Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > I'm now a Regeneration trainee nerd--lol
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 20 of 23 <123 ... 1920 212223>
Print this entire topic · 
Spridget

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Corris Grey

Aha..my first regen. Now I'm one of the big lads. Cool . Soot concentration was about 20 (I don't have a trigger point on my display) and exhaust temps started to climb into the 500s. After about 20 minutes soot dropped to 6, exhaust temps back to normal and miles since last regen from 260 to 0. Well worth the effort of setting it up to know when to expect and catch a regen.
Amazingly my long suffering better half wasn't nearly as excited as I was. Neutral

Post #683670 23rd Jan 2024 5:11pm
luxmoggy

Germany 2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Montalcino Red

Congratulations and welcome to the club. SDV8 AB MY 2020
MINI Cooper S Cabrio
Kit: Jaguar XK140 (in progress - the website is link to build)

Post #683671 23rd Jan 2024 5:34pm
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

Humph! I suppose there goes my free pint at the Dun Cow? Big Cry

Glad you managed it on your own!

Somewhere out there is a gorgeous dream woman, who gets off on this sort of stuff Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #683685 23rd Jan 2024 7:08pm
Spridget

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Corris Grey

I can guarantee that there'll be more future crises requiring your expertise so tell the Landlord to keep a parking space free. (a big one)
Cheers
Pete

Post #683702 23rd Jan 2024 8:35pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

Gremlin500 wrote:
Humph! I suppose there goes my free pint at the Dun Cow? Big Cry

Glad you managed it on your own!

Somewhere out there is a gorgeous dream woman, who gets off on this sort of stuff Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

You know my wife Question Rolling with laughter 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #683705 23rd Jan 2024 8:57pm
Swasher

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Hi Regenerators !
Forgive me for asking a really numpty question:

I've just got hold of the iCar ELM327 OBD II BT, and installed the lifetime full pro version (1.103.3) of Car scanner, and currently running through the setup via demo mode in preparation for a long-ish run on Wednesday.

What size files are generated (iPhone) when recording the data, and therefore is any special setup required for storage..?

Thanks (soon to be part of the club)

Swasher MY17 VSE FF Corris

Post #684797 5th Feb 2024 2:52pm
Gremlin500

@Swasher:

Re files, nothing significant, I wouldn’t worry about it.
The hardest part is sitting fiddling about with the screen layout in “Demo” mode to get the font sizes/colour changes/alarms how you fancy them. Once that’s done, it’s a breeze to plug in & check in seconds. Just take it slowly at first, you’ll soon get the hang of it. Thumbs Up “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #684802 5th Feb 2024 3:38pm
Swasher

@Gremlin500:

Great news, thanks matey.
I'll let you know how I get on (or don't) so that I can receive my 'Regeneration club' medal...

Thumbs Up MY17 VSE FF Corris

Post #684803 5th Feb 2024 3:49pm
luxmoggy

Files about 2-3mb for normal journeys. My largest is 40mb for the 12hours to go snowboarding.

You can delete individual journeys recordings if you want.

I rarely go and look at the recordings now. As I can tell what is happening very well on the dashboard. But next time I am in the UK I might look at them to see why the distance between Regens is half when there. SDV8 AB MY 2020
MINI Cooper S Cabrio

Post #684809 5th Feb 2024 5:41pm
Swasher

@luxmoggy:

Thanks again for the info/ file sizes - don't think it would worry my poor old phone.. good to know.
Very Happy MY17 VSE FF Corris

Post #684821 5th Feb 2024 7:24pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

luxmoggy wrote:
But next time I am in the UK I might look at them to see why the distance between Regens is half when there.

1km is 5/8th of a mile so maybe its to do with you keeping the scanner on kms (dist between regens) and you have set the speedo etc to miles as you enter UK, and so OBD2 data is changed to miles? but the sky scanner app doesn't know as its still thinking its seeing kms? Just a thought! 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #684841 5th Feb 2024 9:21pm
Swasher

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Hey guys.

After my first trial with the Car scanner App, I'm pleased to say I'm no longer a Regen virgin..

I did a couple of 70+ mile runs, and was surprised to see the DPF % figure jump to 100 when in Regen, but I guess that's just how it does it.
The second run coming back was much the same, and I managed to note the DPF percentage stayed at 7%, after Regen, whilst the 'soot' level dropped to 2.8 - 3grams. I can only suppose this is normal.

I don't really mind that the mileage between Regens started at 111, then dropped to 108 on the second run..
As long as the Regen value drops to 0 and the exhaust temps/soot levels drop after Regen, then I'm happy..
Next stage is tweaking for whistle/buzzer alerts.
Thank to Kot for getting me into this..my wife thinks I'm being too fussy, but the fact that I know fuel isn't being dumped into the oil helps me sleep at night !

Cheers. MY17 VSE FF Corris

Post #684988 7th Feb 2024 7:55pm
luxmoggy

It is a good feeling to know when they are happening. But if you get a failed one now you feel really bad, I warn you - it has happened to me.

My soot % normally drops to around 10% (a few times lower). The grams have similar values to you.

From my calculations, you can have a maximum of 32 regens per oil change. 24,000km / 750km. That is with no fails and each regen going completely.

So a regen every 125 (you are just under this) miles is 4000 miles, which is how often @kot changes his oil.

It could be good to collect data about how far people are getting between regens. SDV8 AB MY 2020
MINI Cooper S Cabrio

Post #684991 7th Feb 2024 8:09pm
Gremlin500

I’m still working in % soot not grams, I just find it easier.
Normally, I’m getting 200 miles between regens, I know its ready for a regen at exactly 50%, so then I take it for a run down the motorway after a warm up usually involving topping up the tank, and it needs to have the oil over 90C, then usually flooring the loud pedal onto the motorway gets it going immediately.
However, due to my travelling away in my truck recently, the Mrs managed to get it up to 61% Shocked
yet without a failed regen (short trips, slow speed). I was surprised to see the regen start as soon as I exceeded 40mph on my way to the M/way with oil still only around 60C Embarassed and despite having to negotiate several traffic lights and junctions, it kept the regen going until I joined the motorway, then finished much quicker than normal but Soot at 20%, not the expected 7%, the usual trigger-point for the “2” changing to a “1” in the Car Scanner display. My Ave Distance between Regens, dropped all the way to 100m Big Cry
So, don’t push it re soot level, go for that long blast as soon as the trigger is approaching, or you could be marooned far from a beautiful motorway, stuck in traffic haemmoraging diesel into your engine oil Shocked Shocked Shocked Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Laughing Sad “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #685025 7th Feb 2024 11:14pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

One of the trigger points is the average distance between Regens. So once you have passed that ave distance point it will trigger a Regen once conditions are met. 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #685044 8th Feb 2024 9:50am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 20 of 23 <123 ... 1920 212223>