Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Fitting my Naviplus / air play unit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 13 <123 ... 678 ... 111213>
Print this entire topic · 
jjfang

United States 2012 Range Rover HSE 5.0 V8 Santorini Black

So long story short, my screen touch function has stopped working. All the physical buttons work, the switch between the apple CarPlay and OEM system works, music still works, but the touch function has stopped working. Ive already tried disconnecting the battery to see if it will do a hard reset. Naviplus thinks its my touch board/screen thats stopped working. So Ive ordered a new touch board and a used head unit to use the ribbon cables from that if mine are damaged. Has anyone else heard of the touch board failing on these vehicles?

Post #596547 5th Jun 2021 8:48pm
enterinner

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Baltic Blue

Just fitted my NaviPlus, this guide was great. Did anyone have any issues with the Steering wheel buttons. I don't seem to be able to configure them under settings via 'SWC Learning' process.

Post #609455 17th Oct 2021 10:23am
Siftah

Spain 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Didn't have any problems with the SWC learning process, what are you struggling with? Is it not seeing the buttons?

Post #609463 17th Oct 2021 11:10am
enterinner

Yes, not seeing the buttons when trying to configure volume + for example. Just sits there as if nothing has been pressed. I'm assuming it's to do with the canbus. Wanting to know if it's too with anything behind the radio as if it isn't I can put the dash back in. I've sent a query to NaviPlus and am awaiting a response but was hoping someone else may have seen it and know what it is so I can complete the job. Thanks for replying.

Post #609476 17th Oct 2021 12:44pm
Siftah

It's been a while since I did mine and my memories not the best but...

I'm pretty sure the SWC are done via the Canbus and that's hooked into on the little silver box, not in the circuitry that goes into the screen - the stuff in the screen is just to hijack the signal for the touch screen and to inject the video/switch between native and Naviplus video.

Post #609506 17th Oct 2021 5:32pm
=dj=

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Orkney Grey

Volume + and - don’t need setting up, as CarPlay works through the AUX input, which already responds to the steering wheel controls.
The only buttons I configured were previous and next track…

Post #609534 17th Oct 2021 10:55pm
enterinner

Just to confirm it was the DIP switches. On my model (2012) I needed dip switches 4 * 7 only. All resolved now.

Post #609707 19th Oct 2021 2:32pm
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

nearly forgot about this. Once I got the proper part it was an easy run. I've super fast at removing the dashboard now Smile and have been using this for many months. I wouldn't want to be without it. We travelled internationally in it as well and it is so nice to have Waze and Spotify properly integrated.

Every now and then it seems to forget the the steering wheel controls and I have to reprogram them again, but that only takes a minute. We use it with three iPhones and one Samsung. All good, although Android Auto is pretty Censored compared to Apple CarPlay Laughing

Best upgrade anyone can do to their L322, well after removing all the chrome bits of course Razz

Post #614469 2nd Dec 2021 5:52pm
Siftah

Totally agree, having Waze working on the screen is worth the cost of purchase alone for me (mostly because I'm crap at directions) Smile

I also really love being able to voice control, "Hey siri, play me some music" or whatever, instead of having to fiddle with the touchscreen, amazing. If you have HomeKit enabled stuff you can also say things like "Hey Siri, open the garage doors" etc.

Glad it's working out for you!

Post #614470 2nd Dec 2021 6:05pm
Bl4ckD0g

Definitely, Hey Siri tell my wife that I am in the pub Laughing

I was a little concerned about sound quality as it plugs in using the analogue plugs but it is all fine. It got the thumbs up from my daughter who is very picky.

It brings this car right back up to date. I quite enjoy driving it...

Post #614477 2nd Dec 2021 6:43pm
Siftah

Oh for sure, the audio quality from Music on the phone is much better than the radio and I'd dare say maybe even from the CD player.

(This comment may be contentious... the CD player is optical/digital, whereas the CarPlay is using an Analogue/AUX connection, so it shouldn't really be as good, however, the Apple Music source content can be a higher quality than CD's have, so it perhaps balances out...)

And, you laugh but... I do actually have some home automation setup so our Alexa announces when I leave the office, arrive at the supermarket or am approaching home so my other half knows where I am Smile

Post #614549 3rd Dec 2021 10:07am
Bl4ckD0g

Haha love it Smile We do that kind of stuff as well. My lights/heating etc are also automated. When dark the intensity increases when entering on the driveway, and when making way to the front door the same happens in the hallway, but only when the doorbell gets pressed....

The power of properly integrated CarPlay shouldn't be underestimate, this goes way way beyond a bovee or standalone CarPlay or screen mirroring solutions. And no wires, retain full functionality of the car system, and yes you can use automation and all sorts of other tricks.

Heck for me the uptodate always on speed camera database notifications are brilliant and worth it alone. Love it how even when you are in say Spotify or Apple Music they still popup as notifications.

Post #614551 3rd Dec 2021 10:15am
bigben

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Fitted mine this weekend. A few observations:

- Apart from removing the side airvents the dash removal was pretty straightforward
- Fitting the cables into the display unit was difficult, I had to take a hacksaw to some of the metalwork to make an exit route for the LVDS cable. The instructions are pretty terrible on how to undo the OEM flex connectors and could really have done with some clearer photos (I speak as an electronics engineer with a lot of experience with flex circuits but have not seen that style of connector before).
- Glad to have read someone on here mentioning that the headunit could be dropped out below the fuse board, this saved what looked like A LOT of work
- Good support from Naviplus when I had some teething problems, traced it to a badly seated LVDS cable
- Now have everything fitted but have not got the interior back together, ran out of time / core body temperature! I will find positions for each of the boxes when I am doing the final fit

I am already seeing this as a major update on my previous Bovee + spotify solution so it will have been worth it

Ben

P.S. anyone know how to clear an airbag error light? 2011 TDV8 Vogue
2007 TDV8 Vogue

Post #621115 23rd Jan 2022 5:57pm
Bl4ckD0g

Yes I used a dremel to make more space for that cable to be nicely routed. I think it could be avoided but I wanted the shorter neatest route.

Gap IID should be able to clear codes.

Post #621122 23rd Jan 2022 6:38pm
jjfang

United States 2012 Range Rover HSE 5.0 V8 Santorini Black

So recently I noticed that I was having issues with my sound coming from one side only. I know when installing my LVDS cable was giving me issues but it been over a year no issues. If I mess with my aux plug in a little it seems to fix the issues. Is it common for a aux head to go bad or could it be that my LVDS cable is giving me issues? My thought process was that is its my LVDS then messing with the aux position and etc should even fix that issue.

Post #621270 24th Jan 2022 9:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 13 <123 ... 678 ... 111213>