Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Woke up this morning & bought a new 460 !!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Print this entire topic · 
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Just checked WBAC and it values mine at £10k below what I paid 6 months ago. LR used pricing is still above what I paid.

So for the same spec car I would expect to pay say £5k in depreciation plus any difference in price/spec. Maybe £10k in depreciation plus price/spec difference at a year old.

I have another same spec on order that may arrive in the next 12 months but won’t be taking it if they’re asking £45k to swap. MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #670902 10th Aug 2023 5:54pm
ABAB

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Big thank you for the real world review - very easy to read and informative. 2016 SDV8 AB

Post #670957 11th Aug 2023 9:42am
Bill

United Kingdom 

Phil. wrote:
Bill,

If you’re upgrading to the same HSE spec plus a fridge then £45k to swap seems out of kilter with the used prices presently on the LR site and Autotrader.

If you’re upgrading to a D350 AB from D300 HSE then this increased spec will account for a large amount of the cost to swap.

I’d ask another dealer or two and would be interested in their responses.

I have now checked autotrader, and I was lowballed! Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #670958 11th Aug 2023 9:53am
RDR

United Kingdom 

I was considering getting rid of mine a few weeks ago (frustrated waiting for parts) if I sold through the likes of motorway it was looking like I might get close to what I paid for it. I bet if I asked my dealer for a cost to swap the answer would be very different. MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My16 Disco 4 HSE LUXURY - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone
MY05 Disco 3 S - gone but not forgotten

Post #670962 11th Aug 2023 10:14am
Bill

United Kingdom 

Checked motorway £ 22,500 better , means I can still think about my new , all be it expensive, fridge…Smile . Thanks Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #670965 11th Aug 2023 10:35am
Crocs

Scotland 

Who did you go with for insurance? Mine went from £484 to £867 (+79%!) with Admiral before a short phone call reduced it by £150 to £717. When will insurance companies realise that this sort of behaviour alienates people?

Post #670975 11th Aug 2023 12:38pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Bill wrote:

I have now checked autotrader, and I was lowballed!

Lookers Chelmsford? Confused

Post #671125 13th Aug 2023 10:14pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

No it wasn’t Lookers, they don’t have any FFRR cars available. They were very fair in giving me the one I have…. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #671144 14th Aug 2023 9:32am
Bill

United Kingdom 

How things can change.

Lookers Chelmsford had a new car available for December. I came to terms with the hit as basically the increased price. I scratched the itch , Specked it with fridge , AB , green and D350. Placed the order…. But then …..

I took the current D300 in for two recalls , and another small job, there is no loan car available. It’s a one hour round trip twice for two cars. A real pain. But hey I can do it…

So…. The car is ready that afternoon…. My wife drives me out again, drops me, they have only done one of the jobs. Shortage of parts and couldn’t find the fault on the third. In many respects I don’t mind that much, other than all of the running around I have to do. I find the lack of a loan car VERY unreasonable. I’m clearly not on their most favoured list. Despite having my last threeFFRR serviced there .
The staff at the service section all changed a year or more ago & are borderline rude.. they don’t care , they see idiots like me who have bought their cars every day. I’m the king of excuses for delays and non delivery (my business was extremely complicated and depended on nature, fish jumping into a net in three months time ) . I know every excuse in the world, and I know when people are saying one thing but mean another… really fed up with them. Their management don’t respond…. All beyond any tiny amount of understanding.

So… in pure frustration I cancel my order… They shrug , they can sell it again.

I can buy the D350 elsewhere.. delivery in a couple of months… but I won’t , why? Because I have to get the wretched thing serviced and Lookers are the only real option. There is an alternative branch in Colchester but much the same system I fear.

So having got this one almost settled in, why buy more abuse from the service department. Sales are good, mechanics are good, I like the car, but the interface and management leave a lot to be desired. I really don’t mind if a part isn’t available, I understand shortages, especially in a recall although you would expect them to be a bit more joined up.

I just will not be messed around with.. they are dreadful.

Rant over, I’ll go and lie down now. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Post #674214 25th Sep 2023 11:58am
RDR

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear, sadly all to similar to my experience only once I had the dealer principle on every email correspondance with the service team things improved. Him watching the pain I went through trying to get things sorted with the car ultimately helped when I finally went for rejection he couldn't even begin to try and persuade me otherwise.

Parts availability and the lack of loan cars are a major issue and the fact that when you get a loan car they don't let you tow or have dogs in them is ridiculous. Parts should be ordered and delivered before work begins, I printed a note and stuck it on the dash advising under no circumstances start work without parts and what happened? they stripped the door, removed the window only to find they needed a part that was on back order I spent 5 weeks without an operating window. MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone

Post #674277 26th Sep 2023 9:18am
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Phil. wrote:
Just checked WBAC and it values mine at £10k below what I paid 6 months ago. LR used pricing is still above what I paid.

So for the same spec car I would expect to pay say £5k in depreciation plus any difference in price/spec. Maybe £10k in depreciation plus price/spec difference at a year old.

I have another same spec on order that may arrive in the next 12 months but won’t be taking it if they’re asking £45k to swap.

An update on my August post.

My new order was due to be delivered in July. I had a look on AT this week and same spec/mileage as mine are being offered by dealers for around £20k less than what I paid a year ago. Add in the price increases plus the margin a dealer would want on a PX and we’re talking around £35k to swap for an identical model in July. The only change being the colour.

Mine has 7.5k miles and still feels like new. I cancelled the order a couple of days ago and received the deposit in full today.

Interesting that dealers have MY23 ‘new’ L460’s available as well as MY24’s in stock. There must be discounts available for stock items and even more if they have been pre-registered. I picked up a ‘new’ pre-reg L405 in May 2020 with a 30% discount. Won’t be long before we see serious discounting if circumstances remain the same (finance, insurance, economy etc.) MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #686704 28th Feb 2024 7:50pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Yes it’s all changed.
I kissed and made up with the dealer as I dealt with new people.

So took another look at the swop/trade in …. Because of the insurance debacle the trade in slipped by 10k in three weeks …I decided again to stick.

At that time there were oodles of cars available…. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Last edited by Bill on 5th Mar 2024 6:46pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #686908 1st Mar 2024 5:28pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Just a note on the insurance nonsense. I was so Censored off with JLR in December I drove to bmw and asked them for trade in value against a new bmw … They didn’t want to buy it despite having RR dealers within their group. No offers!!!!
Anyway over my hissy fit , until the next time! Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

Last edited by Bill on 5th Mar 2024 6:46pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #686909 1st Mar 2024 5:36pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

They clearly can’t get rid of them at the moment, got the hard sell from the dealer after booking a service.

Post #686964 2nd Mar 2024 2:34pm
RDR

United Kingdom 

Was in my dealer Friday they have a few on site ready to register, the 24 plate celebrations were in full swing but couldn’t see many l460s in the queue to be picked up. They also have a few on the way to sell I got the feeling they we’re all cancelations MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone

Post #686965 2nd Mar 2024 2:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456