Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > I'm now a Regeneration trainee nerd--lol
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 23 of 23 <123 ... 212223
Print this entire topic · 
CerebralThunder

United Kingdom 

Gremlin500 wrote:
Sorry guys, a “senior moment” there, you seem to have both worked it out.
CT, have you tried not using a profile, just selecting “all sensors” then picking from the entire list?
These are the sensors then available on my V6:

Click image to enlarge

EDIT: I need to update that pic sorry, the last sensors is now “miles since last regen”

Apologies for not replying!! ABAB's recent addition to the thread highlighted I never got back to you..

This didn't work for me and no matter what I try, I cannot show those particular sensors (similar to ABAB it seems). Regarding your comment about passive regeneration, I'm seeing the opposite with the sensors I CAN see (mostly soot%). When travelling on the motorway I can see this dropping with normal (maybe slightly heavy footed) driving, which is why I am having so many miles between regens I guess..

I've decided to ignore it completely Smile

Post #689586 1st Apr 2024 2:10pm
luxmoggy

Germany 2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Montalcino Red

On my last trip to the UK. I monitored the values closely. I did manage to get 750km between Regens but part way into the holiday, I went for a motorway drive to get some passive Regens. It lowered the soot gram enough so that the active regen happened as expected. It is the lower-speed journeys that increase the soot lots.

The other thing I noticed is that the speed I am doing while the Active Regens does make a difference. For the last few regens I have had the cruise control set to 120 km/h (75 mph) the soot % never reset, and the value stayed at 100%. In the last regen, the cc was set to 140 km/h (87 mph) and at the end of the process the soot % dropped from 100 to 8 - which I was expecting it to. I am happy to live in Germany. SDV8 AB MY 2020
MINI Cooper S Cabrio
Kit: Jaguar XK140 (in progress - the website is link to build)

Post #690779 17th Apr 2024 6:55am
Richie N

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Baltic Blue

I would assume that rpm makes the difference. When I got the warning light (not red) I drove just a few miles (5-10) on the motorway in 6th gear at around 70mph.

I haven’t had the warning light since.

Post #690780 17th Apr 2024 7:20am
fisha

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

I think the regen process likes to engage fully on light over run, so if your cruising at speed and lighten the throttle, it’s an opportunity to shove more fuel down the pipe to get a burn.

I also suspect that the amount of fuel shoved down varies by speed as it’ll be factoring that the faster air flow from that speed will create more thermal cooling capacit, thus more fuel and a faster regen.

It’s clear from when I’ve watched it that regen rates appears to vary in a consistent manner with cruising speed. V8 or else ...

Post #690798 17th Apr 2024 8:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 23 of 23 <123 ... 212223