Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Pez02

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Causeway Grey

Cost associated please

Post #549618 7th Apr 2020 2:26pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

As DrRob says LR describe them as "sealed for life", but Q what they regard as "life" (they'd like you to scrap your car and buy another rather than keep going...). I had thought the 8 speed gearbox manufacturer ZF envisaged about 75,000 miiles, but it does depend on what sort of driving your car has done, so lots of heavy towing in hilly terrain, hard use in a really hot country etc will mean the mileage would be shorter. I think some of the independent technicians on here regard 60,000 miles as best practice (happy to be put right on that).

Not having needed a change yet I cannot comment on cost, sorry. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #549619 7th Apr 2020 2:27pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

If you can buy the fluid and filter the LR book rate for doing this used to be quite reasonable. It was a few years back but iirc I paid hunters in Derby about £100 in labour.

Best to source the filter and fluid rather than buy off a garage. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #549667 7th Apr 2020 8:39pm
Charles89

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Scotia Grey

I actually just did mine a short while ago 4.4 SDV8. Its a plastic integrated sump and filter, transfer oil, transmission oil (life guard 8 ZF) and front and rear diff oil. I used a large syringe to replace the fluid.

Sorry that is all the pictures I have. Selfishly I got so in the zone when doing it that I forgot to take any pictures other than these! even though I actually intended on making a sticky post to show others how to do it...

Under trays off, sump drain out with 10mm Allen key, take off all sump bolts, drop the pan, replace, re-fill to until oil comes out of the overflow, then start her up, cycle through D,R,N,P leave in park with the engine running, and then continue filling again until oil flows out of the over flow. I then left mine over flowing for a further 5 liters to flush out the torque converter and used a standard oil catch can to catch the over flow. its a really easy job with a ramp.

All in it cost me about £500 to do all oils, diffs, transfer, and transmission.

Post #549818 10th Apr 2020 6:20am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12