Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > So here is why I am done with Land Rover after 20 years
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
CUE99T

Scotland 

Didnt they just!!

That was MOT station, not Taggarts just to be clear. lol all smug in my new plug!

2021 Westminster Black D300
2013 Vogue SE - gone
Some Porsche Cayenne guff pretending to be a 4x4!!
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #539069 1st Jan 2020 1:52am
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

That shows a great lack of care from the original garage, they have obviously been at that with several hammers. Probably didn’t have the correct tools to do it and have just whaled on it making the whole situation a damn site worse. A properly equipped dealer/garage should have been able to separate that. It’s not a dissimilar joint to the one on the 322, and I managed to get that off my 12 with some ingenuity and swear words....without damaging the hub..... There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #539092 1st Jan 2020 12:41pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Good lord, some monkey boys been whacking the crap out of that, mental. I’m sure I’ve seen that plate before mate. On a black 911?

Post #539098 1st Jan 2020 12:58pm
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

CUE99T wrote:
So as a few have asked what am I going to consider next....heres the list and a bit of a stats list on the front runners:

1. Cayenne Turbo [S E-hybrid maybe]
2. G63 - 2019 onwards
3. Bentayga - would be 2020 car not current

and maybe

4. Urus (seems a ridiculous price tho)
5. RSQ8 (was considering SQ7 but it seems diesel only)

I was looking at SVA Dynamic P565. was at the top....now at the bottom of my list!!

Things I want:
Petrol only.
Apple Car Play
Soft Close doors (G wagen aside)
Towing 3.5T

Please excuse me if it's already been mentioned, but as this is quite a long thread, I've only read the first two and last two pages in order to get the gist, but you do know that there's a Bentayga Facelift been launched at Geneva in March don't you?

I've already paid a deposit, delivery should be next August.

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-shots/bentley/bentayga/

It may have already been mentioned but thought I should just point it out

Post #539107 1st Jan 2020 2:48pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

Mr Tee wrote:
Good lord, some monkey boys been whacking the crap out of that, mental. I’m sure I’ve seen that plate before mate. On a black 911?

Yeah my last 911 was a black 997 Turbo. Its been on quite a few 911's and Ferraris over the years. all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #539115 1st Jan 2020 4:05pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

aja500 wrote:

Please excuse me if it's already been mentioned, but as this is quite a long thread, I've only read the first two and last two pages in order to get the gist, but you do know that there's a Bentayga Facelift been launched at Geneva in March don't you?

I've already paid a deposit, delivery should be next August.

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-shots/bentley/bentayga/

It may have already been mentioned but thought I should just point it out

Thanks aja500, yeah Ive seen that there is a new one out. Do you mean March 2020 is launched?

Paul all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #539116 1st Jan 2020 4:06pm
aja500

Hi Paul

Yes, March 2020 at Geneva is when I've been told it will first be shown.

I'm hoping the front end of the car will be much improved, as I've never been particularly keen on it. The tech was also greatly in need of an update.

On a positive note though, the quality of materials in the cabin of the Bentayga have always been excellent and they should continue to be in the new model.

At the moment, I think Bentley are very hard to beat in terms of interior materials quality and drive for that matter. I've also just ordered a Continental GT Convertible W12 (delivery due in March), I compared it to a Rolls Royce Dawn which I had on loan for 4 days prior and the Continental beat it hands down in every way and £100k less on RRP!

Post #539120 1st Jan 2020 4:37pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

Top stuff!!

I really liked the new GT interior and dash, in fact the new GT is really nice all round, and I've never been massively into the exterior of a Bentayga and always felt the centre console a bit of a let down in the car, but if it looks like the Spur then it might be quite good!!

I'm going to the Dusseldorf boat show to spec up the new SeaRay so maybe make the Geneva car show again this year if I have time.....do you go midweek or at the weekend? I did the weekend the year before last and found it quite busy. The RUF stand was very good!! I'm a Porsche guy deep down clearly!!

Do you think there will be a wait for the Bentayga if you order at the show? all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #539125 1st Jan 2020 6:21pm
aja500

Hi Paul

I don't think they'll necessarily be a wait time much greater than the production time at point of Geneva Motor Show - If I'm honest, the only reason I've paid a deposit at this stage is that we'd put it on the outgoing model, then just as I was finalising the build spec, thank god I read online that a new car was coming, so I told the dealer to shift my deposit to the new model, which he was able to do at that stage.

As for going to the Geneva Motor Show, I hadn't planned to go, I was just going to wait for photos to appear online but I suppose I should go and look really - Interesting what you say about the weekend, I will probably look to avoid then if I do decide to visit.

As for the SeaRay - Tell me more, which model are you looking at?

We did think about a boat last year but with two large dogs, concluded we wouldn't be able to spend enough time away from them, to justify the expense.

Allister

Apologies to all for going off topic a bit

Post #539129 1st Jan 2020 6:52pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

Allister, tbh if you get an early flight you can do it all in 4-5hrs as its right at the airport of Geneva, but I booked to stay over to meet some friends the last time which got cancelled as they decided to go on the Thursday but I had meetings I couldn't change. My stepson who is now car mad loved it, but I think once you've done it there would need to be something in particular for you to want to go again the following year if you know what I mean.

Its good to go and see, and if you can organise stand access to some brands then I would as you cant get near the high end brands unless pre-organised.

I have always been afan of German tuners, so was good to see Gemballa, Ruf and Brabus - was also great to see some of the converted stuff and getting up close to Keonigsegg cars was amazing to see all the carbon bodywork. Apart from that its mainly just a load of brands you'll see here in the uk if you visit dealerships.

So the SeaRay ...... so we currently have a 2018 - 230 Sunsport with a Wakeboard Tower etc for watersports on Loch Lomond. We had a Super Air Nautique 210 for years (was the late Colin McRae's old boat) and sold our Super Air Nautique 230 which was 2yrs old for theSeaRay as fancied a bit of a 2 berth Cuddy to try out. We do a lot of watersports on Loch Lomond - surfing and wakeboarding and have a couple of new jetskis from SeaDoo this year as my old Kawasaki had seen better days, and I'm from Loch Lomond so its my place to get away with all the madness of work and so on.

I was in Cannes for the summer show and test drove the 290 & 320 Sundancer - I loved both but the extra width on the 320 made it for me - its sublime and a total piece of cake to drive with the new digital gearbox technology!! Personally I really like SeaRay, their service and hospitality and customer care is amazing and you get to meet the designers, engineers and all the staff at the shows! I think thats the problem I have with car dealerships now.....other people show you how its supposed to be done, and its hard to look back and accept the rubbish we get from them when others do it so well!!!

So the 320 Coupe was launched with outboards at the Fort Laudervale show a couple of months ago and I loved it!! I'm going to to Dusseldorf as the 320 Coupe isn't out yet here and its being launched there for Europe, and a friend has the 320 normal version he . bought at Cannes and I think for Scotland the Coupe is more suited for me to get a bit more shelter. We use Scotland Nautique for all our boating....brilliant guys, and cant do enough, and have built the best community thats ever existed in Scotland for boating!! Maybe you need to come see a big boat or two at Ardlui and bring the dogs, as its super dog friendly there, even in the hotel?

The fact that Poland is now the build location for SeaRay also helps us avoid the 25% extra taxation Mr Trump has killed us with for any US Imports!! Hence why we haven't bought another Nautique G23/G25. SeaRay are dumping the big 40ft plus stuff so 320/350 will be the biggest I think produced for Europe. I find Facebook Groups for SeaRay are superb also, great . guys who just love boats.

I think thats fully off topic now!! lol But hey its the New Year so it was either post this or look up a new diet!! lol

Has the dealer given you a new RRP for the Bentayga yet? all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Last edited by CUE99T on 1st Jan 2020 9:52pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #539141 1st Jan 2020 9:40pm
Rosco

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

Allister, still off topic but if it helps I watched the 'Swiss Family Robinson' yesterday and they had 2 great danes on a boat !! Just saying..... Thumbs Up

Post #539142 1st Jan 2020 9:46pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

Tbh at Cameron House . I see lots of dogs on the boats. quite popular actually, and on the loch there is loads of islands to stop at and let the dogs run about!! all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #539144 1st Jan 2020 10:06pm
swissomatic

United States 2015 Range Rover 5.0 SC V8 Fuji White
Decisions

I am off to Savannah tomorrow to pick out the interior of my new G750. Delivery is a bitch but the only alternative is the new Global which has an ugly toilet door. Oops sorry off topic.

Post #539148 1st Jan 2020 11:06pm
aja500

Morning Paul

Firstly, it's interesting what you say about Stand Access at the Geneva show, I hadn't thought of that. I'll certainly speak to the Head of Business where I'm buying before attending.

Secondly, sounds like you'e got a really nice set up at Loch Lomond. We do love Scotland, before buying here in East Sussex we did explore the possibility of Scotland, viewing properties from the Scottish Borders up to Perthshire (found a great hotel with fantastic restaurant which we now miss called Cromlix) but in the end we decided to go for the South East, as it provided easy access to Europe for driving holidays (hence the Continental GTC) and also Gatwick / Heathrow for long haul destinations.

The SeaRay looks great, I Googled and watched a couple of videos, it's a beautiful boat. I know many people do take their dogs boating but we have two Pyrenean Mountain Dog's one, the male is 77kg (about 12 stone) the other (female) is lighter at about 60kg, so taking them with us on a boat simply wouldn't work, sadly.

As for the Bentayga RRP, no they haven't told me yet but I'm guessing 3% increase tops, if that. I also doubt they'll be little or no discount as a refreshed model, so there will be slight increase based on the outgoing version.

Allister

Post #539159 2nd Jan 2020 10:13am
CUE99T

Scotland 
Re: Decisions

swissomatic wrote:
I am off to Savannah tomorrow to pick out the interior of my new G750. Delivery is a bitch but the only alternative is the new Global which has an ugly toilet door. Oops sorry off topic.

Is that one of the Big Ribs swissomatic? all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #539168 2nd Jan 2020 11:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>