Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > I'm now a Regeneration trainee nerd--lol
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 22 of 23 <123 ... 212223>
Print this entire topic · 
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

Ummm, CT is the vehicle in question ULEZ (Euro 6) compliant, or was it registered before 1st September 2015? That may have something to do with it?
i.e. do you use DEF fluid, or not? Whistle “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #687041 3rd Mar 2024 12:05pm
CerebralThunder

United Kingdom 

@Gremlin500
It is Euro 5, not euro 6 (NO Ad Blue)

@Kot
It's a standard standard SDV6 engine as far as I know. I have tried many profiles from both Land Rover and Range Rover within the app but can't find any of the most basic sensors you mentioned. I'll happily revisit this but currently I am using the: Range Rover 2014-2015 L405 3.0 Diesel V6 profile.

Does the Euro5 type mean further distances between regens? Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this if it is a basic question..

Thank you all again.

Post #687045 3rd Mar 2024 12:40pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue
L

Still persevering with IIDtool!

Anyway, did a 320 round trip to Aberdeen, all on dual carriageway, so speeds of on or around 70mph, so I was expecting the “measured soot mass” to have drooped from my first reading of 12 but I was surprised to see it has actually gone up to 17.
I had expected this trip to have kicked off a DPF regen and burn this off, so am I looking at this the wrong way?
I can see the “average distance between regens” has gone from 145 miles to 339 miles, so assume that’s good?

Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #687061 3rd Mar 2024 4:21pm
Gremlin500

@Alan:

Your vehicle is not behaving typically, well at least not the same as mine (TDV6) but the V8 should be almost identical. Forget the DEF/no DEF question above, DEF only relates to Nox, not Soot and anyway it’s downstream of the DPF, so the AdBlue addition can have no effect : sorry, my Red Herring Embarassed

On a recent round trip from Newcastle to Manchester (almost identical distance to your trip) on fast roads/motorways, my recently regenned DPF slowly filled up with soot to 50%, then regenned just after Preston on the downward leg, then filled up with soot again on the way home Rolling with laughter So next day, I had to fill her up, and take a run down to Stockton & back just to regen Laughing THAT’s typical!

I have NEVER EVER managed to reduce soot even by 1% by “passive regen”, only by active regen, which normally wants to kick in at 50% soot, then takes 20 mins or so to get to 7%, at which point it ceases.

Something seems wrong with 850 miles between regens, you would expect 150-250 range as being typical (Do others agree?)

Some of your parameters make no sense, but I use the “Kot Kit” not the iiD tool.
You can be on the same page as the rest of us for £25-30. Thumbs Up Very Happy “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #687063 3rd Mar 2024 4:49pm
CerebralThunder

United Kingdom 

@Gremlin500

I really do appreciate the reply, but maybe you're mixing up Alan's and my replies - easily done as it's gone so convoluted over the last few replies is this thread, sorry.

I DO use the 'Kot Kit' setup, although as mentioned, I don't seem to be able to monitor the same sensors as you guys.

I wonder if there are others with a (2015?) SDV6 that have the same problems in regards to the sensors?

The 850 mile thing is something I'm not overly worried about, but as everybody else in this thread is seeing regens much sooner it has piqued my interest..

Thanks.

Last edited by CerebralThunder on 3rd Mar 2024 5:17pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #687064 3rd Mar 2024 5:01pm
alanm_3

Yes, that looks like a reply to you CT, sorry to muddy the waters Bow down

My regen mileage looks to be within acceptable parameters Thumbs Up Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue

Post #687066 3rd Mar 2024 5:13pm
Gremlin500

Sorry guys, a “senior moment” there, you seem to have both worked it out.
CT, have you tried not using a profile, just selecting “all sensors” then picking from the entire list?
These are the sensors then available on my V6:

Click image to enlarge

EDIT: I need to update that pic sorry, the last sensors is now “miles since last regen” “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #687088 3rd Mar 2024 8:42pm
Kot

United Kingdom 
Re: L

alanm_3 wrote:
Still persevering with IIDtool!

Anyway, did a 320 round trip to Aberdeen, all on dual carriageway, so speeds of on or around 70mph, so I was expecting the “measured soot mass” to have drooped from my first reading of 12 but I was surprised to see it has actually gone up to 17.
I had expected this trip to have kicked off a DPF regen and burn this off, so am I looking at this the wrong way?
I can see the “average distance between regens” has gone from 145 miles to 339 miles, so assume that’s good?

Thats all good! going from 12g to 17g on such a long trip shows that you have had some passive regeneration, but you never get enough to match what you are always producing. Whistle Maybe on the autobahns you might Rolling with laughter
Again such long runs will increase your "Av distance between regens" as yours surely has. No issues here. 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #687192 4th Mar 2024 6:23pm
alanm_3

Excellent, cheers for the confirmation Thumbs Up Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue

Post #687204 4th Mar 2024 7:16pm
hmallett

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Firenze Red

For anyone who only has the Autel AP200, the relevant metrics that I can see are:

Distance to next service (km)
    Oil quality fuel dilution factor - inferred
    Diesel particulate filter remaining volume (L)*
    Diesel particulate filter soot concentration - Inferred using differential pressure (g/m3)
    Distance since diesel particulate filter regeneration (m)
    Calculated soot in oil (mg)*
    Particulate filter differential pressure - Measure (hpa)
    Number of successful regenerations*
    Number of demanded regenerations
    Incomplete regeneration status*
    Particulate filter regeneration inhibited status
    Number of partial successful regenerations*

The items with a * are those where I haven't seen any useful output - maybe the counter doesn't work on my car, or maybe I've not yet been in a situation where the counter would register, as I've only had the car for a couple of months.

From my stats, I share the following, as it's always interesting to compare with others:
    Highest Diesel particulate filter soot concentration - Inferred using differential pressure (g/m3) observed - 21
    Highest Distance since diesel particulate filter regeneration (m) observed - 688665
    Average distance between regenerations over the lifetime of the car (calculated by me) - 485 miles

Post #688489 20th Mar 2024 9:32am
Kot

United Kingdom 

@hmallett----Interesting, I have the AP200, and use it for DTC only, never crossed my mind on using it to view associated DPF readings.
Can you list the procedure you are using to view your metrics. Can you see graphs etc?
Would be useful to add your car profile details as forum members can compare etc 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #688491 20th Mar 2024 9:45am
hmallett

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Firenze Red

Quote:
Interesting, I have the AP200, and use it for DTC only, never crossed my mind on using it to view associated DPF readings.
Can you list the procedure you are using to view your metrics. Can you see graphs etc?

The AP200 can do graphs, but they are very basic, and barely customisable. I don't use them.
Instead, to get these stats, I go in to the app, connect to the car, choose "Control Unit" (instead of "Auto scan", "Powertrain control module", "Live Data", then I observe and note the values in there. I only do this occasionally. I don't monitor any values while driving.
It's a bit cumbersome, but it cost me less than £50, so I'm not complaining!

Post #688493 20th Mar 2024 9:53am
ABAB

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I can claim some success with observing my first regen but still feel I’m quite a long way from the Jedi status of those above who’ve contributed loads on this subject.

I was interested to see after the regen had happened that the measure “DPF distance since last regeneration” did not click straight back to zero as I’d expected, rather it did a gradual wind back to zero which took a minute or so.

My main frustration at the moment is not being able to pick up all the data points that others have posted here. In the screenshot of the app, the missing items just show as “not selected”.

I’ve got a 2016 SDV8, so fairly mainstream model I think. I’ve tried some different connection profiles in Car Scanner Pro, but presume I should be using “Range Rover Range Rover 2013-2016 V8 4.4 Diesel”. The data I’m struggling to pick up are:

DPF/GPF soot (Normalized Trigger for PF Regen)
Particulate Filter (DPF) Regeneration in progress (0 - no regeneration, 1 - passive… etc etc
Average distance between PF Regens

Would much appreciate some guidance!

Click image to enlarge
 2016 SDV8 AB

Post #689526 31st Mar 2024 4:49pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

Gremlin500 wrote:
Sorry guys, a “senior moment” there, you seem to have both worked it out.
CT, have you tried not using a profile, just selecting “all sensors” then picking from the entire list?
These are the sensors then available on my V6:

Click image to enlarge

EDIT: I need to update that pic sorry, the last sensors is now “miles since last regen”

@ABAB have you tried Gremlins advice above? maybe that will be better for you? 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #689529 31st Mar 2024 5:18pm
ABAB

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I think I’ve tried that advice, but in typing this reply I think I’ve worked out that I can simply ignore the “connection profile” setting altogether rather than trying to base the profile around the “OTHER BRAND” that I’d thought was for a generic list.

I will try the former and report back! 2016 SDV8 AB

Post #689532 31st Mar 2024 5:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 22 of 23 <123 ... 212223>