Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Woke up this morning & bought a new 460 !!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 6 123456>
Print this entire topic · 
Bill

United Kingdom 
Woke up this morning & bought a new 460 !!!!!

Had a surprise call from my local dealer this morning. He knew I was hanging around looking for one, not wanting to buy 18 months forward.
One became available Shocked Diesel 300 HSE retractable running boards. The only thing it doesn’t have is the fridge!

I test drove at 11.00 am.

I would of specked 350, but frankly the 300 had more than enough poke , you know in that 40-60 mph range and u need a spurt, ditto on take off, so a compromise I was very happy to make…
Wife wanted black , not my first choice, but hey I had approval when I started to look.
Black interior , I wouldn’t spec, but again, it’s done so well by JLR & anyway won’t show the dirty marks from my jeans Very Happy Happy compromise.
Just the lack of a Censored fridge!

There is a fantastic AB 66 diesel 4.4 being offered on the forum for a fast sale later today. 67,000 miles

Bill

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #638429 1st Aug 2022 4:39pm
aja500

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

Congratulations - Well done Bill, sounds like your timing was spot on there.

Also, your wife gets her first choice in paint colour - You know what they say, happy wife, happy life.

Enjoy Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #638431 1st Aug 2022 5:04pm
DrF

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Orkney Grey

Very nice,

I hope Neil and his Team looked after you.

DrF Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #638455 1st Aug 2022 9:58pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

I've been banging on about the D300MHEV on here since I bought mine........see Bill, I told you it was good!!

Congrats on the car Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #638485 2nd Aug 2022 10:29am
Bill

United Kingdom 

Chalky you are absolutely right Bow down Bow down

I just couldn’t believe the response in the D300 engine, for all sorts or reasons I am probably wrong in saying , it was as sharp as the 4.4L , well pleased .
This car won’t struggle

Bill Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #638488 2nd Aug 2022 11:07am
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up I think I'm right in saying the D350 is another £6k which I didn't think was worth it for me as I don't tow. All LR cars from 1984

Post #638497 2nd Aug 2022 1:56pm
Martin2

England 

I think it's £3k difference between the D300 and D350.

Dynamic Response Pro is standard on the D350, so take that into account and you're getting another 50hp / 35lb ft for no cost. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #638514 2nd Aug 2022 4:43pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

I don't need dynamic response so if I had it, it would be an extra outlay, much like many of the things on an Autobiography which I would never use or need, that's why I buy SE's Thumbs Up Thumbs Up All LR cars from 1984

Post #638521 2nd Aug 2022 6:00pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Hi Martin

If I were ordering, I might well do the 350 , However this was the one on offer. Not waiting on a waiting list.

I test drove a defender the previous week, and wasn’t for me. I thought it was a 3 l engine so when I had the call, my heart sank .
Anyway I do the test drive… it is as pokey as the 4.4L instant power…( whatever the numbers on the spec sheets say) 60-100mph in a blink. absolutely fantastic. I don’t need the 350. Horses for courses.

The defender turned out to be a 250… my mistake, glad I went to test , I nearly didn’t, & full marks to the sales guy who insisted I should try it. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #638522 2nd Aug 2022 6:11pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Bow down Bow down All LR cars from 1984

Post #638523 2nd Aug 2022 6:12pm
Martin2

England 

Bill wrote:
Hi Martin

If I were ordering, I might well do the 350 , However this was the one on offer. Not waiting on a waiting list.

I test drove a defender the previous week, and wasn’t for me. I thought it was a 3 l engine so when I had the call, my heart sank .
Anyway I do the test drive… it is as pokey as the 4.4L instant power…( whatever the numbers on the spec sheets say) 60-100mph in a blink. absolutely fantastic. I don’t need the 350. Horses for courses.

The defender turned out to be a 250… my mistake, glad I went to test , I nearly didn’t, & full marks to the sales guy who insisted I should try it.

Thumbs Up

Although the difference between the D350 and D300 will be the same as you've found between D250 and D300....so quite a step forward Very Happy

I'm joking, the only thing that matters is you're happy with the engine / performance. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #638526 2nd Aug 2022 6:40pm
Renaco

Germany 2019 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Corris Grey

Bill wrote:
Chalky you are absolutely right Bow down Bow down

I just couldn’t believe the response in the D300 engine, for all sorts or reasons I am probably wrong in saying , it was as sharp as the 4.4L , well pleased .
This car won’t struggle

Bill

Congratulations, lovely car!
Regarding the engine, my exprerience is, that every engine is different, I am sure you got a very „strong“ outcome of a D300 engine. Had in the company two SDV6 in the past, 275hp, one felt like 200hp, the other one like 300hp, so they can be very different once assembled…

I am still waiting for my P510e and it seems 10 month from now on… so wish you can enjoy the stylish ride with a smile and the knowledge of owning the smartest looking Range Rover ever…

Post #638608 3rd Aug 2022 8:12pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Thankyou Renaco. Thumbs Up
I went through phases
1)To Censored expensive
2)Lovely car
3)Wait until end autumn and pick something up
4) JUMP at the opportunity presented.

it’s a fantastic car not quite my chosen spec, but actually everything I need , except the fridge by the driver. A problem I expect to resolve simply.

Certainly amongst the first out there, by luck, not design.

I really like , as a heart choice, the petrol cars , the performance is astonishing , but way way way beyond anything I need. I prefer diesel as the head choice. Everyone is different Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #638650 4th Aug 2022 10:09am
Renaco

Germany 2019 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Corris Grey

Bill
So true, drove from Munich to Milan this morning, no stop, 5 hours for 560km one way with the SDV6 and still gas for 250km left in…
With a EV I would never made it without a 30 minute stop and would need another refill here in Milan.

Enjoy the torque in this stylish car.
By the way, I never activated the fridges in my centre console… 🫣

Post #638665 4th Aug 2022 12:00pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

[quote="Martin2"]

Bill wrote:
Hi Martin

If I were ordering, I might well do the 350 , However this was the one on offer. Not waiting on a waiting list. Snip snip

Thumbs Up

Although the difference between the D350 and D300 will be the same as you've found between D250 and D300....so quite a step forward Very Happy

I'm joking, the only thing that matters is you're happy with the engine / performance.

Martin you are of course right… anyone want a second hand D300 with no mileage?? Kidding, but you are correct.( & no fridge!!)

Pick up Monday.
I’m adding the ‘ceramic ‘ type coating offered by the dealer, it’s a two step version , anyway, water and in theory muck just floats off the car.. AND it covers the interior / leather as well… Shocked £500 ish…seems to good to be true . Take it in as many times as I like for a top up(?) …well I’ll do it on service days.

First time I have ever bought gap insurance, just to much money to be in the hole for.

The car wasn’t specked with a spare wheel, so I bought four from someone else , they just took off their new 460. , will have three for sale soon! Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #638831 6th Aug 2022 10:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 6 123456>