now on a slip road. Luckily only 10 minutes from home, so rushed back, thinking based on the description of what happened, that an iintercooler pipe must have popped off, figuring I can limp it home. Started it up, and the slip road vanished for smoke coming from the exhaust of Tank Shocked Big Cry At that moment, I realized that the Turbo had finally Censored itself. So AA called again! Told me I would have to wait an hour but that they had sent the police Shocked because of my location Rolling with laughter They turned up, said I had done everything right and was safe Very Happy and I got permission to get my other half home and come back, then they vamoosed. Only sat in the ML for 20 minutes after I got back before recovery came. I was told that the AA wanted the agent to look at the car and then recover it to a safe place. Well... He said it, not me, He couldn't be Censored so just hooked up the winch and winched it on, then followed me up to the garage. Now based on what I told him and bearing in mind I said I don't think it should be started or driven under any circumstances, he then tried to get me to drive it from the truck to down the alley to the garage. I point blank refused and recorded him driving my car. He parked it in front of a gate that I had not seen the signs on yet, which meant that my car would be towed by the police if it was left where it was Censored Luckily I was in contact with the garage owner who informed me of the consequences. But the recovery truck had already vanished at this point, and I was left (disabled, on crutches) with the task of moving 2.75 tons of 4x4 up a long alley way! And had to move it around quarter of a mile by myself late at night. Managed to find a spot and had to leave it 2 foot away from the curb! Oh and getting a Range Rover over 9 speed bumps is NOT fun! But I did not want to damage my engine as the turbo had not runaway.

Now waiting to find out what is next in the process of getting the Turbo replaced. I am hoping that the warranty will be valid for this claim, but fear it may not be due to how the breakdown was handled by the AA!

But managed to get home at near midnight. Shattered. I am not looking forward to the rest of today. I won't get enough sleep to be able to stay civil to other humans, and I have 2 medical appointments, and goodness knows what else happening. But I fully intend on getting my backside into bed at the first opportunity after I have done everything.

Click image to enlarge

Post #537956 20th Dec 2019 1:34am
green-oval-nut

Woohoo, I am finally collecting Tank tomorrow. New Turbo now fitted, and new brake pedal switch, Thank you AA BRC which has meant that I only have to pay £130 as that is what it went over the BRC Claim amount I could claim. The ML is next inline. Laughing

Post #539641 6th Jan 2020 7:46pm
green-oval-nut

Nothing scarier than being told by your breakdown attendant that you are lucky to be alive Shocked The ML was leaking exhaust gases soo badly into the cabin that had I not had all the windows open for the entire journey today, I could have ended up in a bad situation. Luckily I knew there was an issue (didn't realise it was quite that bad though Laughing ) So got it to the garage and now it is in for a new turbo. Which meant, Finally, I got Tank back Very Happy

I thought it was pretty quick after the remap, but now with the new turbo fitted, this TD6 is rapid, I don't think the V8 would beat the TD6 by much now.

It was fantastic driving the TD6 again. Love it even more than before. So glad I had a warranty though. That took £500 off the bill Laughing

Just waiting for the ML's bill next Big Cry

The back of Tank was caked in oil residue, so had to take it to a jet wash. However that didn't fully solve it, so I will be using fairy washing up liquid in a spray bottle on Thursday to get rid of the final residue.

I also had to drive home with Christmas decoration on it still as some idiot Embarassed forgot the scissors to get the cable ties off Laughing

Post #539771 7th Jan 2020 9:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 15 of 18 <123 ... 1415 161718>