Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Please help choose my first Full Fat RR
Which path to take?
Buy a 2015 - Land Rover Approved car and install an Android aftermarket headunit (cheaper option)
40%
 40%  [11]
Buy a 2017 - not under warranty car and attempt to put it under Land Rover warranty later (expensive option)
59%
 59%  [16]
Total Votes: 27

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
Kot

United Kingdom 

Its worth spending £20 for something like AA HPI check, it tells you milage history and if its had serious accident damage.
Covers Car cloning and MOT history etc. Also you get insurance cover £30k if they have made a mistake. Google it there are other providers.

https://hpicheck.com/?wgu=8445_1280385_161...piwebgains 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #592758 30th Apr 2021 9:03am
eugeneville

United Kingdom 

Thank you very much. They have however shown me a print out of an hpi check. I imagine I can ask for an id of it to check its legitimacy.

Post #592764 30th Apr 2021 9:34am
Sacimiddx

England 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV6 Corris Grey

Do it Thumbs Up

Post #592766 30th Apr 2021 9:55am
eugeneville

United Kingdom 

Haha yes, I'm certainly planning on doing just that Cool
I take it, that nobody was concerned with the issues that I've found on the car and the attached pictures also didn't raise any suspicion? Confused

Post #592772 30th Apr 2021 11:47am
Kot

United Kingdom 

I bought mine a month ago from a LR dealer.

There was a mistake made by Dealer on inputting the milage about 2 years ago it was picked up on the AA HPI check and I had to get the dealer to write and send proof to NMR including all services and their milage to get it corrected. The dealer was not aware of the mistake. Could have been a problem when/If I ever sell it. 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #592778 30th Apr 2021 12:33pm
eugeneville

United Kingdom 

eugeneville wrote:
Haha yes, I'm certainly planning on doing just that Cool
I take it, that nobody was concerned with the issues that I've found on the car and the attached pictures also didn't raise any suspicion? Confused

The misaligned moulding can even be seen in the ad pic. But other than the moulding the door itself closes well and all gaps are even and that line that runs just below "on the handle height" lines up well.

Post #592790 30th Apr 2021 2:14pm
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Thumbs Up

Last edited by caymanblack on 30th Apr 2021 5:24pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #592809 30th Apr 2021 5:22pm
caymanblack

Are they going do all those scratches then?

Doesnt look bad though.

Post #592811 30th Apr 2021 5:23pm
eugeneville

United Kingdom 

They said they will address all the issues I was able to find, will carry out the service it's due and address MOT advisories.

One worrying development though is that they initially said that the car comes with a one year no quibble warranty from their own garage. But today I get a call and they are backtracking on that point and are now saying they are attempting to put it under JLR official warranty or AA warranty.
Rather dodgy, but I might be judging too early.
They also mentioned that a trader/garage like themselves cannot take it to LR dealer to have them check the car over and issue a warranty (circa £1500) and that it needs to be the current owner (on behalf of who they are currently selling this car, a person they are claiming they've known for years).

What do you think?

Post #592812 30th Apr 2021 5:30pm
caymanblack

eugenville, i think if they can put a Genuine LR warranty on the car for you it's a very good option.

Post #592851 1st May 2021 8:10am
eugeneville

United Kingdom 

100% yes, but they are saying that a garage like themselves cannot do it on behalf of the current owner, that it has to be the owner himself. Rather odd...
Will decline the car if they end up offering a discount so I could go and put it under JLR warranty myself. This would tell me that there is something that is being hidden, etc.
Time will tell how this situation unfolds, will keep you in the loop.

Post #592854 1st May 2021 8:40am
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Read the terms and conditions from Land Rover. That will have the answer within it.

I don’t think it’s odd at all. Many manufacturers do that. The original owner can extend the warranty in certain conditions, but subsequent owners cannot unless the warranty was transferred to them.

Why would a third part garage with no affiliation to land rovers standing be trusted to warrant cars on behalf of Range Rover?

Post #592855 1st May 2021 8:47am
caymanblack

I do believe that the owner of the car will be offered to extend the warranty, whereas if sold and without the extension having been done then the car will need to go through all the checks and costs before it can be added.
I,m going to sell my SVR so i have just extended the warranty to make it easy for the new owner to take it over.

Post #592857 1st May 2021 8:55am
eugeneville

United Kingdom 

Bl4ckD0g wrote:
Read the terms and conditions from Land Rover. That will have the answer within it.

I don’t think it’s odd at all. Many manufacturers do that. The original owner can extend the warranty in certain conditions, but subsequent owners cannot unless the warranty was transferred to them.

Why would a third part garage with no affiliation to land rovers standing be trusted to warrant cars on behalf of Range Rover?

I believe you've misunderstood my earlier messages, what I meant to write is that any Land Rover provided it hasn't done more than 100K miles, is not more than 10 years old and has had correct service done at the correct time can be issued an official warranty.
The process as far as I know is that the car is taken to one of the JLR service stations, car is checked for around £300 and the requirement is that any issues found my LR service men are rectified. Provided these steps are carried out then an official warranty can be issued for around £1200 a year.

What I find odd is that they are telling me that they can't take the car to an official JLR service station/dealership to have the above process carried out on behalf of the current owner (so thaf then I could purchase the car and the warranty to be carried over to me). I'm being told that it has to be the current owner in person to show up with the car at the dealership and do the above steps. Being told that the current owner is hard to get a hold of and he is very busy to be doing this.

Pardon if I wasn't clear before or if I have my facts mixed up or misunderstood.

Post #592863 1st May 2021 9:58am
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

JLR don't know who owns the car or ask for a V5...

Get them to put their money where there mouth is and let you take it to the dealer (as the new owner) and get the warrantee extended at their cost, then sign on the dotted line...!! Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #592865 1st May 2021 10:06am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>