Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > I'm now a Regeneration trainee nerd--lol
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 23 <123 ... 789 ... 212223>
Print this entire topic · 
luxmoggy

Germany 2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Montalcino Red

So doing my first trip with the gap tool monitoring the soot. So I started with 3.4g. I have driven 700km. The soot never got higher than 5g. The passive regen reduced that to 0g at times. After driving through the Fernpass, which was slower soot was still not higher than 4g. An active regen started - not sure why, but if using car scanner pro I assume that it would have reached 100% soot. A short journey today. Then the car will sit for a week. Before the drive home. SDV8 AB MY 2020
MINI Cooper S Cabrio
Kit: Jaguar XK140 (in progress - the website is link to build)

Post #651494 23rd Dec 2022 6:31am
Kot

United Kingdom 

Luxmoggy
I get to about 52 to 54% soot, then I usually, depending on conditions being met Rolling with laughter get an active Regen, only when it triggers to value 2 (active regen) does it default to 100% soot.
That 100%, is just another indicator that a AR has started, and if you stop the car and Regen is interrupted, on starting again the 100% remains, which is an indicator the system will when conditions are met want to restart the AR cycle it doesn't mean the DPF is 100% full.
The trigger will be 0 or 1 (passive) until conditions are met for 2 (AR) and restarts.

Regarding soot g v soot %, I can only presume % is % of volume of DPF so should relate to values in WSM and posted in similar DPF threads. (shown below)
But then you get into another question Rolling with laughter what weight is Ash compared to soot, is grams a good measure ? or is % the better realistic value to use? We all are aware, the soot is burnt off in the AR process, I presume ash
is removed during that process but surely that removal would be a function of gas flow through the dpf, would love to see the algorithm Rolling with laughter

Amber ON 23.3g
Amber OFF 17.5g
Red ON 27.5g
Red OFF 21.3
Max Soot level before DPF is inhibited 28.5g
Max Soot level before DPF is stopped 31.5g

No idea what the % equivalent is to above and I hope I never see them Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I have never seen an amber alarm, but have seen my soot % reach 72%-74% on the scanner app so thats approx 3/4 of full. Full being Red? I presume?????? or would it be Amber? Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #651503 23rd Dec 2022 10:21am
luxmoggy

Nearly 2000 km since the oil change. I have 3 filters and the oil needed for 3 oil changes, which is good. As it was only 6000 km since the last oil change.

GAP Tool: correctly sees when Active/Passive Regen is happening. Soot level not high.

Car Scanner Pro: Correctlz sees when Active/Passive Regen is happening. I know that it will trigger this at 100% every time. The Average Distance between the regen and the distance since the last regen are also good indicators.

I plan to continue using the "Car Scanner Pro" for the moment as this is the best guide for when Regens will happen. I can then use the GAP tool to see "Oil Quality Fuel Dilution Factor" and "Measured Soot Mass" values don't get too high.

I am looking in the GAP Tool to see if I can find those 3 values. But I haven't found the matching ones yet. SDV8 AB MY 2020
MINI Cooper S Cabrio

Post #652335 2nd Jan 2023 5:04pm
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

@Kot, @Luxmoggy:

As you know, I got the kit some time ago, and have been following this thread closely, but not done much about it rather just watching the MTS plummet Sad
Yesterday, I plugged in the Vgate iCar Pro and it said Soot was 58%, MTS was 3850 miles, so only about 1K “real” miles based on history. Needing to stretch to the next service in 3 months, I didn’t want to risk a failed active regen.
So today, I made a short slow trip a few miles to top up the tank, plugged in the kit to monitor what was going on.
Soot was at 59% at the start and both exhausts about 250C. A short run to the motorway, then I floored it down the sliproad and set to cruise at 70mph. Within a minute or two, Soot went to 100% indicated and the DPF indicated “2” and the exhaust temps both steadily climbed, topping out at about 660C, so the active regen was under way. After about 12 minutes, the Soot dropped to 9%, then slowly 8, 7, over the next few minutes until the regen indicator went to “0” and the exhaust temps started dropping slowly, -job done! Mr. Green
Pretty much by the book as written by both you guys, so I’m pleased and wish I’d not been so lazy in the past months Embarassed
Thanks to low mileage, I’ll probably just squeak it to the next dealer service, but you can be sure I’ll be checking and using the kit more often from now on.
I just wanted to thank you both for your invaluable information and help on this subject Bow down Bow down Bow down

Finally, a screenshot after my return trip today: soot at 10%, exhausts down to well under 200C after a long steep downhill on no throttle off the motorway and home, great stuff! Thumbs Up

“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #653641 15th Jan 2023 5:41pm
luxmoggy

I also did my latest Regen run on Friday. I have set the software to 2013-2017 4.4 SDV8. I have a couple of other fields.
I find the average and KM since the last Regen informative

Click image to enlarge

Since I did an oil change I have only used Shell V-Power Diesel. There are many threads on this. I have a feeling at the moment that the results are positive in l/100km and also in km since the last regen. The one from Friday was 754km after the last one. In the past, I saw 750/751km until I had the failed batch of regens. I will keep an eye on this and report my finding to the group. SDV8 AB MY 2020
MINI Cooper S Cabrio

Post #653653 15th Jan 2023 7:49pm
Abacus405

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Carpathian Grey

Loving this thread!

Unfortunately my engine (3.0l diesel 2017) is not fully supported, so I use the generic one. This means I don’t have the “moles since last regen” value.

I’ve found mine can do a regenerate even at reasonably slow town speeds 25-35mph which is reassuring.

Mine rarely goes as low as 10 though, usually settling around 17%

I only really do short journeys of around 5 miles, so it’s useful to keep an eye on the soot level, so I’m not doing lots of failed Regens. I’m even thinking of buying a used iPhone to leave plugged in all the time. 2017 (67) Vogue SE Corinthian Grey

Post #653656 15th Jan 2023 8:34pm
Gremlin500

@Luxmoggy:

Dashboard configuration updated!! Bow down Bow down Bow down Mr. Green Thumbs Up

Much more useful that Speed/rpm than I had at the bottom of mine Embarassed thanks!! “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #653658 15th Jan 2023 8:51pm
Gremlin500

Abacus405:

Check again the profile list or try updating the software: I also have a MY2017 3.0 TDV6, it’s there for me. Thumbs Up “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #653675 15th Jan 2023 10:24pm
Abacus405

Thanks, this is my list.

Click image to enlarge
 2017 (67) Vogue SE Corinthian Grey

Post #653682 15th Jan 2023 11:21pm
Gremlin500

Delete and re-download the software on your phone.
I have available “Range Rover Vogue TDV6 2017” as a profile.
In the List, ignore Land Rover, and scroll further, you will find Range Rover lower down the list.
You can select OBD-II/EOBD if nothing else present, it should offer all possible available parameters. Thumbs Up “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #653694 16th Jan 2023 1:35am
Abacus405

Thanks again.

I seem to be using the latest version 1.95, but still don’t have vogue in the list. Using the generic profile I don’t have miles since last regen, only miles between and time between.

I wonder if I need the paid for version?

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 2017 (67) Vogue SE Corinthian Grey

Post #653698 16th Jan 2023 8:43am
Gremlin500

Ah! I didn’t think of that!

Yes, I’m afraid so, functionality is limited in the free version.
It’s only £5.99 IIRC, so worth it. Thumbs Up “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #653704 16th Jan 2023 10:07am
Abacus405

Still no joy!

Updated iPhone to latest iOS.

Deleted and reinstalled app.

Upgraded to pro version.

Still no Range Rover Vogue 3.0

Could you please share your settings, I’ll try to contact the developer, thanks again. 2017 (67) Vogue SE Corinthian Grey

Post #653709 16th Jan 2023 10:47am
Gremlin500

Sorry Abacus405, I was looking at “ My Cars” which is self-edited, and not in “Connection Profile”
It’s just using “Land Rover OBD-II/EOBD”, but the Average Distance between DPF Regens is available, so is Average Time. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #653711 16th Jan 2023 11:06am
Abacus405

Ah, mystery solved!

Thanks for trying to help. I still like the app. 2017 (67) Vogue SE Corinthian Grey

Post #653712 16th Jan 2023 11:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 23 <123 ... 789 ... 212223>