Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Fitting my Naviplus / air play unit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 13 <123 ... 567 ... 111213>
Print this entire topic · 
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Thanks.

Yes the blue one was no bother. Just press down the hook lifts up and you can pull it off.

I was going down the insert screwdriver path but sadly that is when one side of the white lip broke off. Still annoyed by that as I dismantled the whole dashboard without snapping anything šŸ¤£šŸ˜¢

Iā€™ve also tried to insert my pointy tool to no avail.

There must be a really easy trick to it when everyone has manager to take it off.

Post #589442 29th Mar 2021 9:59am
Bl4ckD0g

Anyone any ideas? I need help Big Cry

Iā€™ve had two neighbours look who are also miffed about this connector. Heck I donā€™t even know what it does although I rather not just cut it off. I mean all of you have had to do this right? Surely it would have been memorable?

Click image to enlarge

Post #589555 30th Mar 2021 5:38pm
Flintstones

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

I would love to do this.. but stripping the dash out to that extent - scares the willies out of me! Never trust a skinny chef

Post #589556 30th Mar 2021 5:55pm
Bl4ckD0g

It is actually logical and easy especially once you have done it once. The problem is that the instructions skip parts, as do the workshop manuals, and the online videos are all for other models not these late L322s. Oh and then there is the part where you need to pull on plastic parts that feels unnatural. And then once you are at the end there is literally one stupid connector that Iā€™m stuck on for three days now. I really donā€™t want to put my car together again and give up, but I just donā€™t get this connector.

Surely there must be a special way to it. For example when disconnecting the throttle pedal sensor on a VAG you have to push it in whilst pulling out. They should shoot engineers that think of connectors like that.

Post #589566 30th Mar 2021 6:48pm
Bl4ckD0g

Ok I got that one. The trick to do this is to push it down, like it goes on tighter, and push the flexible ish part in. You can do that with one hand. Then with a screwdriver or other hard part you can wedge underneath the metal part and lift it out. So push down, in and out all at the same time.

Post #589570 30th Mar 2021 7:20pm
=dj=

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Orkney Grey

Oh wow, well done - I'm really pleased to hear you're past that wretched thing now!

Hope the screen mods are going well Thumbs Up

Post #589601 30th Mar 2021 9:24pm
Bl4ckD0g

Thanks Smile I dismantled the unit to remove the metal surround from the screen but noticed I was loosing light, and getting tired so will do the wiring a bit later today as I'd like to be careful with those fragile flex connectors...

I've got my iFixit electronics repair tools kit to the ready Smile

https://store.ifixit.co.uk/products/pro-tech-toolkit

Post #589682 31st Mar 2021 2:54pm
jjfang

United States 2012 Range Rover HSE 5.0 V8 Santorini Black

Have any of you guys had issues with the LVDS cable where audio suddenly only comes out one side of the vehicle? Ive had this system installed for a while now 6 months to a year and I was driving and all of a sudden my audio started to only come out from one side. Has anyone else experienced this? Im very close to just buying a new LVDS cable

Post #589930 2nd Apr 2021 12:04am
Bl4ckD0g

I'm doing the cabling part now, but my gosh the Naviplus instructions are absolutely shocking. They don't identify components supplied correctly, port names are different on what is provided compared to their instructions. Seriously one of the worst instructions I've ever come across. LOL Even the reference to the power cables is wrong, the instructions talk about power cable 7 and I've got a power cable 15. This really doesn't have to be that hard and for the money it should be a lot better.

My dip switches are (pre)set for 2,3,4 & 8 down. As I understand from looking at Korean websites the 2,3,4 are to do with the displays, but number 8 is vehicle specific. Although there doesn't seem to be much there regarding the L322 2010-2012...

Post #589977 2nd Apr 2021 11:58am
Bl4ckD0g

The version of the LVDS cable to seems also different. I've got these rings as a separate cable attached. The instruction manual makes no mention of them at all. Did anyone else get this version? And if so what are they supposed to be connected to?

Click image to enlarge

Post #589979 2nd Apr 2021 12:17pm
Bl4ckD0g

I'm thinking they've given me the wrong kit...The new touch film doesn't look like anything in the instructions either. And doesn't seem to line up at all with the additional board....

Sigh...

Post #589981 2nd Apr 2021 12:36pm
Bl4ckD0g

I really didn't want to do this, but Censored I'll have to put it all back together again, and then do it all over again. I know I want Apple CarPlay badly, but my gosh I've never seen such a bad instruction kit of any company ever.

Grrr Censored

Post #589982 2nd Apr 2021 12:46pm
Bl4ckD0g

Andy2986 wrote:
Censored me !!

I nearly threw the fuse board across the drive, what a pain......

So not all good Im afraid Sad

The head unit mods were not to bad

Soldering the aux and can bus cables to the connectors was a royal pain in the bum due to lack of space and the LR loom being all twisted.
None of the colour codes matched but the pin outs in the instructions were spot on, the main loom supplied helped make a lot of sense as to where stuff goes.

I managed to get it all wired in and roughly ready for a trial run

reconnected the battery and ....... nothing ! just a landrover logo and thats all and a sense of dread that i had ruined a perfectly good stereo system !

I got called in for dinner at that point and whilst eating it dawned on me that maybe the CD player has to be in circuit as well, It was still in the boot !!
So after dinner I connected the CD player up and Bingo ! the standard system came on line and works perfectly.

So I hold down the call end button on the wheel the display switches and says "navi no signal"

at least its switching though !

Also I plugged my phone into the USB (i haven't extended it yet) and it does nothing, (no charge bong!) so im thinking the problem might be in the Netplay Box not powering up.

Anyway, will email Naviplus now and see what they say...

Its not all bad, and is probably something simple.

So far the worst of it was stripping down the trim and removing the fuse board and soldering those pigging wires by the head unit behind where the fuse board lives..

Looking at the first image they've given me the Flexi connector for the old style board like what you had...

Post #589986 2nd Apr 2021 1:20pm
jjfang

United States 2012 Range Rover HSE 5.0 V8 Santorini Black

Ended up figuring it out. Silly issue somehow the dumby aux I had in the aix port moved and that caused the sound to get altered all good. Iā€™m fairly happy I didnā€™t have too many issues installing my only complaint is the static that happens sometimes when the system wakes up

Post #590023 2nd Apr 2021 7:19pm
Bl4ckD0g

Cool. Glad youā€™ve managed to find the root cause.

Iā€™ve heard back from naviplus which is impressive on good Friday. I wasnā€™t expecting to hear anything until Tuesday. But we are still ā€œarguingā€ about what Iā€™ve received. Itā€™s very clear as I received the newest boards and boxes but somehow the connectors for the first version as per the OP. Real Censored . Anyway Iā€™ve put my car back together only took a couple of hours. But sadly without CarPlay so Iā€™ll have to do it all over again Sad

Post #590025 2nd Apr 2021 7:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 13 <123 ... 567 ... 111213>