Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Woke up this morning & bought a new 460 !!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
Bill

United Kingdom 

Well the important stuff arrived, rest of the bits Monday Rolling with laughter

Click image to enlarge
 Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #638866 6th Aug 2022 6:20pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Ok the rest of the car arrived and I collected yesterday ; Fantastic

L460 D300, from a 4.4L L405 66 plate.

24 hours in , It’s a dream to drive….

I was lucky to get one, right place at the right time. Wonderfully served .

If you are on the list, really worth waiting for.

Of course no where to put your sun/driving glasses, the spaces in the door to keep essential stuff my side ,
Censored & sweet papers her side is a minus.

Plus is the new app gives you a countdown on Adblu , no guess work, & the condition of the diesel exhaust filter.
All incoming air is filtered
Economy is good, limited mileage 20-30 miles covered, 40mpg +
Dream to drive
Very quiet
Screen info stuff needs practise but very fast.
Take off from a roundabout is faster than the L405 …. Don’t care what the figures say.
Headlights are great.

It’s black on black with added black, bear in mind my wife liked a black exterior ( anything to get permission) , I’m happy with the compromise of black leather. Won’t show the crud.
Took the paint & leather & wheel protection & GAP …..Just a big priced car & the insurance pales into insignificance.

Click image to enlarge

Lots to learn & I may post bits and pieces here. In the meantime three wheels for sale… anyone ordering this style & need a spare? Impossible to order a spare wheel at the moment , not sure about all the designs. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #639200 10th Aug 2022 3:53pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

nice subtle silver [grey?] trim bits..

i like.. Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #639204 10th Aug 2022 4:11pm
Renaco

Germany 2019 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Corris Grey

Lovely, enjoy and please, pictures, pictures, pictures 😊

Post #639213 10th Aug 2022 5:07pm
Crocs

Scotland 

How does GAP Insurance work if the market value is greater than the original cost?

Post #639214 10th Aug 2022 5:09pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

If the value is higher , I’ll be paying them Rolling with laughter

I don’t think those high values will hold… that said , I was in an expensive restaurant yesterday as a guest, Tuesday night full. So no shortage of money quite yet. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #639231 10th Aug 2022 8:34pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Renaco wrote:
Lovely, enjoy and please, pictures, pictures, pictures 😊

The best bit…….. The bonnet catch is on the drivers side. That’s a first for me ! Seat adjustment on the door. Very handy.
The filter system on the air coming in is supposed to take out a covid virus ?????) surely not!!!
anyway you can see on the graphics the particulate count go down to a 2 which is very clean air.

I hate start stop, so either it’s permanently switched off, or it’s silent.( or I am deaf) Rolling with laughter

Thanks Renaco

More pictures…. My photography is not as good as JLR
Starting with the black rear hole

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #639302 11th Aug 2022 2:53pm
Renaco

Germany 2019 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Corris Grey

Bill
Thanks a lot, this pics shortens the long wait for mine.
Sharp design, cant get enough for the moment.
👍

Post #639304 11th Aug 2022 3:05pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Sorry to bang on but……

As mentioned black wasn’t my choice, but have grown to love it almost instantly. The black is speckled and very attractive.

JLR have been clever with the design and all the lights on the back with blackish glass just merge into the
car.

Click image to enlarge

Post #639381 12th Aug 2022 9:45am
btiratsoo

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

What a lovely vehicle Bill. Congrats for being in the right place at the right time and being able to get it bought. Will look forward to seeing more on the thread as you get used to it.

Ben Current vehicles:
1944 Fordson Standard
1982 Land Rover Series 3 88" petrol
1984 Ford 4610
2009 3.6 TDV8 Vogue
2017 CLS Shooting Brake

Post #640223 19th Aug 2022 6:19pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Thanks Ben.

Bear in mind I PX’d a 66 car so some of the ‘new things’ maybe on the My 17-My21. Just new to me.

I am astonished by the silence of the engine. I’m sure it has restart , haven’t found out where to switch it off as I normally used to, I just don’t notice it cranking… as mentioned before slightly hard of hearing especially when wifey is handing out jobs. Indicators quieter as well.

The excellent all round camera system switches in automatically when parking. No guess work needed to see if parked within the lines. I like wheel lines superimposed on the reverse camera, now on the front one as I pull forward. Turning in my drive is significantly different with four wheel steering.

Tip : u all know I didn’t spec this car, but it came with 23” wheels.( I probably would of gone down that route. )

The ride on a motorway/ good road is fantastic. In essex we have London clay contracting and expanding and this summer some really major essex roads are seriously very cruddy.
The car is fine & can handle the huge dips , depressions and being off balance….. but low profile tyres may not be the wisest choice. Throws us around the car a bit & harsh jolts and that’s not at a huge speed.(40mph)
Still seeking to see if there is a setting. Maybe worth a spec change. Certainly investigate if you have back issues. I will anyway just slow down on the three roads in this state that I frequently use .

Can’t wait for a French trip on decent roads….. I don’t need 145 mph or do I?

Still just playing Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #640297 20th Aug 2022 1:57pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Just got back from 2,000 miles in France (L405 not the new model),and I can tell you that the MHEW D300 engine is a dream, quiet, smooth and quick. MPG was good too. The car said average 38mpg but the app (which is the truth!!) said just over 34mpg. A lot of non-mway driving. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #640322 20th Aug 2022 5:55pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Everything in this car is almost silent. Even the auto boot closing….just glides.

Nothing to do with my hearing, SWMBO mentioned the quieter engine , and she can hear my opening a crisp packet at 100 m! Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #640846 25th Aug 2022 10:32am
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

Chalky wrote:
Just got back from 2,000 miles in France (L405 not the new model),and I can tell you that the MHEW D300 engine is a dream, quiet, smooth and quick. MPG was good too. The car said average 38mpg but the app (which is the truth!!) said just over 34mpg. A lot of non-mway driving. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I’ve just cracked 10000 miles in my L460 and can genuinely say that the mpg on the D350 engine is preventing me from chucking the car in for a Taycan. It is extraordinary. There’s a feature in the tile display that allows you to look at the eco data for each journey you’ve taken in the car. I’m regularly achieving 38-44 mpg on longer motorway journeys. It is extraordinary.

Post #640912 25th Aug 2022 8:58pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

Very nice Bill....was in the JLR local dealer 2 weeks ago for a check on my Westminster and almost considered the L460 thye had for sale so well played for taking the jump as it looks a fantastic car!!!

Hope you enjoy every mile as its a beauty!! all smug in my new plug!

2021 Westminster Black D300
2013 Vogue SE - gone
Some Porsche Cayenne guff pretending to be a 4x4!!
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #640918 25th Aug 2022 10:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 6 <123456>