Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Please help choose my first Full Fat RR
Which path to take?
Buy a 2015 - Land Rover Approved car and install an Android aftermarket headunit (cheaper option)
40%
 40%  [11]
Buy a 2017 - not under warranty car and attempt to put it under Land Rover warranty later (expensive option)
59%
 59%  [16]
Total Votes: 27

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
Chalky

United Kingdom 

The adaptive speed limiter sees the 30mph sign for example (through Traffic sign recognition) and automatically brings the car's speed down to that speed if you are doing say,39mph. No matter what you do with your right foot the speed will not go above 30mph (unless you use hard kick-down).

As I understand it, Adaptive cruise control sees a vehicle in front of you and slows the car on a Mway? My car's normal CC just sets a speed until you brake or accelerate. All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #605482 3rd Sep 2021 11:32am
eugeneville

United Kingdom 

Glad to see replies on this thread Thumbs Up

As far as I understand, an Adaptive Speed Limiter is only available on 18MY+ FFRRs and is not an option on 17MY...
Is that about right?

Although below video (even though it's for USDM) seems to suggest that 2017 models have the ability to automatically lower/increase speed whilst on Adaptive Cruise Control via a Speed Limiter... Question
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbZT5v4eWfw

Post #605486 3rd Sep 2021 12:09pm
eugeneville

United Kingdom 

Ok after double checking in the car itself, I see that there is an "intelligent speed limiter" if enabled it limits the speed to what the camera (traffic sign recognition) has read...
With above enabled there doesn't appear to be a way to engage any type of a cruise control (since the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel now control the speed limited and the front alert distance), which baffles me Shocked
Am I missing something?
It would appear logical to have the ability to have both enabled since the car can already accelerate/decelarate on its own (ACC), why not take input from the traffic sign recognition and slow/speed the car up when driven past a particular sign Question
(Especially when all the tech is already there, it's just SW at this point)

Post #605505 3rd Sep 2021 5:03pm
eugeneville

United Kingdom 

This article seems to further prove my point, that ISL and ACC can't work together on a 2017MY range rover Rolling Eyes
https://www.ovalnews.com/2017/02/what-inte...rover.html

Censored
https://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/docume...c/G1964579

Quote:
The ISL is not available when cruise control is in operation.

Post #605506 3rd Sep 2021 5:05pm
BizBo

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

I agree totally!

It does seem a little odd it’s not capable of it!

eugeneville wrote:
Ok after double checking in the car itself, I see that there is an "intelligent speed limiter" if enabled it limits the speed to what the camera (traffic sign recognition) has read...
With above enabled there doesn't appear to be a way to engage any type of a cruise control (since the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel now control the speed limited and the front alert distance), which baffles me Shocked
Am I missing something?
It would appear logical to have the ability to have both enabled since the car can already accelerate/decelarate on its own (ACC), why not take input from the traffic sign recognition and slow/speed the car up when driven past a particular sign Question
(Especially when all the tech is already there, it's just SW at this point)
 FFRR 2018

Post #605509 3rd Sep 2021 6:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345